BestBuy.COM offer: $25 GC with 3DS purchase

Wowww. Here I've been wringing my hands for the past few days, and the Amazon deal for $25 in credit toward a launch game has been so tempting, but this is much better.

Still, my backlog is so big that as much as I'd love a new toy, I'm just not sure I need it.

What to do?

[quote name='Ogami Itto']There are no good games for it, so it's kinda pointless to buy it now.[/QUOTE]

There WAS no reason to buy it now, because as you said yourself, no good games. However, that $25 gift card can be put towards ANYTHING, and it'll be a long time before there's a $20 drop on the system... so this may be the way to go, even if you're like me and will just be screwing around with the AR stuff until there's a good game available.

Thanks, man. Especially with tax season, it's tempting.

I've only ever owned one portable--a PSP that I still use for music at work. I think the thing that's holding me back is that I don't know enough about the NGP.

Waiting is the hardest part.

This deal would only save me $4 because with tax it would come out to about $271 and I l know most people go the amazon route to save tax when they can

[quote name='Kolgar']Thanks, man. Especially with tax season, it's tempting.

I've only ever owned one portable--a PSP that I still use for music at work. I think the thing that's holding me back is that I don't know enough about the NGP.

Waiting is the hardest part.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man, you never had a DS? There are so many great games for that, you should probably get a 3DS ASAP and just play THEM for a while, until there are great 3DS games.

This, amazon or kmart's deal???? I can get a launch title for 15 from kmart(25 off game at time of 3ds purchase) or just save tax on amazon. Uncle sam made it rain this year so i might indulge in a 3ds and pilotwings

What's Best Buy's policy for deal-matching their own website after you've already made the purchase from one of their B&M locations?

ugh, their policies online sound like they won't match an offer if you bought online. I did a bb.com order with in-store pickup.. system has a stuck pixel and I've been debating returning it anyway, but now I get to play "juggle the 3ds units" which is a pain....

I guess my best option is to just re-order and return the original system.

Tried to call to ask what my options were but bb.com customer service was closed... :(

I suggest waiting guys, until DoA. Who doesn't wanna see Katsumi in 3D..S? :p Amazon's deal doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon plus I'm sure they will have some offers to combine with the 3DS once more games come out. The price right now seems a bit high.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']There are no good games for it, so it's kinda pointless to buy it now.[/QUOTE]

I dont know check metacritic... launch system and 2-4 gamesa re in teh extreme high 70's (i.e. 78-79) and above.

Gohst Recon is actually a very good RTS. Street Fighter IV, Ridge racere Surprisingly has pulled decent reviews, and I think Pilot Wings has pulled good reviews.

Thats not bad for a launch.

The brain surgeons at Bestbuy.com told me I can't get the $25 gift card price matched on my original order and explained I should just order a new system and return the old one. Even after explaining how that's a pretty big waste of time and effort for all involved (having to waste CSR time for the pickup and return, having to give them back a system to process and either return or decide to sell as an open box [since they probably wouldn't even see my stuck pixel]), they wouldn't budge. Morons. :p

So I picked up system #2 today and will be returning system #1 sometime over the weekend. (I wanted to have both together in case I could figure out some way to transfer data, which I couldn't. :/ )

bread's done
Back