Bestbuy.com - Preorder Xbox 360 and get Double Points (RZ Members)

I got one finally.
I thought the prices were $399 $499.

So, I guess it is,

$399 Premium
$60 Madden
$50 Controller

Ouch. Hopefully, I can return the controller.

Wouldn't it be incredible if it showed up on the 17th or 18th like the order page says! Congrats to all of you who got through!

Nice system they have in place. I kept trying and trying, and now it's sold out and no longer in my cart. What a joke! BTW has anybody talked to Gamerush? I was in there yesterday and they don't think they are getting their full shipment. It's going to be interesting the tail end of next week when these retailers actually do get their shipments and there is no more speculating.

AFTER 1 HOUR, I have finally submitted my damn order. Order date 11-17 - 11-23. Too bad the Premium systems sold out......

Hey, what is the double points thing. I went ahead and did that. How many points gives a 5.00 GC? Was this the best thing to do?

Glad I didn't get my underwear in a bunch over this. I didn't plan on getting Madden 2006 ever, so ramming it down my throat as part of the bundle was pretty stupid.

Good job, BB. :whistle2:s

finnaly got through after an hour. at approx 12:05, i got the sports bundle with 2 day shipping!!!!!!

well i picked up two. Hopefully one to sell and make back a lot on my system that I want to keep. The total was 1100.!!!!!

Since the invoices state different items, I will definately be swapping everything around. I don't want madden 06.

But double points, = $2200.00 = 14 GC = $70.00 in GC (not too shabby)

Does anyone actually think these will ship like their stated dates? I just hope they don't push these back into Dec or Jan

Got it in my cart but now it's sold out. -_-

Oh well, I was at a Best Buy on launch day for Xbox and there were plenty of systems. Hopefully it will be that way again.

I got one after I tried one last time. I got the premium sports and it came out to $630. At least the RZ will cover the tax. Hopefully we'll be able to return some of the stuff like mertondingle said.

Shoot I forgot about this . . . I was teaching anyway.

Just tried a bunch of times and finally got through with a message saying the program had ended.

What a really crappy way to do this . . . it would have been better to have a lottery . . .

"Reward Zone® program members:
We're sorry; the Xbox 360 pre-order offer has ended.

But that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be without an Xbox 360 come launch day. "

Yeah, right.

I love this part:

"This special offer was reserved for Reward Zone program members only. For information on how to become a Reward Zone program member — and to participate in offers like this in the future — visit a Best Buy store near you."

Now that you see how we fuck everything up, don't you want to put down $10 to be fucked over next time???

I just got a backordered email:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item earlier if it becomes available.

Not sure if that makes any sense - guess it's time to call!

I got the b/o email as well. I'm ready to cancel.
I have been reading reports that plenty will be available on launch day and I really don't want an extra controller or Madden.

[quote name='dracula']looks like they have both versions,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat62500050034&type=category

i am not a rewards zone member because I dont like the idea of BB tracking my purchases.
But i might have to keep an eye on this, i just want to get a few xbox 360 to resell on ebay, i would never actually buy a $400 system at launch when the games are all $60, that is just not cheap.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to be a RZ member for that, Drac. I went to BB to get a reprint of a recent receipt for a rebate offer, and that particular software functionality was down, so they instead gave me a list of every transaction that they had me down for. Obviously little items I might have picked up with cash weren't there, but I never pay with cash, and so once they determined "who I was" (for instance, I have a warranty plan on my digital camera) and associated that with, I'm assuming, some credit card numbers: bam. I was impressed to see purchases dating back to 2002.

[quote name='Zimmy']I got the b/o email as well. I'm ready to cancel.
I have been reading reports that plenty will be available on launch day and I really don't want an extra controller or Madden.[/QUOTE]

When the PSP had a similar preorder deal, BB sent emails saying that the preorders were backordered... I think that's just the way their system works. You're free to cancel, but I don't think it's actually backordered like you think it is. Doesn't hurt to wait a bit for them to iron things out.

[quote name='seanw']You don't have to be a RZ member for that, Drac. I went to BB to get a reprint of a recent receipt for a rebate offer, and that particular software functionality was down, so they instead gave me a list of every transaction that they had me down for. Obviously little items I might have picked up with cash weren't there, but I never pay with cash, and so once they determined "who I was" (for instance, I have a warranty plan on my digital camera) and associated that with, I'm assuming, some credit card numbers: bam. I was impressed to see purchases dating back to 2002.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is pretty creepy.

Once I called in to add a purchase to my RZ card (forgot to use it instore). I gave the operator my name and I assume using my phone number, she instantly found the purchase without any other info . . . tracked my credit card.

not backordered....

just recived this email:

"Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Xbox 360 package on BestBuy.com.

During the processing of your order, you will receive a backorder email. Please disregard this email. Your pre-order is processing as normal and will ship on or around the release date of November 22nd.

Your credit card has not been billed for this item and will be charged when the product ships.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Thank you for your loyalty,
The Customer Care Team

You are receiving this e-mail so we can send you this order information. If you have opted out of e-mail marketing communications from Best Buy, we will continue to honor your opt-out request. For more information, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). "

SWEET!!!!!!

My order was originally cancelled. And this was after a week of nothing but problems from BestBuy.com. A guy there called me back up, and replaced the order for just the system for me....since I already ordered the other stuff elsewhere. He even upgraded the shipping, and comped the charges. But, he told me they should ship on the 17th, and it doesn't look like they did. If anyone has any idea when these will ship from BestBuy.com, please post.

[quote name='JamesM4321'] If anyone has any idea when these will ship from BestBuy.com, please post.[/QUOTE]

No idea when the console will ship, but I noticed the games from my bundle shipped today. I'll probably wind up kicking myself for not getting the overnight shipping.

odd, I never got an email that they shipped, had to check online.

--nw

My Madden game shipped today via UPS Next Day (yippie). I called BestBuy customer service to inquire about the console and additional wireless controller....what a lame excuse for customer service...the 12 year-old girl who answered could only repeat one line..."The item you have ordered is backordered...if you would like to cancel your item you can."

Oh well...on Monday I will be the proud owner of Madden. I'm not sure, however, that I will be the proud owner of an Xbox 360 on Tuesday.

Gotta love BB.

[quote name='FloridaBiff']My Madden game shipped today via UPS Next Day (yippie). I called BestBuy customer service to inquire about the console and additional wireless controller....[/QUOTE]Check now -- assuming you're in the same boat I am, the game shipped, the console is 'in process of being fulfilled' (the last step before being shipped), and the controller is, for some inexplicable reason, still backordered.

Shipped! Have a not-yet-working tracking number.

Odd, the second controller / plug 'n play kit are still back ordered.

--nw

bread's done
Back