BestBuy.com Price Drops - 6/2/11

Only PS3 version of LA Noire dropped? Hoping I can still get a price match on it since I bought it at full price a couple weeks ago.

No Bayonetta at either of my stores just as I thought. Ended up ordering it for shipping through snail mail. I did do a trade-in today, so I put that gift card towards it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They do still match the online prices. Any store that doesn't is in breach of their own policy and you should contact corporate ASAP. Read this.[/QUOTE]

A long while back I had one of my local stores refuse to price match online. So I told them I could just walk over to the kiosk, do an in-store pickup and get it for that price. He went and talked to his manager and suddenly they could price match. Ever since then I've never had a problem matching online to in-store pricing.

Argh, why didn't I have more patience? I just bought the MW2: Hardened Edition on Memorial Day for 39.99 from them, and since it's an outlet item, the website says they won't do a PM.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They should have a kiosk that shows the online price, but to be safe print out the website price and the price match policy. I went through hell a few weeks ago to get a $2 adjustment, but I got an additional $30 as an apology from Reward Zone.

Here is my story:

I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter on a computer that I couldn't see well. She said that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price. They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the store the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transfered me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.[/QUOTE]

*facepam* and this shit right here is one of the reasons i hate bestbuy and avoid them unless theres a clearance item. Ive seen similar crap happen and the employees there are dicks

by the way, anyone getting no shipping option for Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Parts 1 and 2? its only giving me store pickup for some reason (with my store not having it)

[quote name='Kenshindono']*facepam* and this shit right here is one of the reasons i hate bestbuy and avoid them unless theres a clearance item. Ive seen similar crap happen and the employees there are dicks

by the way, anyone getting no shipping option for Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Parts 1 and 2? its only giving me store pickup for some reason (with my store not having it)[/QUOTE]

Yes I got that as well. Sucks since I wanted it, so ended up paying ~$12 for shipping everything! Hate wasting a rewardzone certificate to cover the shipping but oh well.

[quote name='GreenSpark']Yes I got that as well. Sucks since I wanted it, so ended up paying ~$12 for shipping everything! Hate wasting a rewardzone certificate to cover the shipping but oh well.[/QUOTE]

i meant no shipping option PERIOD... i.e. i could not chose to pay shipping and get it, it ONLY let me do store pickup (and no stores near me had that)

Ive never had that happen before, i found it very strange. I coudn't buy it =(

[quote name='Kenshindono']i meant no shipping option PERIOD... i.e. i could not chose to pay shipping and get it, it ONLY let me do store pickup (and no stores near me had that)

Ive never had that happen before, i found it very strange. I coudn't buy it =([/QUOTE]

Yeah I misunderstood. That's strange, because if it's in stock at any capacity, it should allow for you to make a purchase somehow. I'd say call customer service and see if they can help.

[quote name='GreenSpark']Yeah I misunderstood. That's strange, because if it's in stock at any capacity, it should allow for you to make a purchase somehow. I'd say call customer service and see if they can help.[/QUOTE]

heres the info on the page as i see it:
Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Parts 1 and 2 - Xbox 360

Publisher: WB Games | SKU: 9405985
Release Date: 7/21/2009
ESRB Rating: M=Mature Customer Reviews:
ratings_star_4_3.gif
4.3 Read reviews (3)

Shipping: Not available

Store Pickup: Check Stores

--------------

The shipping: not avalible line is where i guess the problem lays. Is it that way for everyone else or were some of you able to order it? It sounds like green spark maybe was able to?

[quote name='Kenshindono']how can you do a store lookup for hardened edition? i must be blind im not seeing a store locator option for it on the website[/QUOTE]

are you looking for a PS3 version? I saw one at my local BB just a few days ago.

[quote name='possum1284']dead rising 2 with tax ans shipping (in store pickup unavailable) is the same price as amazon[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm waiting for a $20 price on that game. I'm shocked that it's still in the $40 range.

I'm guessing you aren't a RZ member though because shipping is free for RZ.

[quote name='possum1284']dead rising 2 with tax ans shipping (in store pickup unavailable) is the same price as amazon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, I'm waiting for a $20 price on that game. I'm shocked that it's still in the $40 range.

I'm guessing you aren't a RZ member though because shipping is free for RZ.[/QUOTE]

You can get the reg. dead rising 2 for $20 & the zombrex ed. $17.50 used in store with the 1/2 off used game coupons from the @gamer mag.

[quote name='Kenshindono']heres the info on the page as i see it:
Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Parts 1 and 2 - Xbox 360

Publisher: WB Games | SKU: 9405985
Release Date: 7/21/2009
ESRB Rating: M=Mature Customer Reviews:
ratings_star_4_3.gif
4.3 Read reviews (3)

Shipping: Not available

Store Pickup: Check Stores

--------------

The shipping: not avalible line is where i guess the problem lays. Is it that way for everyone else or were some of you able to order it? It sounds like green spark maybe was able to?[/QUOTE]

You just made me check my order status again to make sure I didn't do a ship to store on this one game accidentally, lol. But alas it shows the game is shipping along with the rest of my order so perhaps I got it before online stock got too low? Here is what order says:

WB Games-Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Parts 1 and 2-Xbox 360 SKU: 9405985

$6.99

$6.99

$2.99

$0.49

-$0.97

$9.50*Status: 1 item(s) shipped via STANDARD on 06/03/11 via XMEX

The $2.99 was the shipping cost also. Just for kicks, I put it in the cart now to try and order it again and it only gives me the option for store pickup, but oddly it says "ship to store" and gives a whole list of stores to ship it to! That seems weird I can ship it to a store but not my address?? Begs the question where are they shipping it from that I can't pick it up directly in-store or ship to my address, BUT still have it sent to a store?

Since you can't seem to get that option, I would say call customer service and tell them you have money to spend but can't get what you desire...sure they would be glad to help get them chips from ya:)

[quote name='Enuf']You can get the reg. dead rising 2 for $20 & the zombrex ed. $17.50 used in store with the 1/2 off used game coupons from the @gamer mag.[/QUOTE]

Assuming my store has it. I don't remember seeing either in my store.

I was actually considering ordering Live 10 because 2k always seems way too difficult for me to get into and I've heard Live 10 is a fun pick up and play game. But it's unavailable online and not available for Store Pickup for any stores near me.

bread's done
Back