BestBuy.com Unadvertised Deals (Orange Box is available for $19.99)

espionage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Orange Box looks to be a universal drop to $19.99, but if you're having trouble finding it new BestBuy.com seems to have it. Facebreaker also may be in the middle of a universal drop to $49.99, as Gamestop has the retail for $49.99 but used for $26.99. The other games seem to be reduced prices specific to the Best Buy website though.

Xbox 360
Operation Darkness $19.99
The Orange Box $19.99
Too Human $39.99
Facebreaker $29.99

PS3
Conan $9.99
The Orange Box $19.99
Facebreaker $29.99

Nintendo DS
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command $9.99
Star Fox Command $13.99

Universal price drop on Orange Box means that its gonna get even cheaper used. I'm hoping for a 20% off used Xbox 360 games coupon from Gamestop this week.. 25% off would be even better :)

[quote name='Jedi1979']also just noticed Rock Revolution is $30 and you get a $15 gift card...[/quote]

Sounds tempting until you read the reviews. Not even master tracks. Is there anything good to say on this that I'm not seeing in metacritic? Any redeeming value? Because I'm a sucker for a sub $20 rhythm game, especially since I'm pretty sure the instruments I have work with it.

[quote name='turls']Sounds tempting until you read the reviews. Not even master tracks. Is there anything good to say on this that I'm not seeing in metacritic? Any redeeming value? Because I'm a sucker for a sub $20 rhythm game, especially since I'm pretty sure the instruments I have work with it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard one good thing about this game, I don't actually know anybody that bought it tho

[quote name='Organ Donor']Universal price drop on Orange Box means that its gonna get even cheaper used. I'm hoping for a 20% off used Xbox 360 games coupon from Gamestop this week.. 25% off would be even better :)[/quote]

1. It is already $17.99 used at GS.
2. There is a 20% used games cellphone ("cellfire") coupon that expires today (they may extend it, as they have in the past).
3. If you don't need the game right now, GS will most likely have a B2G1 Thanksgiving weekend, which would make it even cheaper than the coupon, if there are 2 other $17.99 used items that you want, and you don't mind the crowds/don't have to be somewhere else. It is only about $1.60 difference before tax, though, so if you really can't wait, use the cellfire coupon.

[quote name='KNIVES']nice! operation darkness..thx for the heads up[/quote]

just noticed that Operation Darkness is also going for $20 on Amazon...

EDIT: And Spectral Force 3 as well

[quote name='mtxbass1']Conan worth $9.99?[/quote]
i'd say so. it's by no means a good game, but it's not horrible either. it's got a lot of blood and boobs, so if you think that's worth a tenner, then go for it

How was the PS3 version of Conan? Did it compare well with the 360 version, or was it a turd like many were that came out during that period of time?

[quote name='charlescheese']How was the PS3 version of Conan? Did it compare well with the 360 version, or was it a turd like many were that came out during that period of time?[/quote]
I would think a simplistic game like that would be the same.

Hmm, I might get Rock Revolution for $30 plus giftcard. :oops:

[quote name='dallow']What are the gift card details by the way?
Is that advertised?[/quote]

From speedy's weekly ad thread:

Free $15 Gift Card Instant With Purchase Of ANY of the 8 Games Listed:

Games available on other platforms and are listed

Saints Row 2 >>>> 360 >>>> $59.99

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood >>>> NDS >>>> $34.99

Sid Meier Civilization: Revolution >>>> NDS >>>> $29.99

Sid Meier Civilization: Revolution >>>> PS3 / 360 >>>> $59.99

PURE >>>> PS3 / 360 >>>> $59.99

NBA Live ’09 >>>> PS3 / 360 >>>> $59.99

Fracture >>>> PS3 / 360 >>>> $59.99

Rock Revolution >>>> PS3 / 360 >>>> $49.99

Ninja Gaiden II >>>> 360 >>>> $39.99

-----------

Rock Revolution is now $29.99 instead of $49.99, of course.

I did the giftcard deal to get 2 copies of Civ Revolution DS, for me and the Mrs. That's the best of them in my opinion.

[quote name='rogue_one']Stupid BB won't let me apply my rewardzone $20 GC since Orange box is only $19.99! Argh!!
Anyone know of any good fillers?[/quote]
Pack of gum?
Or is this online?

[quote name='rogue_one']Stupid BB won't let me apply my rewardzone $20 GC since Orange box is only $19.99! Argh!!
Anyone know of any good fillers?[/QUOTE]

Gift Cards with free shipping?

[quote name='Flea']I picked up Rock Revolution. $15 isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

It's not, it's $30 plus a $15 gift card. The 15 doesn't come off automatically.

[quote name='GamerChris']It's not, it's $30 plus a $15 gift card. The 15 doesn't come off automatically.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am aware.

Anyone know of any good fillers?[/quote]

I don't know about online, but in-store, I thought their policy was that you could use it on something cheaper, you'd just lose the difference. If you do mean in-store, and they won't let you do that, you could look for a penny guide, or try to get a manager to price-adjust the game up a penny.

Anyone know of any good fillers?[/QUOTE]

This is online. System won't let me apply it. I would not mind losing a penny.

[quote name='rogue_one']This is online. System won't let me apply it. I would not mind losing a penny.[/quote]

Is there not a BB close enough to make it worth buying it in-store (spending gas money) vs. online (shipping cost)? If not, you could always try to order it over the phone. How many Indian dialects do you speak? (Politically incorrect, I know)

[quote name='guessed']I don't know about online, but in-store, I thought their policy was that you could use it on something cheaper, you'd just lose the difference. If you do mean in-store, and they won't let you do that, you could look for a penny guide, or try to get a manager to price-adjust the game up a penny.[/QUOTE]

I've had to buy "fillers" for situations like this, they've never allowed me to lose money. Although I've only been in this position a couple of times and it was a while back.

[quote name='Justin42']I've had to buy "fillers" for situations like this, they've never allowed me to lose money. Although I've only been in this position a couple of times and it was a while back.[/quote]

They literally made me buy a Coke once because of their policy.

Back on topic, thanks a lot, OP. I used $15 in Reward Zone coupons to get it for $5 and some change.

[quote name='langdon_alger']yeaah! orange box ps3 here i come![/quote]

Just don't plan on playing TF2 on the PS3...unless you like running around by yourself (literally). OB is great, but no one is (at was since I flipped mine a few weeks back) playing TF2 on it or the 360 (a couple there, but mostly a black hole). Just trying to give you fair warning. Everything else is great and easily worth the $$.

Good catch OP. I went to my local target only to find them sold out of OB for 19.99. Now my copy should be there for pick-up after work and I start contributing to my 150 threshold for the new gamer's club.

Thanks for the post guys. I have been waiting to get The Orange Box for the 360 for awhile and knew it was going to drop to 20 bucks sooner or later.

I went ahead and bit on Rock Revolution for the $30 plus $15 GC as well. I figured I would have picked it up if I found it knew for $15 and that is practically what it is here since I know I will be buying some other stuff there in the next few weeks.

I kinda just want to see if RR is really as bad as everyone says it is. :)

Hmm.. that price on Conan was perfect, but not available around here. A very unpolished GoW clone but not a bad timekiller.

Thanks, OP! I jumped on the Orange Box deal for an in-store pick-up at lunch for the 360. I would've picked up Conan if I hadn't jumped on it when it dropped to $20 at CC. My wallet has taken a beating after some CC clearances sales this month, the TRU B2G1F sale last month, and some recent drops like Orange Box, but I've got a nice, fat backlog to keep me busy for a long time.

Thanks OP... I got it today for 19.99 minus $5 off froma reward zone certificate, came out to $16 and change.....

And to think that I was going to go to the CC black Friday for this since it was going to be 19.99...

I also want to get Bioshock and Mass effect for 19 bucks.. which i believe CC has bioshock for that price for black friday but i dont want to wake up and get trample by the masses.. i will wait and be on the lookout...

[quote name='serge2k']Thanks OP... I got it today for 19.99 minus $5 off froma reward zone certificate, came out to $16 and change.....

And to think that I was going to go to the CC black Friday for this since it was going to be 19.99...

I also want to get Bioshock and Mass effect for 19 bucks.. which i believe CC has bioshock for that price for black friday but i dont want to wake up and get trample by the masses.. i will wait and be on the lookout...[/QUOTE]

Hey Serge, where did you see the BF CC ad for Mass Effect for $19? I didn't see it in the BF thread, but if Mass Effect is that price next Friday, I'm all over it.

Bestbuy should give you a price adjustment correct? I purchased operation darkness on 10/21 for $29.99 and seeing this is not advertised in an ad and it has not been 30 days they should give it to me right?

Im just curious about it mainly because of the link it says "Outlet Item" but is still availible at the store I got it from...

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but The Orange Box (360) is even listed on walmarts site for $19.82 so it looks like a universal drop for sure and some of these stores are using that as Black Friday Bait.

BTW Bestbuy.com has Blue Dragon listed at $17.99 and people may still have a few stores around them that have them in stock.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Sorry for the double post but The Orange Box (360) is even listed on walmarts site for $19.82 so it looks like a universal drop for sure and some of these stores are using that as Black Friday Bait.

BTW Bestbuy.com has Blue Dragon listed at $17.99 and people may still have a few stores around them that have them in stock.[/quote]

I hope that is true. I'd like to pick up Bioshock at 20 at my leisure as well. Is is just me, or are they getting better about dropping game prices faster and more this generation? I got into this generation late because of cashflow issues (student) and am happy to see a lot of good 20/30 dollar games.

Bought Orange Box today. Thanks OP.

Just got my XBOX and based on the reviews of this game both here and other places this seems like a steal.

bread's done
Back