BestBuy DJ Hero bundle and turn table free $39.99 (DEAL NOT "DEAD' IN-STORE ONLY)

imjpwutup

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So when Toys R Us' was having the sale for $19.99 i tried to price match and get the table free. But they gave me the choice of paying 19.99 for the bundle or $40 for bundle and the extra table.

Now for anyone who wants to get the bundle and turntable free for $39.99 at best buy you're gonna have to do a work-around

1) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...cmcat214200050014&type=category&ref=39&loc=01 Print This out to show as proof of advertisement

2) print out the ENTIRE link as well (this is crucial to show its really from their site. Partial link won't cut it so just open up notepad or w/e)

3) explain to the associate/supervisor/manager it's from their website (they should honor it cause it is a corporate link and it's still on the site but just hidden cause of the new $25 gift card deal)

The reason why you wanna bring that link is because you can show them it along with the print of the deal and explain that you got it from their site. Plus when they go to double check the website or the system they'll just find the $25 gift card deal only. So they wont find it themselves unless you show it to them directly.

Customer service told me the store is suppose to honor it if it's from the best buy site (plus no mention of expiration means they cant say it's over)

Sorry for the repost but I figured more would see this if a new post was made. And sorry for the lengthy post, it's not as confusing as it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I dont know if it's possible but you just may be able to price match at a competitor if BB is sold out but since there is no price in the ad for how much dj hero is, you may wanna bring a print out of the item itself.

This is just speculation and a truly YMMV

i recently placed a order using a rz certificate, if i cancel that order, can i use that exact same coupon?
edit: i just tried to do the order online, and no discount occured. Im picking up a dj hero i ordered tomorrow. I am gonna try what the op said and hope i get a free table.

no you cant do this online. I tried talking it over with a CS rep over the phone but she couldnt find it and that link is much too long to dictate. This is a In-store deal only cause you'll have to print it and show it to them. seeing how its a loop-hold, its guaranteed if they got it in stock.

like i said you can try to do a PM at another store but you'll have to be savvy

[quote name='sittinghawk3']i recently placed a order using a rz certificate, if i cancel that order, can i use that exact same coupon?
edit: i just tried to do the order online, and no discount occured. Im picking up a dj hero i ordered tomorrow. I am gonna try what the op said and hope i get a free table.[/QUOTE]

I honesetly dont know if you can do it with in-store pick up but i dont see why not. They'd have to probably renew the transaction in order to get it on the receipt you're getting an extra turn table.

Though keep in mind, by doing this odds are not in your favor if you're trying to also get that $25 coupon. You can try though just be stern and savvy.

If anybody does actually get this deal through this method, can they post exactly what they did and in which state.

[quote name='zpoor17']If anybody does actually get this deal through this method, can they post exactly what they did and in which state.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how I'm the OP I did it in NYC. ( well with a friend that is since i got the 19.99 pricematch for TRU)

What I did was ask them first to check the system if they had either ps3 or xbox 360 dj hero bundle (wasnt in the video game aisle). Then I asked if I could use this deal which then he called a manager. Following they spent sometime on the kiosk trying to find it. But of course all they saw was the $25 gift card deal.

So i let them do their search and i eventually walked up to the supervisor and told him "I have the full link printed where I got it from just in case you guys didnt believe it was real or couldn't find it *jokingly*" So he started typing it in and after a few minutes later he told the manager it is a legit corporate link and it is from the best buy website.

Then I just confirmed with the guy who was cool about it and he said just go to the register and they had manager do an override with his password and what not. And presto changeo, One free Turntable

Just print out that ad, the entire link, and you'll be golden. Tell them you got it from their site, spoke to main customer service and said it would be honor (lie if you must, we all hate being on hold), and thats it.

Worst comes to worst, if you play it cool and smart you might be able to pricematch it at a local competitor. Who knows

Was able to pull this off yesterday. Took me awhile to find a store with the 360 versions of the game and controller. Pretty easy if you don't mind standing around awhile watching them freak out. Store closest to me (also over the line and tax free) had plenty of Wii versions. If I were smarter, I would have just gotten that one and be future proofed for reasons some of you guess at, but I prefer most things on the 360, and it was a little bit of a drive that allowed me to get some other errands done that I had been putting off. Thanks for the link OP.

Also, I have a question.
Can I walk in with a receipt of purchase from today (going tomorrow), and all required info? Will they then hand me it? Or am I screwed since I already bought the item, apparently I can't return opened video games (I'll have to lie about defective turntables and try for a refund then and rebuy?).

[quote name='n4ru']Also, I have a question.
Can I walk in with a receipt of purchase from today (going tomorrow), and all required info? Will they then hand me it? Or am I screwed since I already bought the item, apparently I can't return opened video games (I'll have to lie about defective turntables and try for a refund then and rebuy?).[/QUOTE]

I think it really depends on the person helping you at Customer Service. If you explain that you were not aware of the free item deal, they may be able to re-ring it up and include it. YMMV.

not trying to be obvious... but why didn't you just buy two copies of the game bundle at @ $19.99 each?

Would get two turn tables (and an extra copy of the game to trade/sell) for a penny cheaper.

and edit, yes I know this a different deal of sorts as we're trying to extend the free turn table deal. Was just curious why the OP didn't op for two copies of the bundle at $20 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='murphyspub']Was able to pull this off yesterday. Took me awhile to find a store with the 360 versions of the game and controller. Pretty easy if you don't mind standing around awhile watching them freak out. Store closest to me (also over the line and tax free) had plenty of Wii versions. If I were smarter, I would have just gotten that one and be future proofed for reasons some of you guess at, but I prefer most things on the 360, and it was a little bit of a drive that allowed me to get some other errands done that I had been putting off. Thanks for the link OP.[/QUOTE]

Does that "tax free" mean DE? I'm in Salisbury, MD and having troubling finding the 360 version anywhere but where it's still at least $70.

For $40 I wouldn't mind picking it up.

bread's done
Back