Bestbuy DVD Case PC games $10

KingDox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I did a search and didn't see a thread about these, but I was at BB today and saw an end cap of 20 or so PC games all marked for 10 bucks in regular style dvd cases that were specially packaged for Bestbuy.

It looks like the games are linked to BB game download service.

http://games.bestbuy.com/store/bbygames/DisplayHomePage

Each game mentioned the web page and how if you buy the game you get a free download that claimed to be worth up to 19.99.

Some of the more note worthy games were Age of Mythology, Supreme Commander, the Age of empires 1&2 collection, Rise of nations. Along with a bunch of casual games like Jewel quest and Luxor.

I didn't think too much of the deal when I saw it but now that I've seen BB download page they have some decent games in the 20 buck range. If the free game is any game valued at 20 bucks, then two decent games for 10 bucks seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Has anyone else seen these in the stores? I hate to post a deal with out a link, but I thought it was worthy enough to let people know these things exist. If I make it to Bestbuy again on Sunday, I'll try to get more details and maybe pick one up to see how the deal really works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingDox']I did a search and didn't see a thread about these, but I was at BB today and saw an end cap of 20 or so PC games all marked for 10 bucks in regular style dvd cases that were specially packaged for Bestbuy.

It looks like the games are linked to BB game download service.

http://games.bestbuy.com/store/bbygames/DisplayHomePage

Each game mentioned the web page and how if you buy the game you get a free download that claimed to be worth up to 19.99.

Some of the more note worthy games were Age of Mythology, Supreme Commander, the Age of empires 1&2 collection, Rise of nations. Along with a bunch of casual games like Jewel quest and Luxor.

I didn't think too much of the deal when I saw it but now that I've seen BB download page they have some decent games in the 20 buck range. If the free game is any game valued at 20 bucks, then two decent games for 10 bucks seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Has anyone else seen these in the stores? I hate to post a deal with out a link, but I thought it was worthy enough to let people know these things exist. If I make it to Bestbuy again on Sunday, I'll try to get more details and maybe pick one up to see how the deal really works.[/QUOTE]

I'll go to Best Buy today and check it out. I've never noticed this display at the Best Buy I shop at. Maybe it's YMMV?

[quote name='mogamer']I'll go to Best Buy today and check it out. I've never noticed this display at the Best Buy I shop at. Maybe it's YMMV?[/QUOTE]

I also saw this at the Tempe Market Place BB but didn't think much of it. I wonder how many times they'll let you re-download the games.

Yea I was there the other day and saw a bunch of these. I was gonna pick up AoM but a few other games caught my eye lol.

Best Buy no longer has the deal with the company that supplied the Jewel Case games. They are now dealing with a new company so you will now only see the DVD games as the value software that they always have.

Might grab Age of Mythologies, Age of Empires 1&2 and Rise of Nations if I can find them for 10 bucks each.

AoE 2, AoM and RoN are three of my all time favorite games. Can't wait to start playing them again. Thanks OP.

[quote name='i3oone']Best Buy no longer has the deal with the company that supplied the Jewel Case games. They are now dealing with a new company so you will now only see the DVD games as the value software that they always have.[/QUOTE]

Really? That makes sense because the other day I was at Best Buy and they had a couple jewel case games on sale for one cent -- one of them was Painkiller.

Well I stopped at my local Best Buy on the way home from work and found nothing. No DVD-case value software and all of the jewel-case value software was gone too! :cry:

Unfortuantly it is not as good a deal as it would seem. To redeem the code inside you go to http://bogo.bestbuygames.com and choose from a list of 16 cheesy flash games that really couldnt be worth more than $5 a piece. I bought Supreme Commander for the $10 planning on getting Opposing Forces with the code but alas they are unrelated digital download services operated by Best Buy.

That is a pretty bad list of games to pick from. I did the same thing as well. Had some friends pick me up a copy while they were out of Supreme Commander, and was hoping for a good bonus game to go with it. Lame if that's the list that you get. Feel somewhat cheated now. :(

Damn, that blows. I still have hope that they update the games they stock with other good titles. Ten bucks for SupCom gives me hope they offer other good games for cheap.

[quote name='Stoner2002']Unfortuantly it is not as good a deal as it would seem. To redeem the code inside you go to http://bogo.bestbuygames.com and choose from a list of 16 cheesy flash games that really couldnt be worth more than $5 a piece. I bought Supreme Commander for the $10 planning on getting Opposing Forces with the code but alas they are unrelated digital download services operated by Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Wow that really sucks! I went to Best Buy today and they had Divine Divinity as one of these titles but now I may not go back and pick it up...

Divine Divinity is one of the best Diablo-style games out there. I hesitate to compare it to Diablo, though, since it's got a lot more emphasis on quests and dialogue. I never quite beat it because I bought it early on, and it had a game-destroying bug that erased my entire world map, making the game unplayable. But all that's been addressed, so as long as graphics aren't high on your priority, you'll probably be floored by how good the game really is. Easy recommendation.

bread's done
Back