bestbuy Langrisser Re Incantation Tensei 3DS $19.99 (GCU $15.99)

One of the worst games I have ever had the displeasure of wasting time downloading and playing.  The dollar cost is irrelevant as any amount of time spent with this game "costs" more than anyone should be willing to spend.  This thing defies the laws of physics.  Playing it takes more from the world than is returned.  Avoid at the peril of the slow destruction of the known universe.

All that being said, thanks for the deal post, OP. 

Wow! Been $12 or less with free shipping & free taxes off & on at amazon.  Why pay $16 plus taxes & shipping!  It'll go below $7 soon ;)  One of the worst of the worst game ever made on 3DS in 2016. 

It's really not that bad. You just have to set your expectations to that of a 16-bit game, because that's pretty much what it is. The first game was released on Sega Genesis way back, none of the other games made it out of Japan, and now we have the new one 25 years later.

If you buy it from Amazon, it looks like you still get the soundtrack and artbook, so $12 for a decent strategy-RPG that's not even three months old is a pretty good deal. If you get it and decide you don't like it, trade it into Gamestop for what you paid - you got a free rental and can keep the extras. It's also one of the few JRPGs where the choices you make can alter the story dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's not a pile of crap unless you consider games from 25 years ago crap, which admittedly many people would.
By your logic all Mario and Zelda games should have terrible reviews. "Game is really really good, but I had to give it a terrible review because, you know, sh*t's 25 years old. Homey don't play that."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really not that bad. You just have to set your expectations to that of a 16-bit game, because that's pretty much what it is. The first game was released on Sega Genesis way back, none of the other games made it out of Japan, and now we have the new one 25 years later.
well shit man, MGSV is pretty much a 30 year old game by that logic

(also plenty of Growlanser games did come out here)

If you buy it from Amazon, it looks like you still get the soundtrack and artbook, so $12 for a decent strategy-RPG that's not even three months old is a pretty good deal. If you get it and decide you don't like it, trade it into Gamestop for what you paid - you got a free rental and can keep the extras. It's also one of the few JRPGs where the choices you make can alter the story dramatically.
Trade in value is $11 with pro. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

By your logic all Mario and Zelda games should have terrible reviews. "Game is really really good, but I had to give it a terrible review because, you know, sh*t's 25 years old. Homey don't play that."
well shit man, MGSV is pretty much a 30 year old game by that logic

(also plenty of Growlanser games did come out here)
When I say it plays like a game from 25 years ago, I mean it literally plays like the first Langrisser from 1991. Mario and Zelda and Metal Gear are not like that at all. Growlanser also has nothing to do with Langrisser other than being from the same company. Would you say Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are related?

It's like Tomb Raider. The first game came out in 1996, the fifth game in 2000. They were almost identical in gameplay but reviews got worse with each installment despite the games being largely the same. Dragon Quest 1-6 were also extremely similar. So none of those games were received well here, but they endured by the strength of their franchises. Langrisser, in addition to being even more niche than DQ, has the distinct disadvantage of a decades-long employment gap.

Wow! Been $12 or less with free shipping & free taxes off & on at amazon. Why pay $16 plus taxes & shipping! It'll go below $7 soon ;) One of the worst of the worst game ever made on 3DS in 2016.
Yeah, I got a little art book too with my Amazon copy. Probably pulled the trigger too fast since it's probably dropping even further....

Wow, that's really good. And they have it on sale for $20, $16 after GCU. I might have to buy another copy on Amazon, trade in the game, and keep the extras.

If you don't think you'll like the game, buy it at BB, play it in the parking lot for 15 minutes, and trade it in. Catch some Pokemon while you're there as I understand it's all the rage these days.

bread's done
Back