BestBuy sending out $10 coupons for store closings in your area YMMV

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Just received an email saying a store is closing near me. They sent me a $10 coupon off my next visit. The codes are unique and one-time use, no minimum amount required.

My guess is if you're close to a store that is closing near you that's on the official list, they'll probably send you an email as well.

Official List of stores that are closing:
http://pr.bby.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=244152&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1683036&highlight=

Codes expire on June 2nd, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wario64']Got an email about a best buy $10 gift card. Turned out to be an offer for $10 GC with Max Payne 3 preorder. Damn you BB.[/QUOTE]
Lol that happened to me too, except mine's for a $20 GC.. WTF? :whistle2:k

Gamer club unlocked got 20 for MP3 and regular RZ members got 10. At least that is how it was when i preorded MP3

The only Best Buy in NY closing just so happens to be in East Harlem.... if a group of CAG's wanna link up and go on a designated date i'd think that'd be great

[quote name='blinknot4']Got an email from BB today... for some fukcing Dyson vacuums... :/[/QUOTE]

The subject line should have read: "suck it!"

I stopped by one of the Best Buy's that are closing in MN and they didn't know anything about this offer in-store. Also didn't get an email today either...

No email from the Boston location. Some games are still 20% off but it almost seems random. Decent selection still available though.

i wish my Ocala Best Buy would close down, they got the worst customer service... and the most uneducated staff.... who don't even know their own store policies

Closing stores should be giving out $10 off $50 coupons as well, but they are only valid from 5/13 to 6/2. My local store had stacks of them at the front counter.

Can someone confirm: Are you definitely able to use the $10 credit in a store tha will be closing?
The wording implies you can't, but it's not super specific. Thanks.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Can someone confirm: Are you definitely able to use the $10 credit in a store tha will be closing?
The wording implies you can't, but it's not super specific. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The $10 email, yes you can use it in that store.

The $10 off $50 you can only use at other stores since the coupons are only good AFTER the stores close.

Any idea what the markdown schedule is?

I saw some 1st party Nintendo games, like Smash Bros Wii and a Kirby game, marked down $10--I would have gotten Smash, but I already used my $10 coupon on Rhythm Heaven Fever. I asked the cashier how frequently markdowns were happening, but they answered "daily," which is sort of a BS line, but I didn't want to push the issue because store closings always suck for the people working there.

[quote name='rodieremix']I got the e-mail but I accidentally deleted it (I rule). Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to get it back?[/QUOTE]
Did you check your trash folder? If it's not there, you're SOL.

I saw some Vita memory cards on sale at 30% off at a closing BBY. Are any of these good deals?

4GB - $13.99
8GB - $20.99
16GB - $41.99
32GB - $69.99

I hesitated on getting any because (1) I don't have a Vita yet and (2) I have this feeling (though "hope" might be a more appropriate word) that the pricing of these cards will change (read: lower) later this year.

Just got back from bestbuy and they couldn't scan my code so a manager discounted the 10 for me. 9.99 to finish Gta 4 yes sir!

[quote name='Vigilante']I saw some Vita memory cards on sale at 30% off at a closing BBY. Are any of these good deals?

4GB - $13.99
8GB - $20.99
16GB - $41.99
32GB - $69.99

I hesitated on getting any because (1) I don't have a Vita yet and (2) I have this feeling (though "hope" might be a more appropriate word) that the pricing of these cards will change (read: lower) later this year.[/QUOTE]

Decent price on the 32GB. I've never seen it lower than that besides the $39.99 price mistake during launch.

Curious, which Kirby game? If it's Epic Yarn, I've already got it but $10 for Return to Dreamland is too good to pass up.

[quote name='donssword']Any idea what the markdown schedule is?

I saw some 1st party Nintendo games, like Smash Bros Wii and a Kirby game, marked down $10--I would have gotten Smash, but I already used my $10 coupon on Rhythm Heaven Fever. I asked the cashier how frequently markdowns were happening, but they answered "daily," which is sort of a BS line, but I didn't want to push the issue because store closings always suck for the people working there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stavros45']Curious, which Kirby game? If it's Epic Yarn, I've already got it but $10 for Return to Dreamland is too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure he meant that they were marked down $10 from their MSRP, so instead of $49.99, they're $39.99. :\

bread's done
Back