Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

[quote name='z3razerviper']The 360 versions are wired or wireless?[/quote]

The 360 version is wired, the PS3 is wireless via a USB dongle.

If anyone has actually tried these are the D pads on them much
better them the regular 360 controller? I've been wanting to get
non microsoft controller with a better D pad for fighting games
for a while but I don't know what to get.

[quote name='Walt Jay']I think he's posting this because he got the pads ~13 days earlier, not that they are cheap.[/quote]

And most likely this is extreme YMMV so what is the point of this thread?

[quote name='oasisboy']And most likely this is extreme YMMV so what is the point of this thread?[/QUOTE]

....to inform people to check their Best Buy stores if they want the pads now.

[quote name='oasisboy']And most likely this is extreme YMMV so what is the point of this thread?[/quote]

C'mon... he's letting people know that some Best Buys may be stocking the pads. For me, this is worth a look. I do not really want to spend $150 on one of the tournament sticks. But, having a better d-pad for some of the XBLA games would be nice.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']....to inform people to check their Best Buy stores if they want the pads now.[/quote]

and what are you going to do with the pad if the game is not out yet? :lol:

Since when a street date being broken is a deal?

Agreed. For some of us, it's worth picking up at BB to avoid the shipping hassle altogether so I'll probably drop by my local BB later and take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']If anyone has actually tried these are the D pads on them much
better them the regular 360 controller? I've been wanting to get
non microsoft controller with a better D pad for fighting games
for a while but I don't know what to get.[/QUOTE]

From IGN:

Mad Catz didn't just strip the thumbsticks and leave a generic D-pad in their stead; they went out of their way to create a multipurpose D-pad solution. The FightPad's D-pad is much like the floating D-pad of the first-party Xbox 360 controller; however, it is vastly superior to it in a number of ways. For one, the FightPad D-pad is much larger than the Xbox 360's, which, after long, strenuous gaming sessions, is crucial for keeping pain and discomfort to a minimum. The other major improvement the FightPad makes to the floating D-pad design is in its fluidity.

While the Xbox 360's floating 8-way D-pad is notably rigid, the FightPad's directional movement is very smooth and loose. Right about now you must be thinking: "If the D-pad is loose, it must be terribly unresponsive during gameplay." Fortunately, there is nothing farther from the truth. The D-pad translates exceptional to in-game commands and performs much like a full-sized fight stick.

Also like many fight sticks, the FightPad's buttons are arranged in two rows of three.

Overall, the buttons perform well, however, they are a little bit looser than we would have preferred. When the going got tough, we would have liked a little more resistance from the buttons to really let our tactile senses know that we were giving the controller all of our fury.

As far as physical build, the base and face of the FightPad is constructed from high-gloss plastic, while portions of the back and sides feature a softer, texturized material for added grip. The grips come in handy when the competition gets tough and perspiration would otherwise cause your fingers to slip. The upwards face of the controller comes emblazoned with official art for Street Fighter IV, licensed by Capcom. The quality of the art and the imprinting is exceptional, however, the plastic is a bit less than impressive. The controller itself is extremely light, which could be a positive or negative in terms of ergonomic preference, however, it has an adverse affect on the FightPad from a longevity standpoint.

IGN - FULL REVIEW

I'm not sure if the breaking the street date is a deal, but if someone wants the pads now, this info can help them get it.

Also, people want to use this pad to play HD remix and other 2D games on 360 (including Sega's Ultimate Collection next week) since the official d-pad is terrible.

Oasisboy, stop being a retard.

You can use this for HDRemix, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Guilty Gear, KOF 02, KOF Neowave, etc.....

Just because you don't think it's a deal, doesn't mean people can't use this info. Let the mods do their job and move it to where it needs to go.

Has anyone found these in Southeast WI yet? I checked the Best Buy in Brookfield, didn't find any, although I didn't know the SKU number at the time.

What's with the flood of D-Bags that have been trolling these threads complaining about deals? If you don't like it DON'T POST. No need to share your opinion with the rest of us who are interested in the deal.

I assume they may be kept in the back or something. One of the Best Buys I went to didnt have any. $40 is a steep price for a generic controller with a D-pad. I'm sure its mighty fine, but $40 really is way too much.

I'll probably get it though, I still have a gift card for $17 and I could certainly use one for my PC with 2D games.

Got one at Bestbuy in Staten Island, thanks OP.

Just ask someone to check in the back, they had Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li according to a friend of mine.

What's the sku number for the controllers you guys are picking up. Try to specify Character and System it was for.

[quote name='oasisboy']and what are you going to do with the pad if the game is not out yet? :lol:

Since when a street date being broken is a deal?[/quote]

Wasn't it a great deal when people could go get GoW2 and CoD: WaW before street date at 7-11?

Samething. I will be on the look out for these.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I went to my local Best Buys though and had no luck. Well, the first one I asked at the games dept and they gave me an outright "NO" and walked away...even though the douchebag didn't even look. The second one swears that such a thing does not exist, because it doesn't appear on the website, even though checking the employee store inventory shows 4 in stock. :roll:

Anyone have luck finding the PS3 version instead of the 360 version?

[quote name='oasisboy']and what are you going to do with the pad if the game is not out yet? :lol:

Thx op.. but oasis is right. This is retail price. It belongs more in the STREET FIGHTER 360/PS3 thread rather than a video game deal. Its not really a "deal..."

Accessories aren't street dated normally, and its not like the pad can only be used with SFIV...:roll:

You like Portishead and your name is "Oasisboy," your opinion about everything is irrelevant.

I'm so desperate for a decent 360 dpad that I'm willing to pay 40 dollars for one. The dpad mods, while improving the tactile feedback of the dpad, still ends up registering incorrect input all the time

While I don't know that they would be shipped together, I can't help but wonder if those same stores might also have the madcatz pro sticks which are sadly all presold most places. I couldn't commit to $150 for a stick in advance (too much time for buyer's remorse), but if I were to walk into a store and get it a week or more early I'm sure I could convince myself to do it...

Anyone ask yet?

[quote name='vash12881']I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).[/QUOTE]

Getting something before 'street date' may be a better deal to some people than getting $5 off...which is a lot of the pre-order threads have been about lately.

Should we post that Target has Halo Wars for MSRP? No. But this is different.

I picked one up for 360 at the Best Buy in Menomonee Falls, WI. They had all the characters except Akuma, one of each (not sure if more in the back) I picked up the Chun Li one.

It's a good thing MadCatz thought ahead then and gave the pad the amazing ability to work with other games besides SFIV. Even games already released!

A broken street date has always gone in the deal section. Some people don't mind paying full price if they can get something early. And this is 2 weeks early so that's fairly significant.

Saw this at the bestbuy in glendale, ca yesterday. Too bad they didn't have it for the ps3 also. Didn't like the fact that it was wired

bread's done
Back