Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

2 left at the Christiansburg, VA Best Buy after I bought my Blanka one. (Chun Li and Ryu)

Off to play the hell out of some XBLA games.

thanks op. they had 3 out in the san jose bb on blossom hill: ken, blanka, and chun li. but being in the market for a ps3 version, i passed.

the gamestop website this past week marked the fightpad as shipping on 2/10, and this morning it has been updated to usually ships in 24 hours, though a in-store availability search shows none within 100 miles. so i'd make an educated guess that gamestop should have them for sale this week.

Found a Blanka, but I had to pass because he aint down with the Pee Pants.

'Cuz he wears shorts.

Hopefully sweet sweet Ryu/Ken nectar appears up ins soon.

[quote name='Poor2More']can this actually be used in COD:WaW[/quote]

You wouldn't be able to move and aim at the same time, with only the 1 d-pad and no sticks...

Just to let you know amazon had all of them available for preorder and you can pick which one you want. They even have the (supposed) rare akuma

[quote name='PikaPichu']Has anyone tested these on the PC yet? I'm looking forward to getting one myself.[/QUOTE]

I tried this pad out on some MAME and NEO-Rage emulated games last night and it performed like a champ.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I tried this pad out on some MAME and NEO-Rage emulated games last night and it performed like a champ.[/quote]

Which one? 360 or PS3? Or both?

That would be the 360 pad. If the PS3 pad is wireless, not sure how that would work as a PC pad. I know the 360 wireless controller won't work for PC without an adapter you have to buy extra.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']That would be the 360 pad. If the PS3 pad is wireless, not sure how that would work as a PC pad. I know the 360 wireless controller won't work for PC without an adapter you have to buy extra.[/quote]

I believe the PS3 pad is wireless via USB/RF 2.4 Ghz, so PC compatibility is a possibility. Thanks for the clarification!:bouncy:

Over here in Olympia they had Blanka, Chun Li, Ryu, & Ken for the 360...If anyone wants them & wants me to pick them up let me know...

[quote name='Gunz4sale']So what is the sku or where was it posted? I must have completely over looked it.[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP.

Picked up a Ryu pad. the OP rules! Thanks for the heads up.

Are these rechargeable or do they require batteries? If they need batteries, what size? Has anyone found out how long they last on a charge/set of batteries yet?

[quote name='lross']Are these rechargeable or do they require batteries? If they need batteries, what size? Has anyone found out how long they last on a charge/set of batteries yet?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you the 360 version is wired, so no batteries needed on that one.

man - i am really jeaous of you guys getting these at BB - damn you northern virigina!

btw - I heard there is no rumble in these. I forget if SSF2THD even has rumble but I always like to have it.

These are kinda getting some bad impressions over at GAF. I kinda wondering if I should open mine...

Some people just don't like the feel of it apparently. One guy is even trying to sell his in the thread.

I pulled off a standing piledriver with Zangief in SF2HF. They might not be quite as good at the old 2nd gen Saturn pads but they're closer than anything else that has come out.

I was only able to find a Xbox 360 Blanka pad. I didn't purchases it because I want the Chun-lee Pad. I can hold my self off from picking these up until I find the one I want.

My impressions:

Picked up a Ryu pad at Best Buy. Looks like they only had 1 of each. The pad itself is of decent build but the buttons all look really cheap. Especially the guide button. Its a pearl with like a sticker inside it or something. Weight wise I would say its a little lighter than the regular 360 pad with its battery pack removed. No rumble (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I could do without the art but some people like it. USB cord is about 8ft long which is enough unless you have some gigantic TV.

So far it seems comparable to the DS3 when I tried it for HD Remix. Dpad is squishy but registers MUCH better than the stock 360 controller. I had a Saturn back in the day but I don't remember the pad being exceptionally better than anything else I've used (PS, SNES). Take that as you will.

Got a question here. Does anyone know if the PS3 pads will work on PS2 games played on a backwards compatible PS3?

Cause most standard USB pads that can be used on the PS3 will only work with PS3 games, not PS2 ones.

[quote name='kazunori']Got a question here. Does anyone know if the PS3 pads will work on PS2 games played on a backwards compatible PS3?

Cause most standard USB pads that can be used on the PS3 will only work with PS3 games, not PS2 ones.[/QUOTE]

Might want to try e-mailing Mad Catz. I haven't seen or heard about any PS3 pads in the wild (I could be wrong).

PS3 pads don't work with PS2 games right out of the box. Patch is rumored. Does work with PS1 games though.

My initial impressions: people on gaf are complaining, but time and again, gaf is also amazing at looking a gifted horse in the mouth. Just played a bunch of SSF2HDR and Ikaruga...and I finally feel like I can actually play these games without lowering my standards. Seriously, I gave hope with a lot of combos and specials in SF2, but they're fine now.

The pad requires a bit of a harder touch, but once you get used to the way it registers, it's fine. Some people were expecting a religious experience apparently, but I wouldn't take people "impulse selling" it too seriously-- it's the best pad for the system and it works great.

It is light and a bit cheap looking.

[quote name='delt31']yeah I'm still on the fence with this thing - it kills me that it's wired.[/quote]

But doesn't that work better for Fighters? I mean I could be wrong but I thought the response time was a small bit better then a wireless controller so I have no issues with the wire espically since it seems long enough.

I might have to go get one. Or look for one.

I am satisfied with mine. I do think that these may be a little overpriced, especially for a wired one. For 39.99 I think the PS3 wireless price is fine, but perhaps the 360 wired pads should be retailing for 29.99.

I heard it was hard to pull off moves with diagonal directions. I tried playing SF2HD remix with my 360 controller and was having a hard time jumping diagonal. is the dpad good?

Also are the buttons cheap? How do they compare to the Wii Classic Controller? I thought the classic controllers buttons felt a little cheap, and noisy.

College Station, Texas had two for the 360: Ken and Blanka. I picked up Ken's fightpad today and went home to try it out on HD Remix. The fightpad works well. I still don't like that the D-pad uses the same slide design as the normal 360 controller's D-pad, but it is far superior in repsonse. The large size also helps to register the correct location you press. Quarter cirlces and half circles are a lot easiet now, though charging attacks are still not as polished as on an arcade stick.

Overall I like the D-pad on the fightpad better than the D-pad on the 360 controller or its thumbstick. $40 might be a bit steep for the controller considering $20 more can get you a Hori EX2 or double its price and you can get the Madcatz arcade stick.

[quote name='Kreutz']College Station, Texas[/QUOTE]

Oh you son of a bitch. You left ME with the Blanka! I wanted the Ken consarnit!

I was having trouble hitting diagonals at first on HD Remix (not so much doing moves, but jumping left or right) It seems to have gotten better once I "broke in" the pad a bit. The buttons seem OK to me.

Buttons are responsive enough and have just enough resistance for me. They are rather large in comparison to the standard 360 controller....probably twice as big. They are also flat on the surface, as opposed to the slightly convex buttons on the standard 360 controller.

Hmmm now i dunno if i should get the 40 dollar gamepad or maybe the 80 dollar SFIV joystick. Never really played with a joystick before, and id have to set it in my lap as i sit crosslegged, since i dont have anywhere to set it down on.

Employee cost on these was like $25.71 for me at Bestbuy. So they have a little bit of mark-up. Discount is 5% above actual cost of the item. So yeah they're making a fair amount on each of these sold. The SF4 TE sticks are $102.49 on discount. Wish I had ordered more than 1 now but oh well.

[quote name='Hellacious']Employee cost on these was like $25.71 for me at Bestbuy. So they have a little bit of mark-up. Discount is 5% above actual cost of the item. So yeah they're making a fair amount on each of these sold. The SF4 TE sticks are $102.49 on discount. Wish I had ordered more than 1 now but oh well.[/quote]

Nice, I didn't know the profit margin on the pads was that much. Good to know that Mad Catz will be turning a healthy profit on the pads after all.:cool:

[quote name='Knoxximus']Nice, I didn't know the profit margin on the pads was that much. Good to know that Mad Catz will be turning a healthy profit on the pads after all.:cool:[/quote]

Actually, that profit margin is BB's. So it'll be BB that gets that healthy profit on those too.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Actually, that profit margin is BB's. So it'll be BB that gets that healthy profit on those too.[/quote]

Yes of course...I just thought the wholesale would be a lot closer to the retail then it is, which leads me to believe the controllers are cheaper to produce than I initially thought as well.

For anyone that has the PS3 fight pad, is it better than the Saturn pad? I haven't used anything else for fightin' games since and wanted to know how the fight pads measure up.

bread's done
Back