Bestbuy Victoria Day Online Sale May.22-May.24 [Canada]

Maybe you should modify your title to say "Victoria Day;" my knee-jerk reaction was *grumble grumble why is this only in Victoria grumble* :D

[quote name='Derfel']Maybe you should modify your title to say "Victoria Day;" my knee-jerk reaction was *grumble grumble why is this only in Victoria grumble* :D[/QUOTE]
lol that was my intial reaction too

Victoria day for you Canadians, Patriot day for us Quebecers
why do we always need to be different from canadians? :(

$5 off games that are $29.99+ games? That seems pretty crummy. I was hoping to preorder with 15% off Deus Ex 3, but I guess I'll stick to Ocarina 3DS. I also wanted to buy some Microsoft Points, but the 15% savings (for us in Ontario) basically comes to 80 cents for a 1400 MSP card versus buying the regular ones that requires activation with no tax.

I already have Ocarina 3D ordered at $5 off from a couple weeks ago, maybe now I can get it for $5 off plus the 800 reward points they've been offering more recently.

[quote name='Mr.']$5 off games that are $29.99+ games? That seems pretty crummy. I was hoping to preorder with 15% off Deus Ex 3, but I guess I'll stick to Ocarina 3DS. I also wanted to buy some Microsoft Points, but the 15% savings (for us in Ontario) basically comes to 80 cents for a 1400 MSP card versus buying the regular ones that requires activation with no tax.[/QUOTE]

Not to be arguing semantics or to seem like an uber fan-boy, but...Isn't it technically Deus Ex 4?

Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Project Snowblind

.......Okay, so I'm nitpicky..In any case, I'll pay whatever for the new Deus Ex. :D

Can you use those 15% off with things that are on sale?

The DS3 is $39.99 right now, another $15% off on top would be sweet.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Can you use those 15% off with things that are on sale?

The DS3 is $39.99 right now, another $15% off on top would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

You can, but it's unknown if DS3 is part of the sale.

[quote name='janlazer']Not to be arguing semantics or to seem like an uber fan-boy, but...Isn't it technically Deus Ex 4?

Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Project Snowblind

.......Okay, so I'm nitpicky..In any case, I'll pay whatever for the new Deus Ex. :D[/QUOTE]Technically no, since Snowblind has nothing to do with Deus Ex other than almost being made a spinoff to the series during the development which was shortly after cut off entirely and made unrelated to Deus Ex at all. :p

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Can you use those 15% off with things that are on sale?

The DS3 is $39.99 right now, another $15% off on top would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

It does apply, I just bought one for $38.41 total

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I already have Ocarina 3D ordered at $5 off from a couple weeks ago, maybe now I can get it for $5 off plus the 800 reward points they've been offering more recently.[/QUOTE]
Nice, got it!

The pre-order games that normally have $5 off (instead of the 800 RZ points) still have the additional $5 discount with this sale, making it a $10 savings.

This was a great time to FINALLY pick up a second Dualshock 3 controller so I picked one up for $38. Glad I waited so long to pick up a second one. Now I can finally have a back up controller charging.

If anyone pre-ordered the LOTR extended Blu-ray box during the last one of these sales, the base price is now lower and you should cancel and re-(pre-)order. It's at $75.99 - 15% = $64.59.

[quote name='Derfel']If anyone pre-ordered the LOTR extended Blu-ray box during the last one of these sales, the base price is now lower and you should cancel and re-(pre-)order. It's at $75.99 - 15% = $64.59.[/QUOTE]

For those of you who ordered Disgaea premium edition at amazon, it's now cheaper to get it at best buy. 64.99 -> 54.99

Same with record of agarest war zero (I got the limited edition 59.99 -> 49.99).

I also redid the preorders of the 3ds games (kingdom hearts 3d, Zelda ocarina of time 3ds, kid icarcus, professor layton). >_>;; might be stupid to save a few dollars, but I'm doing alot of preorders this year... Also I was doing 1 any so what the heck.

I didn't preorder cathrine here though, right now it puts it at hte same price as amazon, but no mentions of any preorder goodies...

hmmm buy Tactics Ogre for $5 cheaper or wait till i go to the states and buy it ( tho that's a month and days away ) not sure what to do..... hmmmmmm no hurry to get it but $5 is better then $0

Just to throw this out there for anyone who may be interested, people can preorder the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition for $29.99 now, since the 15% off stacks with their other deal as well. That's not too bad of a deal, considering Amazon and other places are listing it at $44.99 right now.

I just checked on some games that I had preordered a while ago, mostly during the 15% off sale, and there were actually some improvements on this sale. I had MGS 3DS for 31.49 before and now I got it for 29.99. I had MGS Rising for $50.99 and now $49.99, and I had a futureshop order for Skyward Sword for $49.99 that I can now switch over to BB for the 49 reward points. I totally missed the whole double $5 thing the first time I browsed this sale, nice.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I just checked on some games that I had preordered a while ago, mostly during the 15% off sale, and there were actually some improvements on this sale. I had MGS 3DS for 31.49 before and now I got it for 29.99. I had MGS Rising for $50.99 and now $49.99, and I had a futureshop order for Skyward Sword for $49.99 that I can now switch over to BB for the 49 reward points. I totally missed the whole double $5 thing the first time I browsed this sale, nice.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the extra five saves me more then the 10% from a while back. Skyward sword I always ordered from bestbuy and the 10% off then gives more then the 5 dollar this time... now i only wish best buy has a better interface to tell these type of things.

I had ordered Skyward during the E3 they announced it at, last year I think? Futureshop had a bunch of the new E3 titles for $10 off at the time. Since then I had found better deals for each one of those E3 games except for Skyward. This Victory Day re-order is still the same price of $49.99 but at least I get the 49 reward points now.

I have a question, is it a better deal to keep my Resistance 3 pre-order at $50.99 with no reward points or re-order for $54.99 with $10 rewardzone? I usually spend all my RZ credit on PSN cards so I'm not throwing it away on crap I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Hmm, decided to just double up and do the $54.99 with 800 points while keeping the $50.99 with no points. Will make the decision on which to cancel later on.

Oh man I wanted to Pre-order Infamous 2 / Twisted Metal, must resist! I ended up Pre-ordering Diablo 3 and Record of Agarest Zero LE.

I figure I could probably get Infamous 2 / Twisted Metal from some sort of trade in promo from FS/BB/EB, or buy used few weeks/months after release date.

such gooooooood deal must resist!!!!!!!!!!

so sad i missed out on the ds3 controller dang ! yay thanks for heads up faytz i pod disgaea 4 regular dang dude the japs get the real nendoroid which is nicer than the stuff youre getting i guess you can argue about the collectible box and art book
1771809-disgaea_4_premium_edition_fuka_figure_high_large.jpg
1653415-image176_large.png

what you get? vs. whats nicer to get lol
51-1771809

Last edited by a moderator:
someone on RFD pointed out that Splinter Cell Trilogy HD is going for $39.99 cause of the sale and such it's marked down to $29.99 so i took advantage of that. sure it doesn't have Multiplayer but this is still awesome for me and i probably wouldn't use it's multiplayer

[quote name='JamesSoprano']someone on RFD pointed out that Splinter Cell Trilogy HD is going for $39.99 cause of the sale and such it's marked down to $29.99 so i took advantage of that. sure it doesn't have Multiplayer but this is still awesome for me and i probably wouldn't use it's multiplayer[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I would kind of like to try this, but I'm guessing it will be PS2 ports (which sucks). Also, the job Ubisoft did on the Prince of Persia trilogy was disgustingly poor and lazy. Maybe I'll pre-order and decide whether or not to cancel later...

[quote name='Derfel']Hmm... I would kind of like to try this, but I'm guessing it will be PS2 ports (which sucks). Also, the job Ubisoft did on the Prince of Persia trilogy was disgustingly poor and lazy. Maybe I'll pre-order and decide whether or not to cancel later...[/QUOTE]

Checked it out, supposedly they've used the PC versions for the ports, so that's a bit more promising. They've cut out not only the online multiplayer, but also the co-op for Chaos Theory. Boo.

[quote name='Derfel']If anyone pre-ordered the LOTR extended Blu-ray box during the last one of these sales, the base price is now lower and you should cancel and re-(pre-)order. It's at $75.99 - 15% = $64.59.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this Derfel, pre-ordered for $72.99 tax in!

hey guys i dont get it how come some games are double 5 dollars? and some not mainly uncharted 3 ?:(
nvm just went back and finally found the "get these other games for 5 off and i guess teh online sale gives it another 5 cool

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mana Thirst']Do you get charged for pre-ordering Diablo 3 now or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

When it ships.

[quote name='trippingmartian']A few more of particular interest

Diablo III - $49.99 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/diablo-iii-pc/10152048.aspx

Star Wars The Old Republic - $49.99 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/star-wars-the-old-republic-pc/10125848.aspx

The Last Guardian - $49.99 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the-last-guardian-playstation-3/10147887.aspx[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about the Last Guardian. I'm also ordering DOA Dimensions and MGS3 for $29.99. Residnet Evil The Mercenaries 3D is also $29.99, but I find that still rather expensive when it should've been included with RE Revelations.

[quote name='Derfel']Checked it out, supposedly they've used the PC versions for the ports, so that's a bit more promising. They've cut out not only the online multiplayer, but also the co-op for Chaos Theory. Boo.[/QUOTE]

yea and really i would have only played it by single player anyways .. tho i may have given te co-op a spin but i won't lose sleep over it. only played the first two titles not the third but i got it on xbox but not gonna bother hooking it back up. i have the fourth on the original xbox as well but i said bah heck with it i'll get it for PS3 at some point.

[quote name='Derfel']Checked it out, supposedly they've used the PC versions for the ports, so that's a bit more promising. They've cut out not only the online multiplayer, but also the co-op for Chaos Theory. Boo.[/QUOTE]

did you end up going for it ? at least your getting it $10 cheaper for when it first hits shelves. with just aibt of a wait.

Hey would you mind if i added you on PSN by any chance ? if not you know my PSN ID ( under my nickname ) so just add me letting me know who you are IF you add me of course.

[quote name='Mr.']I totally forgot about the Last Guardian. I'm also ordering DOA Dimensions and MGS3 for $29.99. Residnet Evil The Mercenaries 3D is also $29.99, but I find that still rather expensive when it should've been included with RE Revelations.[/QUOTE]

Grumble Grumble... I was on the fence about DOA Dimensions yesterday and when I checked today it was already sold out... curses!

Looks like the sale is over already.

The site wouldn't take my card info yesterday for some reason, and it starting taking it today after the promotion was no longer available. Nice.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Looks like the sale is over already.

The site wouldn't take my card info yesterday for some reason, and it starting taking it today after the promotion was no longer available. Nice.[/QUOTE]

really. that sucks i would be furious too. what were you going to buy ?

[quote name='JamesSoprano']really. that sucks i would be furious too. what were you going to buy ?[/QUOTE]

Nothing major really, so no biggie. Just a couple $10-off pre-orders and that LotR box set. I figured the deals would still be active today since it's the 24th, alas.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']did you end up going for it ? at least your getting it $10 cheaper for when it first hits shelves. with just aibt of a wait.

Hey would you mind if i added you on PSN by any chance ? if not you know my PSN ID ( under my nickname ) so just add me letting me know who you are IF you add me of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did the pre-order; I figure I can always cancel it if I change my mind. :) Hopefully it'll turn out a LOT better than the PoP games.

I can add you next time I'm on PSN if you want, but in all honesty, I'm almost never on there. I have no PS3 games that I play online (unless I get back to Demon's Souls one of these days).

bread's done
Back