Besty Buy: PS3 60 gig comes with extra controller and Heavenly Sword game for $499.

ize_sm15

CAG Veteran
"PS3 60 gig+ extra controller+ Heavenly Sword= $499"

Picked one up at the Best Buy in Glenview, IL. I've heard of a similard deal at BB before but it was either the controller or the game at the time. I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what cos it may be YMMV. Just make sure that you atleast ask or tell someone that works in BB, cos I had to ask at least 3 employees 'til I found someone who knew about the deal.

Considering the fact that the 60 gigs are discontinued already might be worth looking up, cos I know it is to me.

I know that I shouldn't even mention this but for the few (the very few) who probably cares, you have a choice of getting LAIR instead of HEAVENLY SWORD and I pity the ones who pick the lesser of the two.

EDIT: Best Buy's website doesn't list the 60 gig PS3s anymore, so you would have to go call the stores and ask if they have one.

I also forgot to mention about the free 5 BlueRay Disc that comes with buying a PS3. This is received through the mail though and done by sending your "copy of the receipt" and "proof of purchase" to sony.

If I already didn't have a PS3 I would jump on this, good looking out OP.

chances are it might not be ymmv anymore since BB might be wanting to get rid of all 60 gbs asap

Repost...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156391

Technically the deal was supposed to end 11/16 but I guess it's still going on. I saw a few 60gbs this weekend, all the boxes looked a bit messed up with plastic bags sticking out (probably customer returns BB was selling as brand new never touched), but didn't see the sign about this deal they used to have. Maybe YMMV at this point, if you can even find one?

I wonder if they just misread it? When the deal first broke the person I talked to thought it was controller + HS+ Lair.. she walked me with the PS3 and all that stuff to the register but it was denied.

The flyer also said that deal was good til 11/16/07, so who knows. It may have been extended or the employee may have been confused.

[quote name='sirplue']thanks for the heads up. How much does BB charge for 2+year warranties?[/quote]

For that price tier, the warranty will probably be $60-70

[quote name='sirplue']thanks for the heads up. How much does BB charge for 2+year warranties?[/quote]

If I remember right from when I bought one there a little over a month ago, it's either $75 or $80.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']If I remember right from when I bought one there a little over a month ago, it's either $75 or $80.[/QUOTE]

Its $59.99 now.

Only problem with the PRP's on the PS3s is, what do you get when/if you have to cash the PRP in? Do they locate you a 60gb or do you get stuck with one of the crappy 80 gb models with only software bc or the 40 gb with NO BC at all?

I mean, if BC doesn't matter to you, it's no big deal, but if I bought a PS3 with BC, I damn sure better get another one with the BC in the same form.

[quote name='screwkick']Good deal. The hard part is finding the 60gb in store.[/quote]

Yeah. I searched for it online the other day and I couldn't find it. Didn't try too hard though.

I would but I've spent so much on games already, and I have so much to play. I don't think I'll be able to pick up this one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem with the PRP's on the PS3s is, what do you get when/if you have to cash the PRP in? Do they locate you a 60gb or do you get stuck with one of the crappy 80 gb models with only software bc or the 40 gb with NO BC at all?

I mean, if BC doesn't matter to you, it's no big deal, but if I bought a PS3 with BC, I damn sure better get another one with the BC in the same form.[/quote]

Well, seeing as you are spending $500, I'd assume you'd be able to g get the 80GB model. At the very least, you'd still have software BC, which isn't the worst thing in the world. Only problem is, considering Sony's new stance on BC, whatever isn't software BC now probably never will be.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, seeing as you are spending $500, I'd assume you'd be able to g get the 80GB model. At the very least, you'd still have software BC, which isn't the worst thing in the world. Only problem is, considering Sony's new stance on BC, whatever isn't software BC now probably never will be.[/quote]

In which case I'd probably ask if I could just have the credit on a gc if I had a PRP on a 60gb PS3 I bought, since I wouldn't want one of those gimped 80 gb models with the 'software' BC which would require me to go online to dl updates(unless Sony does like MS and offers to send a disc with the updates on it?).

I'm like many who would want the least amount of machines to be hooked up at once, so if I had to have a PS2 hooked up just to play my old games, I'd just stick with the PS2 for now.

Maybe it's the wrong stance to have, but I believe MS and Sony better wise the fuck up and stick to ONE friggin SKU already.

for the people who were told that the deal doesn't exist don't just give up. Ask a couple of store associate about it, I'm pretty sure you'll find one that knows or who is at least nice enough to help you find out about it.

Does anyone know what the BB SKU # for the 60gb PS3s are? They no longer have them listed on their website or internal system so I need a SKU# to have them search by store.

This is a good idea for everyone to try if you are looking for a 60gb one.

bread's done
Back