Beta program to Onlive

[quote name='gamer4250@verizon']Got it, did tests, failed.

I guess they don't like that I have a relatively high end computer + FiOS?[/QUOTE]
What's your down/up speeds?

Probably not supposed to say anything but I'm in the beta. It kinda blows. Won't work over a wireless connection (I'm not talking wireless ISP, i'm talking your standard wireless network) and the lag is pretty noticeable on most games. All the games are 5 minute demo's right now and last time I tried, multiplayer didn't work at all.

Good idea, but I don't see them taking off, at least not in it's current structure.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Multiplayer works. It is just super laggy and not fun.[/QUOTE]
Outside the network? Last I saw it was basically on vs other onlive users. aka, no one.

[quote name='gamer4250@verizon']Got it, did tests, failed.

I guess they don't like that I have a relatively high end computer + FiOS?[/QUOTE]

I got in and have FIOS. My computer is decent but not to high end.

I know we're not supposed to talk about it, but I'm in the beta, I use Fios 20/20, and it's fantastic. I'm very surprised.

I'm sure it would be perfect for anyone that can't afford/doesn't have a good computer, but the service requires constant internet access and a subscription fee on top of the standard game prices, so it's not like it can totally beat out standard PC play.

I got this today.
Hi xxxxx,

Congratulations, your pre-registration for the OnLive Game Service has qualified you to receive a special offer! You originally signed up to receive three months of free membership to the OnLive Game Service, but we are pleased to provide you with an even better limited time offer:

By completing your registration now and joining us as a launch member, you're eligible to receive ONE YEAR FREE membership to the OnLive Game Service, plus ONE FREE GAME of your choice*, with no commitment for further spending. This registration is only open through June 3rd, 2010, so act quickly!

Follow the link below to begin your registration.

Click here to Register

If the above link doesn't work, please copy and paste the following into your browser: xxxxx

After launch on June 17th, we'll begin activating the accounts of OnLive's launch members. You'll be notified by email when your account is activated and you can sign in and start playing games on the OnLive Game Service!

NOTE: To complete registration, OnLive requires a valid credit card to verify, without charging the card, that you're over 18.

Thanks and we look forward to meeting all of you soon!

*For complete offer details and recommended computer and Internet connection for using OnLive, please see the registration website above. This is a personal offer for pre-registered launch members only and is not transferable. If you are not xxxxx, we apologize that this email has been misdirected to you. Please disregard it.

OnLive Member Services

Questions? Please email us at [email protected].
If [email protected] should not be subscribed or if you need to change your subscription information for OnLive, Inc., please use this preferences page.
OnLive, Inc. 181 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, 1-888-ONLIVE-5
I signed up for this a couple months ago. I'm pretty excited about it and hoping it works on my computer, since it has no video card and I can't play games any other way on this thing. :p

bread's done
Back