Better take your Katamari Damacy's to Ebay now while you can

if you leave the auction at $25 or so BIN and get the game from BB with GGC then you can make a good $9 or $10 if it sells. that's not bad.

People are so dumb when you throw math at them - people will bid 26.50$ on a game with 4$ shipping, but won't Buy It Now when the price is 25$ w/ 5$ shipping. (Just noticed this when I checked the OPs link)
And it does seem odd the price is going above retail because I thought this game wasn't hard to find - my EB and Blockbuster each have a few copies.

i dont understand how you even make money selling KD on ebay for 25.50 with shipping.

ebay takes like 20% of the transaction after its done, which is both paypal and ebay fees and listing. then you factor in gas to the post office, gas going to buy the game, and of course, the original cost. How do you make any money?

Unless your shop lifting them, i just dont get it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i dont understand how you even make money selling KD on ebay for 25.50 with shipping.

ebay takes like 20% of the transaction after its done, which is both paypal and ebay fees and listing. then you factor in gas to the post office, gas going to buy the game, and of course, the original cost. How do you make any money?

Unless your shop lifting them, i just dont get it.[/quote]

it is not 20%, it will come out to about $3 or so, assuming you're charging shipping/handling at $5, then you break even right there. as for gas, you usually go to BB to pick up other stuff anyway, as for going to the PO, I have one that's walking distance.

ya well theres people like me where its a buck each way to the post office, so it isnt really worth it. so even if ebay takes 3 bucks from the 25 you make, that leaves 22, which is how much katamari damacy originally is. with tax in most places.

Going to work for 1 hour makes far more money than putting in the time to earn a few dollars on this.

They've been selling like this for months. People apparantly just think that eBay will always have crap at the best prices. :roll:

Not that Katamari Damacy is crap. I love it.

This wasn't neccesarily about making money either. At least my type of CAG, after I play through a game I want to turn around and sell it/trade it, i don't keep a collection. The rate some of these auctions are going, i'm selling my used copy that I played and enjoyed and most likely paid $15 for and getting my money back, sometimes more.

The only things i ever bought off ebay was Panzer Dragoon Saga and Disgaea, i just dispise the way some of the sellers can be (and buyers too.) Ebay is only worth it for rare items, one of the reasons i never buy newer items is because i know most of them have to be stolen.

I looked up Kill Zone and some sold for 37.99, and some even as low as 25.00. you cant sell games for that low, theres no profit at all. My buddy who owns a game store a few miles from my house tells me they buy most games for abiut 40 bucks now. so unless there stolen, how do you possibly convince someone like me that stuff on ebay is clean and legit?

that's why i don't like shopping on ebay.

I was suprised one day when i saw how rare Firefighter F.D. 18 is. Crap, i wanted that game so much i put 30 and 30 together with a free game to get it at the toys r us BOGO. i never knew it would be worth 60 sealed on ebay. Ebay values sometimes are just incredible.

Still a pretty fun game and worth checking out tho. I have to admit, i like nostalgia feeling of Fahrenheit a bit more on sega cd :)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']ya well theres people like me where its a buck each way to the post office, so it isnt really worth it. so even if ebay takes 3 bucks from the 25 you make, that leaves 22, which is how much katamari damacy originally is. with tax in most places.[/quote]

buying it from BB with GGC = $15 + tax, so assuming you do get $22 from it, that is about $6 profit at least, which is quite a bit if you consider how much your friend's gamestore is making per game.

obviously if you compare it to a real job it's nothing.

Hey, I got tons of stuff cheap day after Thanksgiving and after Christmas that we're selling. The Spiderman I got for 19.99 sold for 30, plus I made a couple bucks on shipping.

Not to mention, game stores give pennies for trade ins and buy backs. I've cornered my friend's teen son and friends market because I give about $5 more than the game store.

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']i dont understand how you even make money selling KD on ebay for 25.50 with shipping.

Unless your shop lifting them, i just dont get it.[/quote]

it is not 20%, it will come out to about $3 or so, assuming you're charging shipping/handling at $5, then you break even right there. as for gas, you usually go to BB to pick up other stuff anyway, as for going to the PO, I have one that's walking distance.[/quote]
the final value fee for low prices like that is something like 5% or so. if you sold the game for $25.99, the final value fee would be about $1.34. the insertion fee would vary depending on the prices you use, with the cheapest being a 35 cent insertion fee (if you start bids at $0.99 and have a BIN at $25.99). add $4 shipping to the total cost, and you're coming away with about $25. if you actually went to the trouble of going to best buy, purchasing the game with the gamer gift card, then going home and relisting the item, you'd make about $9 on the whole thing. of course, that's assuming the game actually sold for the BIN price or higher, since you run the obvious risk of the game selling for less than what you paid for it. you could run a fixed price auction, but then the insertion fee is something like $1.20, which makes it even less worth the time.

sounds like too much effort to me.

bread's done
Back