Beyond Good and Evil

Uh... Late train. We got this game a while ago for $10. And we can get it for $15 at best buy. Otherwise, it's $20 everywhere...

it's this price for a while, absolutely worth the price though, it's a great game.

buy it at a Best Buy B&M w/ the GGC to get it for $15 ;)

[quote name='daphatty']Uh... Late train. We got this game a while ago for $10. And we can get it for $15 at best buy. Otherwise, it's $20 everywhere...[/quote]

$10? man, missed the boat on that one...

I got the game for $10, but it's good enough to warrant being $50. I beat it yesterday...holy hell, what a game...

Yeah, it's a great game...

But whatever you do, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT watch the cinema after the ending credits until they announce BG&E 2 (Twilight of the Idols? Ha.).

Don't count on it, though.

If you go to Ubisoft's website on the game, you can read in the boards that the sequel is already in the works. Ubisoft was going to write the entire game off, but the demand on the boards was too damn great. I personally can't wait.

[quote name='wookieballz']~eros

Can you please provide a link to the board?

Oh, man...if this is true, I'll be one frickin' happy gamer.[/quote]

Yeah I will be as well, this game was a surprise for me. Bought it not expecting much, and I was very, very impressed. Great game, deserves a sequel.

Yes, this game is awesome. I held out for the XBox version and picked it up for $14.99 at BB with the GGC. The last time I enjoyed a game this much was with POP. Another UBISoft masterpiece.

[quote name='wookieballz']~eros

Can you please provide a link to the board?

Oh, man...if this is true, I'll be one frickin' happy gamer.[/quote]

No I can't provide a link since the boards require a username and password. Check the boards and see for yourself. The developers are taking suggestions for the sequel on the board and Ubisoft already implied to the public in their press release about a sequel to Prince of Persia. The press release labeled the game as a new brand. Also, they might break down and release a soundtrack. The boards are going ape shit for that right now.

If you need to create an account, keep in mind that I believe the account is good across all ubisoft chat boards.

Also, many of you may have wondered what the Internet codes, that you see when saving, are for, go to www.beyondgoodevil.com and click "Access The Darkroom" to find out. The codes reflect your progress in the game and unlock content online. You can also see how you rank.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']To be honest, at its current price there is very little reason this game shouldn't be in most everyone's collection.[/quote]

I agree.....this game was worth the $20.00 I paid for it thru Gamecrazy. One of my all-time favorites which will remain in my collection. This game has to be experienced by one and all......incredible how this game has not achieved the initial success it deserves. I can only hope there is a sequel in the works!!! 8)

At the Circuit City in my area, they were only selling the PS2 version for $10. GameCube was still $20. But, they only had the GameCube version in stock... I hassled the cashier and got it for $10 anyway :wink:

Am I mistaken or was there a TRU code for $10 off?
I remember putting in all the codes and then trying different games and seeing what happened. I saw Good & Evil for $10 bucks with a code but I can't remember how it happened. Stupid me didn't buy it either, because I was trying to find other games thought I could do it the next day... No such luck!!

I purchased this game for the xbox at 19.99 also but have yet to open it. Busy playing other games right now. Have heard nothing but praises for this game. Is it a short game hours wise to complete ?

took me about 16 to 17 hours to complete and i didn't even collect all of the pearls or animal photos............a lot of people say they finished in 8 to 10 hours, but i don't see how, unless you just rush through the game.........it is still definitely worth it for 20 bucks

yup got it for 10 bucks a while back. definately my favorite game of 03' I'm happy that people are picking this up now because its such a great game.

[quote name='Tacit37']I want to Best Buy, and they don't seem to stock it anymore. Anyone confirm that?[/quote]

call around to a few different stores, you might have more luck than trying to check online. I happened to be at a mall ~20 miles away and checked the Best Buy there, where it was in stock. the BB close to me hadn't had it in a while.

I picked up the last copy for the GC at my local Best Buy last week, and I deliberately didn't use a GGC coupon, because I felt the game was fairly priced at $20.

I still felt strange paying the "normal" price for a recently released game, but wanted my purchasing power to say "hey, provide a solid game at a good price, and I'll buy it as soon as I get a chance, without any hassle".

I know that the publisher often sells to stores at a fixed value, and it's up to the stores to determine how much profit they want to make, so that my purchase price doesn't directly affect the publisher, but if Best Buy sees that they can make a good profit on BG&E, they'll be more likely to purchase more copies of a sequel in sufficient quantities to make everyone happy.

-merscwog

bread's done
Back