Beyond Good & Evil ... ?

sn0b0ards

CAGiversary!
Over the last few days I have heard people praise over and over Beyond Good & Evil.

What is this game, and why should I get it?

thxokbye!

I'm playing it right now on my PS2. It's a ver y good game, especially if you like Zelda type games. Good story, good graphiocs, and importantly, good controls.

I got it for like $2 at TRU. Haven't played it yet, but I also heard it's pretty good. You know gamefaqs usually has decent reviews for games..

BG&E was frequently called the "best game nobody is playing" a couple of years ago when it came out. It was discounted from $50 to $20 almost immediately after release, and the price has only gone down since then. It's got a decent story and interesting characters, but the game is kind of short (8-10 hours total) and the final boss is a letdown.

It came out last year. A lot of great games came out at the same time. Within 3 weeks, Circuit City had it for 9.99, and then everyone else followed.

If there is anyone out there that still hasn't got this, go and get it now. It's a wonderful little game, superbly put together, very involving and a lot of fun. It's a terrible shame that it was so massively overlooked in favour of crap when it was released.

Beyond Good and Evil is such an overlooked game. Its kind of hard to believe, considering that the game has such quality. Just an awesome experience. If you don't have it, definitely run out and pick it up now.

Yeah, it was a very fun game.....I even enjoyed it and I rarely get into games like that.

I beat it and traded it in, but while I had, it was some good times.

I may be one of the few people who didn't think this game was the second coming.

I really found the game to be strikingly average. Graphics were good, the control was good, the concept and "missions" in the game were good. The game was linear, but that was fine. But, there was nothing to me that made it stand out from the pack. No one thing in it made this game stand out (and personally, I'm getting sick of stealth in games. For the games that specialized in it (MGS, Splinter Cell) it works really well. But, I don't want to see it in every game, and it just seemed like it wasn't really needed here.

That being said, for the price it is now, its well worth it. I got the game for $8, and I've never regretted the purchase. I just see why gamers haven't neccessarily flocked to this like they have other games.

I just got it for like 50 cents at the TRU sale (using that $10 off 2 games under $20 coupon). Looking forward to playing it - even if it's not super-great, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth :)

I Dont think anyone ever referred to it as "the second comming" but is IS a very good game, The praise over it may have been a little overstated but that's only because a game of this quality shouldnt have been ignored.

If you have stuff like Ratchet & Clank, the Jak games, or the Sly Cooper games you should own this too, there's no excuse.

Great game. THe voice action is spot on. The gameplay is fun. Controls like a dream. Eye candy galore, and the story is amazing. The game is just pure gaming at it's best. It got over looked last christmas rush, and went to 20 bucks in a mater of weeks. I'd say in my top 10 this generation. If you love adventure games with a good story, awesome gameplay and great graphics I'd suggest getting it as soon as you can. By the way did anyone get a Zelda vibe from the HUD?

BG&E really is underrated. Very sweet game, especially since you can get it for under $2 at TRU. And how can you not like having a holographic buddy that looks like Eddy Guerrero?!

9d76f256.jpg

I think it's overrated too. The music was good but something about that pig annoyed me. The story is alright but kinda cheesy in parts and the ending is weak. The gameplay is fun tho and I liked the stealth sections especially when u get the hang of kicking all the guards in the butt.

I also heard how good it was and never got around to buying it. Well, I bought the game from Best Buy for $15. Turns out, I really liked it. It was not a great game, but it was very good. Still haven't finished it yet, but I hope to in the next few days.

bread's done
Back