BF: Bad Company Gold (360) $39.08 & Guild Wars (PC) $39.90 at Amazon

Is guild wars worth that much? I've been tempted to try out that MMO, but maybe it would be a better idea to just get the first one?

I liked Guild Wars, but it's one of those games you need to sink tons of time into and can hardly ever do anything solo.

[quote name='ruibing']Is guild wars worth that much? I've been tempted to try out that MMO, but maybe it would be a better idea to just get the first one?[/quote]

I'd say yes, especially since they were selling each game for $40 originally. Too bad you didn't pick up the first Guild Wars when it was $5 on amazon a week or so ago...that would have been a perfect time to try it out.

Really though, it will only be worth the $40 is you have enough time to put into the game, which I don't ATM.

[quote name='ruibing']Is guild wars worth that much? I've been tempted to try out that MMO, but maybe it would be a better idea to just get the first one?[/quote]

I would say so, at that price its almost like buying Nightfall and getting the other 2 free. I bought all 3 and GWEN expansion on or close to their release date. I really enjoyed them, but Destromas is right you really can't solo much, but the Nightfall heros help in that respect and it will eat up a lot of time if you try doing all the side quest, capture the skills, and go after titles. Also, once you beat the story of campaign the first time you'll open up hard mode for that campaing, which is blast if you are looking for good challenge. There is also PVP, but I can't really speak on that as I mainly play just the PVE.

Are all 3 campaigns of Guild Wars worth it for $39.99? Yes.

Ordered that shit as soon as I got the email telling me about it. Hey Amazon, my wallet says "i hate you."

bread's done
Back