Bicycle Deals - Any bikers out there?

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Hey guys, looking for a new bike to ride during the summer and during the school year. I'm looking for a hybrid bike to ride mostly on the street, but a few gravel trails too. So I just need some suggestions on good deals and good brands. And would it be cheaper to buy online and ship, or just drive to the local bike shop?

Go to a local bike shop and see if they have any used bikes for sale. You might actually be able to get a nice brand/solid frame for a much lower cost because it's a couple years old or something. Don't know any deals though besides looking in the paper or craigslist and hoping for the best.

If you want new, you should look into Giant or Trek. Both make good bikes. I would stay away from junk sold at Wal-mart and what not. Most bike shops carry these brands and you can get a pretty nice bike for $250-400.

You should know that Giant is basically the world's largest manufacturer and many brands use the same factories or frames. They make and have made bikes for Trek, Schwinn and others. So brand doesn't mean that much as long as it's a quality brand.

bread's done
Back