Big Blu-ray sale @ Amazon.com.

There are some great deals on there right now. I was just trying to find a $10 movie to get the free shipping with Halo Legends and there was plenty to choose from.

Thanks for the link, OP! Going to order Man on Fire for $12. A terrific movie that I already own on DVD, but I'll be giving it away to my brother anyways, which loved it as well.

I highly recommended that hasn't seen this flick to do so. I prefer this than Taken.

[quote name='Cage017']Dark Knight for $14.99 is a must own for me.

Thanks for posting, Adutopia.[/QUOTE]

You can get Dark Knight two-disc blu-ray for much cheaper at used retailers. I own the Batpod edition ($11.99) and the Target exclusive Batman mask special edition ($9.99). Both are two-disc blu rays with the digital copy.

Lots of price matching going on against Best Buy and Walmart.
A lot of the 9.99 movies from Best Buy are now 9.99 at amazon.
Also a few of the 19.99 double feature sets from walmart have been dropped to 14.99 on amazon.
Time to stock up on some blu's.

[quote name='sunnysky']Lots of price matching going on against Best Buy and Walmart.
A lot of the 9.99 movies from Best Buy are now 9.99 at amazon.
Also a few of the 19.99 double feature sets from walmart have been dropped to 14.99 on amazon.
Time to stock up on some blu's.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks.

Some of those prices are horrible. $22.99 for Wedding Crashers? $28.99 for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!? Weren't those two $7.99 and $9.99 respectively not too long ago?

I may pick up L.A. Confidential for $11.99 though, lol. Thanks OP!

[quote name='PopcornBandit']Some of those prices are horrible. $22.99 for Wedding Crashers? $28.99 for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!? Weren't those two $7.99 and $9.99 respectively not too long ago?

I may pick up L.A. Confidential for $11.99 though, lol. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

prices may fluctuate or change during the sale, when they do and the items go up to a high price, they dont get removed from the sale page (for whatever reason). ive seen movies rise and drop during amazon's 'sales'

[quote name='tsl141']Almost tempted to get UP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't see Up. Just put my order in for Up.

[quote name='adutopia58']Amazon has a big blu ray sale. A lot of them are as low as $12.99. There are some really good deals, like Up for $16.99.

Anyways, here is the full list of blu ray movies:

Blu-ray movies in the sale

Enjoy!![/QUOTE]

It looks like some of the prices went up. Glad I picked up the movies I wanted last week.

[quote name='lobito72']You can pick up the Dark Knight bat mask blu-ray for 9.99 new at Marc's in NE Ohio.[/QUOTE]

What is Marc's? Do they have an online store?

[quote name='iamking']What is Marc's? Do they have an online store?[/QUOTE]

It's not online. It's a local-only chain of discount stores.

[quote name='spideymike']It's not online. It's a local-only chain of discount stores.[/QUOTE]

ok, thanks. dark knight for $9.99 is an awesome price. too bad, they don't have an online presence.

Picked up La Femme Nikita and Leon the Professional for under 13 each. I didn't see them advertised on that sale, but I highly recommend these for purchase if you haven't gotten them yet...

[quote name='dg7md']Picked up La Femme Nikita and Leon the Professional for under 13 each. I didn't see them advertised on that sale, but I highly recommend these for purchase if you haven't gotten them yet...[/QUOTE]

tempting. thanks.

Damn it. I need to really watch my spending. I saw about 10 things I would pick up if I had the money to do so. I need to stay out of this thread. Thanks OP and thanks for the other links to more deals.

[quote name='sendme']Damn it. I need to really watch my spending. I saw about 10 things I would pick up if I had the money to do so. I need to stay out of this thread. Thanks OP and thanks for the other links to more deals.[/QUOTE]

ditto. purchased too much stuff recently. need to cut down on my purchases. Anyways, thanks OP.

Oh, I thought the sale with A History of Violence was known.

I just got in A History of Violence ($7.99), Fargo ($9.99), and The Dark Crystal ($12.99) from an order made end last week.

Amazon keeps pumping out nice blu-ray deals.

I like how Amazon's prices fluctuates for no reason like gas prices...

316201091606pm.png

[quote name='VipFREAK']I like how Amazon's prices fluctuates for no reason like gas prices...

316201091606pm.png
[/QUOTE]
I noticed a bunch of Blu-rays in my cart shot up in price tonight also, assuming they may be starting a Buy 2 Get 1 deal or something of the sort tomorrow???

I've had a boat load sitting in my cart for a long time now and all the time they go up and sometimes down. It's all random IMO...

Well, I've got a boatload in my cart, and as of this morning, Every single title has gone up in price.
I hope you all got your fill while you had the chance.

Yeah, I had a bunch in my cart, and each increased in price, except Robocop (which lowered to $9.99). The worst offender was the The Lost Boys, which jumped up to $23 (from $13) -- probably to capitalize on the death of Corey Haim.

And more often now even when things drop, sometimes it only lasts in an annoyingly short window. 1408 dropped to $8.99, then not long after the infamous price increase note popped up indicating $14.99.

I'm kinda new to saving stuff in my shopping cart. I've heard people say they locked in item "x" for "x" price. Did that mean they bought it at that time or did they lock it in by saving it in their cart. Which means that Amazon just recently started changing prices in peoples carts? Sorry to go off topic but it seems to be relevant to the discussion.

[quote name='EasyTarget82']I'm kinda new to saving stuff in my shopping cart. I've heard people say they locked in item "x" for "x" price. Did that mean they bought it at that time or did they lock it in by saving it in their cart. Which means that Amazon just recently started changing prices in peoples carts? Sorry to go off topic but it seems to be relevant to the discussion.[/QUOTE]

The prices in your cart are not guaranteed until you check out. When you checkout, the prices will be updated to reflect the current price.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I've had a boat load sitting in my cart for a long time now and all the time they go up and sometimes down. It's all random IMO...[/QUOTE]

I read an article about amazons price system. Its an automatic pricing algorithm that takes into effect data about an item like current stock, time since last purchase, recent volume of sales compared to historical avg., and so on to determine whether to raise or lower the price and by how much.

Thus if people aren't buying a product they start to lower the price until the raise sales. If a lot of people are buying they will increase the price.

There is logic to their pricing it just seems random because its a black box to everyone but the people at amazon.

Also this is assuming the prices aren't manually overridden due to the start and ending of sales.

bread's done
Back