Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, a crappy deal. No-name game with no reviews or anything to find. It looks like a very generic Bejeweled clone.

This is not a "deal" but thought it worth mentioning to Big Fish Fans (from the Big Fish blog):

Big Fish Games is set to release the much anticipated Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove in early December, however the MCF team indicates there will be a special release in time for Thanksgiving, exclusively for Big Fish Game Club members.

On November 25th we will launch Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - Collector's Edition. Why a Collector's Edition? The Mystery Case Files team built this special version of the game to be a one-of-a-kind MCF experience like nothing you have played before. The Collector's Edition launches several weeks early and includes secret bonus levels, additional puzzles, and other intriguing "extras".

Note: This is $19.99 Collector's Edition is offered as a "Buy Only" special release (coupons and credits will not apply), available for Game Club members only. The Collector's Edition, in addition to the bonus game play and extra levels, includes the following:

* an in-game contextual strategy guide
* a challenge and achievement badge system
* a behind the scenes section with concept art
* video out takes and much more...

So, if you are a big Mystery Case Files fan and you want a unique MCF experience, cancel your Thanksgiving holiday plans now! If you are not in a hurry and do not want to pay for the extras, don't worry, the standard version of the game with a free trial and normal $6.99 price will be released in early December when it is completed.

I find it interesting that Big Fish is trying to find a way back to the $19.99 price point though Collector's Editions.

Are additional levels, a built in strategy guide and a trophy system worth paying almost 3 times more than the standard edition that will be $6.99? This Collector's Edition is not eligible for any possible discounts either. I wonder how many people will pony up $13 more for these extras...

Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Mirror Mixup - A picture puzzle game with a great new twist. Levels are solved by selecting areas of the picture and twisting them! Mirror Mixup features 4 great game modes. There are 150 levels to solve and 200 unlockable bonus levels. The 'Custom Play' mode also allows you to use your own pictures and music.

Click here for Mirror Mixup

Use Coupon Code: MIRROR299

Once again, an old game with no Gamezebo review. However this is a good game.

On iWin, the average user review is 4.8 out of 5 stars.

On Reflexive, it was 4.25 out of 5.

Gamezebo review:

"The makers of Sparkle clearly aren't trying to re-invent the wheel. They stick pretty closely to the Zuma formula, and while the innovations they do bring to the table are neat, they certainly aren't as whacky or creative as others that we've seen. Also, the game gives the impression of showing its hand too early - most of the power-ups show up early on in the game so that there are long stretches of levels where nothing new is introduced to keep things fresh.Still, for marble shooter fans who need to kill time before the next Harry Potter book comes out, Sparkle is worth a look."

Pros: Fun power-ups and amulets, branching paths on map, interesting theme, multiple game modes

Cons: Core concept is not new, levels could use more variety

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Sparkle

Player reviews on Reflexive were generally very positive, mostly 4 and 5 star reviews. The only people that didn't like the game said it was only because the game is so much like Zuma, they wanted something new.

Gamezebo review:

"In short, there's plenty to love between such staggeringly deep, mind-bending action; a snappy soundtrack that remixes traditional Arabic tunes with fast-paced beats; and universally-attractive depictions of palm trees and minarets. The only downside is that the game can take quite some time to play through (not everyone will have the patience for it) and is tailored to more marathon sessions than bite-sized sittings. Then again, for all the title simply takes a proven concept and applies it to a different setting, and won't captivate twitch-happy enthusiasts, we're far from disappointed. Suffice it to say that Cradle of Persia will leave more dedicated players hooked for one thousand and one nights, and possibly then some."

Pros: Multi-layered gameplay. City-building portions. Upgradeable power-ups. Toe-tapping soundtrack. Exotic visuals. Plentiful resources and bonuses to juggle.

Cons: Slow-paced. Lengthy. Limited interactivity with constructed settlements.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Cradle Of Persia

Gamezebo review:

"There was a great idea for a game here. But limited objects and locations and inconsistency in naming leaves players with gameplay that feels a lot more like homework than entertainment."

Pros: Realistic graphics. Historically interesting video cut scenes. Extended length.

Cons: Constant repetition of locations and objects grows tedious. Grey/tan/white color palette is uninspiring. Tools all work the same way.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Read the Gamezebo review of Herod's Lost Tomb here

Cool. Thanks for the Return to Ravenhearst coupon code. :cool:

So far, thanks to this site, I have snagged 21 games for a mere $8.56. That averages out to about 41 cents per game. You guys rock. Now I just have to find the time to finish them all!:applause:

Yeah, I know what you mean... I've had Return To Ravenhearst for months and haven't even touched it yet. Same way on my consoles, too. Too many games, too little time. Most my game playing now is actually on Facebook and my iPod Touch...games I can play for 5 minutes here and there. Can't seem to find any time to sit down for hours and play something like an RPG anymore....

Gamezebo review:

"Scrapbook Paige offers something different with it's scrapbooking theme and mini-game. Provided you aren't looking for a hard core challenge, it's a relaxing and easy-to-play hidden object game with good production values, and no stressful elements anywhere to be found."

Pros: Entertaining and easy to play with simple rules. Original scrapbooking theme. Good production values with seamless photorealism. Objects are logically selected to fit within the backgrounds.

Cons: Easy to beat. Minimal story. Items and scenes repeat. Limited replay value.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Scrapbook Paige

There is no review of this game by Gamezebo. Strange, considering it is a newer title.

On iWin, average of 41 player reviews give it 4.5 stars out of 5.

Also, as of this morning, the Mystery Case Files: Return To Ravenhearst deal is still going. $2.99 for this amazing hidden object/graphic adventure. I thought it was supposed to end yesterday, so the offer could come down at any time...

Click here for MCF: Return To Ravenhearst

Use coupon code: RTR299

Gamezebo review:

"All in all, however, Ikibago: The Caribbean Jewel is worth a download at the very least if you're a match-three fan. The unique gameplay twists and light-hearted pirate theme just might be enough to suck you in."

Pros: Rousing music and cute graphics. Original twists. Multiple regions and a ton of levels. Fun trophy room. Several modes.

Cons: Sketchy instructions at times. Levels can start to grind.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Player reviews average 5 out of 5.

Click here to read Gamezebo's review of Ikibago

There is not a Gamezebo review of Invadazoid.

The average player review on Reflexive was 4 out of 5.

PC Format UK magazine gave it only a 42 out of 100.

Best to try it first I guess...

On a side note...

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collectors Edition is now available for $19.99:

Click here for MCF: Dire Grove Collectors Edition

The cheaper standard version will be available in early December for $6.99.

What's in the Collectors Edition? Built in deluxe Strategy guide, extra quests, Easter eggs, wallpapers, behind the scenes, trophy system etc.

What is different about this version of Mystery Case Files? The story is told through full motion video cut scenes instead of static images....

Aveyond 2 - A Japanese-style Role playing with anime graphics. Reminiscent of the SNES glory days of RPGs...

Click here for Aveyond 2

Use Coupon Code: AVEYOND2

Gamezebo review:

"If you couldn't get enough of Aveyond, then you'll love Aveyond 2 as well. Amaranth Games has delivered another 2-D fantasy role-playing epic that rivals the first in terms of gameplay depth and length. Like its predecessor, it's a great example of a "causal" role-playing game that delivers a delightful and accessible fantasy adventure."

Pros: Deep story. Generous gameplay length. Numerous side-quests and secrets. Can save game at any time.

Cons: Can't flee from battle. Occasional lack of balance in combat. Shops not always clarly marked.

Click here to read Gamezebo's review of Aveyond 2

The Aveyond games are really fun RPGs similar to traditional JRPGs on consoles. I think Aveyond 2 is the best of the series. It's long, great story, mouse control... This is one of the best deals Big Fish has had in this ongoing sale!

Gamezebo review:

"This run-of-the-mill hidden object game with a supernatural twist offers pure seek-and-find gameplay (with the odd skippable puzzle thrown in) but suffers from a meandering story and a few other minor issues. Paranormal Agency isn't going to win over any new fans to the genre, but is a playable enough hidden object game for diehard fans looking for a seek-and-find fix."

Pros: Choice of timed and untimed modes. Ample hints. Compact 30 MB file size.

Cons: Wasn't play-tested enough. Grammatical issues. Clicks don't always take. Only average production values. Meandering story that drags at the end.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Paranormal Agency

Gamezebo review:

"Mystery Stories: Berlin Nights is also a very long game. While there’s 20 main environments, you’ll visit them a couple of times each, with different items to find and puzzles to solve. In total, the main Story mode offers 74 levels, while the Free Play mode adds another 20 (totaling 94 in all). Fortunately, the quality also matches the quantity, so fans of hidden object games should get a kick out of this story-driven adventure."

Pros: Enjoyable hidden object game. Nearly 100 levels. Many different kinds of puzzles. Unique hint system. Some mini-games. Decent story. Attractive graphics.

Cons: Some confusing objects. Mini-games aren’t too spectacular.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Mystery Stories: Berlin Nights

I'm not sure if this was answered earlier but how long exactly do these "Deal of the Day" coupons last? I just used the Aveyond 2 code which was for November 26 today (November 28).

Anyway, I gotta pay closer attention to this thread. I got lucky this time! :cool:

They are only supposed to be good for a day, but I have seen where they worked the next day, too. Not sure when they take them down. It's always worth trying a day or two after to see if a coupon is still active. They say the news deal will be up by 1 AM every night. But they don't necessarily turn off the old coupon code right away.

I just tried the Aveyond 2 coupon and it has expired. So it lasted a day or two longer than the day of the deal.

System Mania - This fast paced Time Management game has Fiona Keeping over 80 crazy machines running smoothly by quickly turning their red warning lights off. Each machine is made up of various fun and wacky controls such as cranks, pull cords, guitar strings, egg timers, gearsticks and even a TV game system complete with its own joystick. Be quick or the whole thing will go up in smoke!

Click here for System Mania

Use Coupon Code: SYSTEM299

Gamezebo review:

"While this type of fast-paced and frantic game isn’t for everyone, and some levels were harder than others (instead of a steady increase in difficulty), we were pleasantly surprised with System Mania. Not only this download different than other casual games but is very fun once you get the hang of the tasks at hand. Kudos to Pi Eye Games for a job well done!"

Pros: Fun and frantic arcade game. Mouse control works great. Cute graphics with six characters. Multiple game modes, extras, trophies.

Cons: Difficulty between levels not consistent. “Twitch” games not for everyone.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of System Mania

There is no Gamezebo review of this game (not exactly their demographic I guess). But there is a review of N4G.com:

"I wouldn't disagree that the game's theme is enough to make some queasy, especially because the first series of levels are loaded with rather esoteric fantasy RPG references (and if you're able to ford through that, you'll actually get to meet fashionistas and superhero wannabes). Putting those bits aside, you might actually realize that Geeks2: Geeks Unleashed does present an interesting gameplay concept.""

Pros:
• Unique puzzle gameplay
• Pretty decent artwork

Cons:
• Esoteric references and sense of humor

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the N4G.com review of G2: Geeks Unleashed

Venice Mystery - A Mahjongg-style game that incorporates tile matching puzzles with a mystery story.

Click here for Venice Mystery

Use Coupon Code: VENICE299

Gamezebo review:

"Fans of mah jong solitaire games or those obsessed with secret societies, such as the Illuminati, might enjoy playing through Venice Mystery, the latest puzzler from Gamgo and Big Fish Games. It may sound like an odd mix - but it works - but don't expect the tile-matching game-play to be tied to the story in any way."

Pros: Interesting story (especially for Da Vinci Code lovers). Mini-games a nice addition. Many power-ups.

Cons: Only one game mode. Core gameplay is quite easy, and its irrelevant to the story.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Venice Mystery

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back