Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Westward - A real-time strategy game where you build your western town into a thriving community. First in the series.

Click here for Westward

Use Coupon Code: 299WEST

Gamezebo review:

"Sandlot Games' Westward is a fun and fresh western-themed strategy game that is difficult to put down. Its high-production values and clever writing also help make it one of the more polished and interesting adventures to mosey our way in a long while. Be sure to lasso this one."

Pros: Unique concept; lots of game-play and personality; lengthy tutorial for beginners

Cons: Can not zoom in or out of map; can not speed up game; minor bugs/A.I. issues

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Westward

Fun game! I think Sandlot was giving this game away a couple of weeks ago, but if you missed it then, $2.99 is still a good deal on it. I think Sandlot has it on sale for $4.99 so this deal is better.

Season Match - A matching game that plays similar to Collapse or Glyph with beautiful graphics and music.

Click here for Season Match

Use Coupon Code: SEASON299

Gamezebo review:

"Fans of 3-in-a-row games looking for a relaxing puzzler to waste away a lazy afternoon might not be disappointed with Season Match - but it's very easy game-play and slow pacing might bore more players than enthrall them."

Pros: Accessible game-play for players age 3 to 103. Relaxing experience. Power-ups. Can collect trophies.

Cons: Simply average puzzler. Very, very easy. Game doesn't really go anywhere. Graphics are so-so.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Season Match

Gamezebo review:

"In the end, Mystery Stories does enough right to keep die-hard hidden object game fans happy, but a handful of minor issues unfortunately add up to an ultimately mediocre experience."

Pros: Variety of challenges. Interesting sound-based and scenario-based scenes.

Cons: Some scenarios out of context with story. Some scenes seem hopelessly cluttered. Clicks don’t always register first time. Items repeat a lot. Mislabeling of items.

Redrum - A hidden object game with a mature murder mystery storyline.

Click here for Redrum

Use Coupon Code: REDRUM299

Gamezebo review:

"Hidden object game fans are no strangers to murder mystery plotlines, but Redrum takes things down an even darker path. Not one to play in front of the kids, the game is a chilling psychological thriller that combines crime and the supernatural. While still pretty tame by horror movie standards, it's still the closest thing to "horror" that you're likely to see in a casual game."

Pros: Mature theme and story. Chilling atmosphere. Powerful characters. Superb use of graphics and sound to create atmosphere.

Cons: Story ends somewhat abruptly and doesn't tie up every loose end.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Redrum

Damn it, I gotta stop checking this thread!

This game does sound like it's gonna be pretty fun. I just ordered it. Gonna play it later. Currently playing Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold. That one is pretty fun as well!

Gamezebo review:

"While the theme is interesting, and the graphics are somewhat cute and colorful, there isn't enough depth in the game play to keep experienced players interested for longer than a few rounds. Megastore Madness would really have benefited from few more powerups, or some good chaining action to keep things from feeling monotonous."

Pros: Easy to learn. Colorful graphics.

Cons: Repetitive gameplay. No variety in levels. Limited power-ups.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Megastore Madness

There have been some great games lately, schuerm26. Just not today! Sometimes the coupon codes are good for a day and a half or 2 days, so yesterday's game may still be buyable at $2.99 and it was a good one. "Redrum"...

As for today's game...hmmm...never had a desire to work at Wal*Mart for fun...sounds more like torture than a game...

Gamezebo review:

"Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier is another entertaining, challenging resource management game set in the far-too-infrequently-chosen western milieu. Most folks will be obliged for the opportunity to be a hero in this upbeat version of the Old West."

Pros: Strong production values. Interesting side-quests. Great western theme with humorous touches. Highly addictive. Sandbox mode.

Cons: Some vagueness in tasks. HUD reduces view of game world. Some loss of visual charm from predecessor.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Westward II: Heroes Of The Frontier

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not buy this one. I.... won't.... Nooo! Damn, three bucks for hours and hours of enjoyment. I gotta resist!

I have so many games I can't even finish them. Big Fish Games is so awesome.

Oh, hey. I'm a CAG Veteran now. I rock.

Reiner Knizia's Ingenious - The new puzzle game based on a best-selling award-winning board game.

Click here for Ingenious

Use Coupon Code: INGEN299

Gamezebo review:

"Bottom line: The underlying premise works well, play variations are nigh endless and you could spend eons here devising and testing out new strategies. If only the surrounding presentation had been tweaked to add a little more mainstream appeal and/or incentive for continued play through the inclusion of hidden content or even a goal-based career mode, though, Ingenious might've been that much more intriguing."

Pros: Easy to learn, hard to master. Solid rule set. Anyone can play.

Cons: No-frills presentation. Lacks a career mode. Light on extras. Can get repetitious.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Ingenious

Something different today... This is a very solid game. Just doesn't have the flash and bonus features some people want.

That sounds ingenious! hehe

Does anyone know when a cheaper version of Dire Grove is coming out? I don't want to pay $20 for the collector's edition.

All Big Fish is saying is early December... but with the Collector's Edition selling so well, I wouldn't be surprised if they postpone it a little...

Gamezebo review:

"Chic Boutique is a solid and accessible game for fans of the match-three style. The fact that the goal is on achieving a certain score instead of simply playing until there are no more moves left is an interesting twist that simultaneously gets rid of one kind of tension (the nail-biting question of "will this move be my last?") and substitutes it for another ("oh no, I'm running out of time!") The Clikits theme targets girls directly, but the game should appeal to everyone. So even if pink LEGO bracelets aren't your thing, consider giving Chic Boutique a try!"

Pros: More than 100 shop upgrades; Gentle challenge curve

Cons: Slightly clumsy menus; Gets a bit repetitive

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click here for Gamezebo's review of LEGO Chic Boutique

Gamezebo review:

"On the whole, er, hole, Fairway Solitaire offers a unique golfing theme applied to a very simple solitaire card game. It gets kudos for originality. Golfing fans will have a few chuckles, and even non-golfers will enjoy the new twist on an old classic."

Pros: Interesting golf theme. Easy to play. Good audio. Additional outfits help character.

Cons: Only one type of solitaire game is offered. Limited mini games.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars Player rating 4.5 out of 5

Read the full review here:

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Fairway Solitaire

Big Fish ran this game back in August, and they have had it for free in the past, but if you missed it those times, get it now. Fairway Solitaire is a great game and well worth $2.99. It is basically the solitaire game Golf with lots of bells and whistles but it is really fun.

[quote name='SaucyWenchette']That sounds ingenious! hehe

Does anyone know when a cheaper version of Dire Grove is coming out? I don't want to pay $20 for the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

The standard version is out now if you're a Club member. If not, it will be available Saturday morning around 3AM eastern time.

Fashion Rush - A time management game where you create your own clothing collection. It even has an interactive love story.

Click here for Fashion Rush

Use Coupon Code: FAS299RUSH

Gamezebo review:

"Fashion Rush's play will be instantly familiar to anyone who's enjoyed titles like Turbo Subs or Diner Dash. Fantastic - not particularly. Memorable - survey says no. But a great way to pass a few afternoons if you're the sort who can spend hours getting lost in the racks of your local high-end clothier or outlet mall? Bet your stiletto heels on it."

Pros: Ambience. Storyline. Graphics. Mini-Games. Character Animation. Learning curves.

Cons: Design quirks. No chaining bonuses. Easy to make errant clicks. Customers take too long to order.

Click here to read Gamezebo's review of Fashion Dash

[quote name='Zbornak']The standard version is out now if you're a Club member. If not, it will be available Saturday morning around 3AM eastern time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've been waiting for this one!

Gamezebo review:

"Blood Ties is a run of the mill hidden object game that veterans of the genre will be able to finish in a couple of hours. However, people who prefer their hidden object games without mini-games or other diversions might appreciate the fact that Blood Ties offers a "pure" and uninterrupted seek-and-find experience."

Pros: Pure seek-and-find for people who don't like mini-games in hidden object games.

Cons: Names can refer to more than one item. Short length. Generic and dated scenery. Shallow story.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Blood Ties

Here's another game they ran back in August during the Tool Bar sale. If you missed it then and want it for $2.99 here's your chance. It's got vampires, ghosts,zombies, which is unusual for these types of games. It's okay, but there are better hidden object games out there.

For a GREAT hidden object adventure, I would recommend:

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Standard Edition

Gamezebo review:

"The story is superficial and not terribly compelling and, as mentioned before, doesn't incorporate either of the film's big stars. Not too difficult or hard on the eyes, Righteous Kill might provide a few solid hours of entertainment for players who aren't too familiar with hidden object games, but genre veterans will likely grow impatient with the game's lack of depth."

Pros: Voice-overs. Mini-games. Ample hints.

Cons: Items repeat too much. Short and easy. So-so story. Bland locations. No personality or flair.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Righteous Kill

Today we have another repeat from August's Tool Bar sale. If you missed it then, here's your second chance now. Righteous Kill isn't the greatest HOG around but you may want to play it if you are planning to play the superior sequel, Righteous Kill 2: Revenge Of The Poet Killer.

Gamezebo review:

"Considering that the classic game that it's based on is literally centuries of years old, at face value, you'd think it would be hard for Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 to innovate on a winning formula. Thankfully, you'd also be wrong, as the popular series strikes gold yet again in its latest installment, which offers more tile-matching, treasure-hunting fun for enthusiasts of all types."

Pros: Gorgeous tile sets. Collectible artifacts. User-friendliness. Background music. Pearl-spending mechanic

Cons: Plot hiccups. Slow moving. Won't win over genre holdouts.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2

Gamezebo review:

"Whether or not you've played the board game, strategy lovers will no doubt be very impressed with Funkitron's Blokus World Tour. The game is fun, challenging and offers many game modes to keep things fresh even after multiple plays. Hopefully the game makers will add Internet play in a sequel."

Pros: Faithful to the popular board game. Multiple game modes. Many fun opponents in tour mode.

Cons: No Internet play.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Blokus World Tour

Chicken Chase - Feeling clucky? If you can solve a series of missions, you will earn enough money to upgrade the farm little by little. Raise your brood, hatch the eggs, and keep the ravens from stealing your chickens.

Click here for Chicken Chase

Use Coupon Code: 299CHICK

Gamezebo review:

"If 'twitch' games are for you - you know, where fast reflexes and quick hand-eye coordination is key - then Chicken Chase a refreshing take on the "whack a mole" formula. Some gamers, however, may crave a more cognitive, slower-paced puzzle game instead. While the game offers many types of chickens, eggs and upgrades, be aware it only offers one mode. That said, Chicken Chase is a recommended download that is both fun and amusing. "

Pros: Quirky concept; cute graphics and sound; store, upgrades and mini-games add to the value

Cons: Requires fast finger instead of fast thinking; only one game mode

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Chicken Chase

Here's another repeat from the Toolbar sale back in August...

I played it awhile back and thought it was pretty funny. It is a massive clickfest where you will be clicking as fast as you can at times, matching egg colors to chicken colors etc. It's a great stress reliever game. Good game to get your frustrations out.

bread's done
Back