Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no Gamezebo review of this game. Not their usual genre I guess. On Reflexive, the player reviews were very good, saying it is one of the better brick-buster, Arkanoid type games out there. Has 105 levels, too.

Fun game! There's been a lot of good stuff on here lately. Glad to see a breakout game. Incrediball is a good one, too.

Again, no review is available from Gamezebo. I played it a long time ago. Good graphics, decent gameplay. A little dry, but not bad. Considering how few word games are coming out these days, this might be a good add to your collection at this price. Not as good as Bookworm Adventures, of course...

Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Kitten Sanctuary - A cute little kitten raising game that involves tile matching and alien abductions. For real.

Click here for Kitten Sanctuary

Use Coupon Code: 299KITTEN

Gamezebo review:

"Kitten Sanctuary is one of those games that manages to be cute and fluffy, yet has a lot more going on under the surface. I have to admit, when I first glanced over the cartoonish 2D graphics and game description, I initially expected it would be simple and geared towards children. I was very surprised, however, at the amount of detail added. While it's very simple to play, there are many ways to make large combos and use your power-ups. This versatility makes it a good family game, especially if you're looking for one to share with your kids or grandkids."

Pros: Cute kitten animations. Good length. Fun music and premise. Simple rules.

Cons: Average graphics. Easy to beat, with limited obstacles.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Kitten Sanctuary

They've been offering some great games so far this month, and this one is no exception (Liking both match-3 games & cats helps). I've already filled my card for the month.

Gamezebo review:

"The gameplay of Adventures of Robinson Crusoe is a typical blend of hidden object challenges, mini-games, and inventory puzzles where you must pick up an item then use it somewhere else in the scene to reveal the final items on your list. Sometimes the list of items to find are random, and other times the list is themed: for example, you might be asked to find “all the hand-held weapons.""

Pros: Nice variety of mini-games. Some clever puzzles. Interesting scenes and story. Good graphics and sound.

Cons: On the short side. Tasks don't always make sense in context.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe

Gamezebo review:

"Whether you’re a loyal hidden-object fan or mildly interested one who wants to experience one of the best the genre has to offer, don’t hesitate to download the highly-polished Hidden Expedition: Amazon for an adventure you won’t soon forget."

Pros: Highly enjoyable and challenging gameplay. Many fun mini-games. Extraordinary production values including gorgeous environments and great music.

Cons: Only one game mode. Most objects have nothing to do with story.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Hidden Expedition: Amazon

I really can't recommend this game strongly enough. It is simply fantastic. If you haven't tried a hidden object game before, this is a terrific place to start. One of the best!

Home Sweet Home - A fun home decorating game. First in the series. Followed by two sequels and a WiiWare version.

Click here for Home Sweet Home

Use Coupon Code: H299HOME

Gamezebo review:

"Considering that money earned playing at any of three distinct difficulty levels can be spent outfitting your own house ad naseum, and collectible pictures taken of these creations (you also get photos of any clients' houses you've worked on) saved in a constantly-expanding portfolio, what's not to like? The sort of title that just know is destined for great things, and makes you proud to be a casual gamer, we're confident that Home Sweet Home will provide a suitably chic accent to any desktop or portable computer."

Pros: Novel concept. User interface. Multiple play styles. Hundreds of furnishings. Charismatic presentation. Endless design potential. Feels like an interactive TV show.

Cons: Can place certain objects unrealistically. Tools can be hard to select. Finished workers run back to inconvenient positions. Various minor $$$$les.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Home Sweet Home

Gamezebo review:

"Mahjong World doesn't add anything wildly different to the basic formula - no power-up tiles, exotic locations, story elements or multiplayer modes - but what it does offer is highly-polished classic game with many board shapes, tile sets and collectible tiles, and a high-score board, all of which should please fans of the genre."

Pros: A very relaxing Mahjong game. Many levels and tile sets. Attractive graphics and music. Can download new content. Can compete in points and time against others online.

Cons: Doesn't really add anything different to the genre. Many Mahjong games on the market. Only one game mode.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Mahjong World

Gamezebo review:

"For fans of card games and Mah Jong, however, Solitaire Cruise might be enough to satisfy. It's ideal for short bursts of play, and the main mode is worth playing again to unlock the second set of layouts - something that involves strategically using up all the stockpile cards in addition to clearing the playing field and as a result is much harder to do. In my first casual play-through, I had unlocked only 17% of what the game had to offer, which vouches for its replayability factor."

Pros: Interesting card patterns. Many levels to unlock.

Cons: Patterns can be disorienting. Not very original concept. Too easy at times.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Solitaire Cruise

Gamezebo review:

"While The Sims Carnival Bumper Blast is a deviation from the hidden object and time management games of late, after playing through 30 or 40 levels I couldn't help feel like the game merely hovered somewhere above mediocrity. Unlike many other games you just can't put down, I didn't have much of a problem exiting to the main menu and leaving.

"As alluded to above, besides a Sims face inside the bumper, this title has nothing to do with The Sims. I mean, nothing. I could ask rhetorically why EA would put "The Sims" in the title but I'm sure it's a branding thing, capitalizing on The Sims success. But it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and as a result comes off as a shameless milking of the franchise."

Pros: Easy to pick up. Many levels and special items keep things interesting. Can unlock bonus levels by playing well.

Cons: Gameplay is so-so. Has nothing to do with The Sims.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of The Sims Carnival: BumperBlast

Carnival Mania - Build your own carnival with rides, games and vendors. A casual take on the Roller Coaster Tycoon genre.

Click here for Carnival Mania

Use Coupon Code: DDCARNIVAL

Gamezebo review:

"Funny thing about so-called “tycoon” games: Hardcore business simulations at heart, apart from their surroundings (zoos, hospitals, malls, etc.) and candy-colored window dressing, there’s often very little casual about them. In a happy turn though, Carnival Mania – which, like retail pioneers RollerCoaster Tycoon and Theme Park, challenges you to build your own fairground – actually does simplify play mechanics to heighten mainstream accessibility. However, due to several design quirks and a plodding pace, it does little to expand the genre’s reach beyond existing fans, and may alternately bore and frustrate non-believers to tears."

Pros: Theme. Presentation. Variety of rides and attractions. Intuitive user interface. Lots of little animation.

Cons: Gets tough quick. Too much downtime. Not so mindful of beginners. Grab bag of design quirk.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Carnival Mania

Gamezebo review:

"It's hard to shake the feeling that Hidden Secrets: The Nightmare is an attempt to cash in on the popularity of Azada by creating something that is similar in so many ways. The story, however, is an admirable attempt at tackling a more mature theme that's a departure from the love stories and mystery-lites of most casual games - even though I saw the ending coming a mile away."

Pros: Can play mini-games separately. Unusual mature story. Creepy music and voice-acted dialog.

Cons: Too many puzzles. Harsh penalties for "wrong" clicking. Some obscure puzzle solutions. Predictable ending.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Hidden Secrets: The Nightmare

If this seems too familiar, it is. Big Fish ran this game in the sale in late January, too. You would think with 1000+ games in their catalog, they wouldn't repeat so often. It is a decent point and click game so if you missed it before and want it at a good price, get it this time around.

Gamezebo review:

"Straight from the annals of Greek mythology, Neptune's Secret recounts the tale of warring gods, a lost civilization, a mysterious amulet and a modern-day gal on a quest to unravel it all. Told through a comic-style presentation, the narrative sets the stage for an undersea, hidden-object adventure with greater depth and more puzzle-solving elements than you can shake a squid at."

Pros: Gorgeous graphics and atmospheric audio. Multi-tiered levels. Nicely integrated story. Enjoyable puzzles.

Cons: Contemporary images in an ancient setting. Story ends abruptly.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Neptune's Secret

Yeah, bummer. I bought this back in January when it was the 2.99 deal of the day. It's a fun Match 3 game and well worth 2.99, if you're looking for another one.

Thanks for posting these every day, Otty Ott!

Strangely, there is no review of this game anywhere that I can find. Must be an older game. It has nice graphics and tons of levels if you like Mahjong. There's a gameplay video on the Big Fish link.

Gamezebo review:

"While Treasures of the Deep doesn't really bring anything new to the table, it's certainly one of the more frenetic games to come out of the Breakout tradition. It's as fast-paced and fun on level 100 as it is on level 1... a bragging point that not all brick-breaking games can claim."

Pros: Cool 3-D playing field; Stacked blocks are satisfying to smash; Fast-paced and fun gameplay.

Cons: Beginners might be overwhelmed; Ball hard to keep track of in a busy screen; Not overly innovative.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Treasures Of The Deep

[quote name='Otty Ott']Gamezebo review:... Stacked blocks are satisfying to smash[/QUOTE]

I've got the retail version of Treasures and can doubly agree with this statement. There's a very satisfying destructive feeling to it.

Gamezebo review:

"Big Kahuna Reef is a fun match-three game with many great looking, replayable levels and a cute theme that doesn't get annoying. Plus, the screen saver mode is a nice addition, not to mention the nearly endless supply of downloadable, user-created levels. It's definitely worth a download, though pay attention to the click and the tide when playing, otherwise you might be unexpectedly swept out to sea."

Pros: A creative treatment to an otherwise straightforward match-three game; Sea-inspired levels look great; Hundreds of free, gamer-created levels are available online or you can create your own.

Cons: Levels with several angled areas and too many obstacles can be more frustrating that fun; Level editor is not very intuitive and lacks instructions, tutorial or support.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Big Kahuna Reef

I hope it's not inappropriate to mention that Amazon sometimes has Big Kahuna Reef as a free download.

That's true, they do. Amazon bought out Reflexive, the company that developed Big Kahuna Reef, and that game is often used as an incentive to try out Amazon's casual game service.

Personally, I think Big Kahuna Reef is a good game, but the sequel, Big Kahuna Reef 2: Chain Reaction, is so much better. To me, it would be worth spending the extra to get the sequel. The addition of the bombs to the sequel make it a lot more fun.

Airport Mania: First Flight - A fun time management game. Get planes landed, refueled, loaded and back in the air at a frantic airport.

Click here for Airport Mania

Use Coupon Code: AIRPORT299

Gamezebo review:

"Airport Mania: First Flight is to be commended its fresh approach to the time management genre. Juggling a bunch of aircraft instead of a single waitress, hairstylist or babysitter is an innovation that is both fun and frenetic and works very well - at least when it's in such capable hands."

Pros: Cool upgrades. Innovative setting and concept. Fast-paced click management gameplay. Solid game mechanics.

Cons: Hard to differentiate between certain aircraft types. Graphics functional but a bit bland.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Airport Mania:First Flight

[quote name='Pissa']It's really fun![/QUOTE]

+1

Would get it if I didn't already have it from Amazon (I'd prefer it from BFG, anyway).

bread's done
Back