Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"Pattern-matching puzzler Azkend's chief innovation isn't its haunting atmosphere, lilting Far Eastern soundtrack or even admittedly gorgeous presentation. (Although they are major pluses, elevating the title to that elite rank of games you can tell received the royal treatment when it comes to both manpower and production values.) Rather, it's the way in which the outing buffs and polishes an oft-explored formula to an undeniably brilliant shine, proving that even the most cliched design conventions can still be used to tremendous effect, if given the proper time and tender loving care."

Pros: Storyline. Graphics and soundtrack. Lightning bolt mechanic. Selection of talismans. Choose your own bonus. Picture-hunting mini-games. Survival mode option.

Cons: Solo campaign over too soon. Won't challenge veterans. Tends towards repetition.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Azkend

Gamezebo did not review the original Magic Match. On Amazon, it has an average customer review of 4.5 out of 5 stars.

I have played this game extensively. It is one of my all time favorite casual games. I've played it all the way through at least 3 times. I love it. It is a match 3 game, but plays very differently than what you are used to. It has a silly storyline with some really really bad cheesy songs. They are so bad they are hysterical. Once you finish the game you can restart it on a more challenging difficulty level with new obstacles and such on each level.

I highly recommend this one. I like it better than the 2 sequels, too. Those lost a little bit of the funny charm of the first.

Another older game today. Egyptian Ball was not reviewed by Gamezebo. It is a 3D brickbuster similar to Magic Ball and many others.

On iWin, it had an average player review of 3.5 stars out of 5.

Gamezebo review:

"Minor complaints aside, fans of these kinds of games will no doubt find this to download to be of the best in the genre. Its pick-up-and-play accessibility, beautiful presentation, engaging story and great puzzles all make Agatha Christie: Peril at End House perfect for armchair sleuths."

Pros: One of the finer examples of seek-and-find games. Great story. Unique puzzles per environment. Mini-games keep the game-play fresh. Collectible clue cards. Attractive visuals and great music.

Cons: Some items are hard to see or misleading.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Agatha Christie: Peril At End House

Gamezebo review:

"Defenders of Law: The Rosendale Case is a pleasant play and does a nice job of giving reason to what sometimes feels like purposeless searching in other HOGs. It's just too bad it isn't a bit longer and doesn't offer more of a challenge."

Pros: Clever narrative gives plausible context to HOG play. Random case generator changes the plot in each new game. Objects have realistic proportions and are sensibly located. Nice hand-drawn art.

Cons: Too easy for veteran HOG players. Short (about two hours per case). Court dialogue scenes offer no challenge. Bonus matching game is an exercise in tedium.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Defenders of Law: The Rosendale Case

Gamezebo review:

"Players who bought Dream Day Wedding might find it really doesn't offer anything different than its predecessor. Overall, however, fans of seek-and-find games should get a lot out of Dream Day Honeymoon as it is a very good - and good-looking - casual download (and with enjoyable Hawaiian-themed music). And at the risk of stereotyping, women especially should enjoy the story, mini-games and choose-your-own-adventure elements (as did my wife, while playing this game on an entire 4-hour flight). While not perfect, it should easily satisfy fans of the genre."

Pros: Good spin on seek-and-find games. Choose-your-own-adventure elements. Attractive graphics.

Cons: Very similar to predecessor. Some items very tricky to find.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Dream Day Honeymoon

There is no review of Puzzle Mania on Gamezebo. On Reflexive, however, the game got an average player rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It appears it is actually like an inlay game with the puzzle pieces coming down the side and you have to grab them and find where they fit in the jigsaw.

Gamezebo review:

"The verdict: The Mystery of the Crystal Portal is a good, though not stellar, hidden object game whose laid back set of rules is sure to provide a relaxing experience free of the stress of time limits and penalties for random clicking or using up hints."

Pros: No item repetition. Items make sense in context of scene. Pretty panoramas.

Cons: Discrepancies in sequence of events. Hints don't reveal containers. Random clicking to find containers. Abrupt ending.

Click to read Gamezebo's review of The Mystery of the Crystal Portal

There is no review of Baby Drive on Gamezebo. Gator Gamez gave it 4 out of 5 stars. There was no printed review, however. You can always download the trial first before buying it if you think it looks interesting.

I can't find any reviews of Story Of Fairy Place. It is one of Big Fish's earlier games. They seem to be running a lot of really old games this past week. Here is the description of the game:

Story of Fairy Place is an amazing butterfly matching game where you flutter in a world of fairytales and magic. Gain power in order to help the charming fairy in her puzzling predicament. Help her rebuild her beautiful dreamlike house by matching wonderfully rendered butterflies in this one of kind Match 3 game. Travel through 7 stages and conquer 73 levels.

• 73 colorful levels.
  • 7 exciting stages.
  • Easy and fun game play.

Gamezebo review:

"Am I the only one who thinks it would also be neat to see a fashion game where fashion sense actually counted for something? Satisfashion isn't quite as satisfying as it could be, but it does allow the player to develop a strategy, and it does have some original game play elements. The make-up portion of the game is a nice touch. It would be cool to see a sequel that made clearer distinctions between clothing styles (like JoJo's Fashion Show), with greater choices, and more obvious differences in seasonal pieces."

Pros: Original addition of make-up to the fashion theme. Opportunity to form a strategy.

Cons: Directions are sometimes unclear. Limited clothing and style choices. Fashion theme is commonly done. Similar to Jojo's Fashion Show.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Satisfashion

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, though, Dream Day First Home is a charming hidden object game that continues the tradition of stellar storytelling and sweet, humorous touches that were hallmarks of previous Dream Day games. By the same token, there are enough new features to ensure that Dream Day First Home feels more like a continuation of the adventure than just a rehash of the same old thing."

Pros: Interesting branching story. Two houses to complete. Fun homeowner crises. Engaging mini-games. Good graphics and music.

Cons: Item descriptions sometimes too vague.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Dream Day First Home

[quote name='The End']Once again, thank you for your efforts Otty. Just picked up Mystery Of The Crystal Portal.[/QUOTE]

Always one of my favorite threads, Otty [sorry, The End, didn't
mean to bite off your praise above]

Anyone know if there is any difference from the Crystal Portal
coming to PSN for $4.99 next week? I grabbed it from Big Fish
before I learned of the PSN announcement.

James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: A Darker Shade Of Grey - Second in the excellent hidden object/graphic adventure game series.

Click here for Women's Murder Club: A Darker Shade Of Grey

Use Coupon Code: PATTERSON

The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal - A popular hidden object game.

Click here for The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal

Use Coupon Code: CATCH299

Gamezebo review:

"A smart, inventive and thoroughly entertaining game. If you feel like every hidden object game you've played recently is indistinguishable from the one you played before, you'll be thrilled at how refreshingly different A Darker Shade of Grey is. Even if you don't consider yourself a fan of the genre, the mystery and puzzles are more than enough to keep you playing right up to the very end."

Pros: Well-crafted mystery. Nice variety of puzzles. Clever design. Objects make sense within context of the story. Above average production values.

Cons: Too-slow cutscenes. Pointless forensic levels

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Women's Murder Club 2

Gamezebo review:

"Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey is a very different game than its predecessor. If it weren't for the common fish tank theme, it would seem they were completely unrelated. It's not a match-3 game, so match-3 fans and those who enjoyed the original might be disappointed. However, on its own, it's a fun fish tank decorating game with interesting (albeit simple) hidden object game interludes."

Pros: High production values. Gameplay elements are well integrated into the story. Hidden objects are clearly drawn and labeled. Great length.

Cons: Limited, repeating background scenes. Limited fish care involved. Not very challenging.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey

Gamezebo review:

"Galapago is one of the better 3-in-a-row puzzlers to debut in a long while. It's fun, quirky and challenging all rolled into one, and will surely give players their money's worth despite the "me too" game formula that's been explored many times over the past couple of years."

Pros: Fun spin on proven formula; challenging levels; good power-ups; collectible items from the islands.

Cons: Not an original game concept; music isn't memorable.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Galapago

Gamezebo review:

"Jesse grew up not knowing much about her past, so she's excited to receive a letter from the Flux Family promising answers if she'll help them retrieve various historical artifacts by travelling through time with the help of a special device. Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect is the latest casual title to combine hidden object and adventure gameplay, and is certainly fun while it lasts."

Pros: Polished production values. Interesting scenes and puzzles. Well-implemented hints system. Not too stressful. Educational and replay value.

Cons: Borrows concept from Mortimer Beckett. Only 10 historical figures that keep repeating. Vague To Be Continued ending.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars; Player ratings: 4.5 out of 5

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect

There are two pretty good games today. I beta-tested Galapago back in the day. I thought it was pretty fun. It is match three, but it has some twists to the formula and cute graphics.

Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect is a very popular adventure game that has just spawned a sequel. It is very highly regarded. I haven't played either one of them, so I might just pick this one up myself.

Mahjong Match - A tile matching game where piece come on a conveyer belt like in Inlay game.

Click here for Mahjong Match

Use Coupon Code: MAHJONG

Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect - A popular hidden object game.

Click here for Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect

Gamezebo review:

"Mahjong Match, with its unique twists kept me focused and more than matched my expectations. The "snatch and match" style gave the game its own feel, different from other mahjong games, and time pressure and the different tile types added variety and kept me on my toes."

Pros: Innovative and engaging mahjong-style game; nice music and graphics.

Cons: Not well balanced, with easy levels too simple; too slow to become challenging; very tough challenge at the end.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Mahjong Match

Fireworks Extravaganza is an older casual game that has tile inlay style of play that isn't that common these days. think Arctic Quest, Magic Inlay or Mosaic.

Gamezebo does not have a review for the game. On Yahoo games, however, it has an average player rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

Gamezebo review:

"Sprinkle in a few odd bonus mini-game rounds (picture rotating circuits to create electrical conduits and restore the restaurant’s power), and it’s a winning recipe. Just don’t blame us if you’ll need two Tylenol, warm cup of tea and relaxing bath to wind down after playing. Merely more of what fans already know and love, Turbo Fiesta’s highly formulaic, yes, yet also plenty hot and spicy. And, for that matter, all but certain to having you sweating bullets..."

Pros: Crazy speeds. Fiesta mode. Zippy soundtrack. Collectible upgrades. Range of patrons. Bonus mini-games. Seldom a dull moment.

Cons: More of the same. May overwhelm the inexperienced. Few non-cosmetic upgrades. Not the kind of title you’ll want to play before bedtime.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Mahjong Match

Go-Go Gourmet 2: Chef Of The Year - A hidden object game that plays more like Diner Dash. Interesting and fun mixing of the two genres.

Click here for Go-Go Gourmet 2: Chef Of The Year

Use Coupon Code: CHEF299

Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect - A popular hidden object game.

Click here for Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect

Gamezebo review:

"Go-Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year serves up a delicious helping of game styles that’s hard to dismiss. However, do be aware going in, especially if you’re not a veteran keyboard jock. Like the sugar rushes the many cakes and confectionery goods you’ll put together within would surely inspire in real-life, its willy-nilly blend of real-time shucking and strategizing can quickly and woozily go to one’s head."

Pros: Deftly mixes time management and hidden object play. Collectible outfits and bonuses. Storyline. Cartoonish presentation. Range of recipes, including printable options.

Cons: Head rush-inducing pacing. Collision detection issues. Tends to overwhelm the player. Amount and scope of tasks you must simultaneously juggle.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Go-Go Gourmet 2

Gamezebo review:

"Drawn may not be the toughest adventure-oriented game out there, but it's absolutely loaded with style and personality. This goes a long way. The magical world it pulls you into is strangely compelling, and you won't want to leave until you've fully explored every inch of the tower and helped Iris escape. "

Pros: Gorgeous art style. Superb atmosphere. Inventive puzzles.

Cons: Hint system erases much of the difficulty.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Drawn: The Painted Tower

bread's done
Back