S.W.A.T.
Eyes Wide Shut
Barry Lyndon
Return of the Vampire
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
Revenge of Frankenstein
Curse of Frankenstein
Living in Oblivion
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003 remake)
A Man for All Seasons
Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
Tess
Gen-X Cops
The Name of the Rose
There Was a Crooked Man...
Relentless
Ghosts of Mississippi
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Hardcore
Going in Style
The Sunshine Boys
The Butcher Boy
Quick Change
Rumor Has It
Waiting for Guffman
Oh, God!
Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters, and Marvels
The Wind and the Lion
White Hunter, Black Heart
The Narrow Margin

I picked up God Grew Tired of Us a couple of days back. I've been wanting to see this documentary for quite some time. For $3 I jumped on it :)

I can confirm seeing a boatload of new dvds at 2 LA county big lots. Still waiting for the damn video game haul to roll in though. :(

I saw a good portion of those on the list above. A lot of snappers including the kubrick stuff. Picked up Dominion, and Katsuhuro Otomo Presents Memories. That thing is still $20 on amazon. Looked like some promising anime for $3. Would have grabbed the stan lee vid if I had found that one. Almost bit on Joes apartment too.

I finally found a Big Lots with the new stock in Buena Park, CA. Picked up Police Academy, Eyes Wide Shut, Waiting For Guffman, Monty Python's And Now for Something Completely Different... and Walk Hard surprisingly enough. Also saw Cirque Du Solei Quidam, Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters, and Marvels, and Matchstick Men.

[quote name='smashingradioheads']I finally found a Big Lots with the new stock in Buena Park, CA. Picked up Police Academy, Eyes Wide Shut, Waiting For Guffman, Monty Python's And Now for Something Completely Different... and Walk Hard surprisingly enough. Also saw Cirque Du Solei Quidam, Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters, and Marvels, and Matchstick Men.[/quote]

where in buena park? how was their vid game selection?

[quote name='VaultDweller13']I would enjoy a copy of Barry Lyndon for $3. Too bad I'm really far from a Big Lots.[/QUOTE]

Certainly a steal for $3. I paid $20 for the remastered DVD myself. Now I'm hoping for a Blu-Ray release in the future since for cripe sakes most of the Kubrick films are out on Blu (and HD-DVD).

I was at my BL the other day and I also noticed they had a lot of Power Rangers the Movie (So we can all relive our childhood!) and Van Helsing: Long Assignment.

The big lots thread on DVDtalk is one of my favorites, there are so many good deals to have from BL, the list over there is freaking huge too

Hit up a BL up around fullerton, CA. Found one copy of Barry Lyndon and one copy of The Proposition(awesome, awesome movie) which I noticed is not on the DVD Talk master list. Still no luck on finding The City of Lost Children though :(

When you guys found this batch, did they have the back (mainly the barcode area) slashed? That's how I found them to be at one Big Lots here. Sadly, they didn't have any of the movies i wanted, but I'm going to try another location in some days.

Also I saw (and bought) Omega Doom and Ten Little Indians. If you haven't seen Prince of the City I definitely recommend getting it. The transfer isn't the best but it's definitely worth $3.

I dropped by Big Lots today.

Picked up
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within SE (Been wanting to find a cheap copy of that)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury
Katsuhiro Otomo presents Memories
Bullitt (Picked it up since I heard it has one of the best car chases around?)

I thought I did pretty well this time. My Big Lots doesn't usually have much good in the way of movies, or it just gets cleaned out really quick.

Recently I've seen My Man Godfrey popup. I snatched this up. Comes with the colorized version and the original release. It's actually a terrific movie.

For anime people, I hadn't noticed this, but it seems like they're getting Bandai titles in somewhat steady waves. I saw some a month or two ago, then saw a good healthy restock with piqued my interest. Wound up going to six Big Lots or so. Best pickup by far as each of the volumes of Flag for 3.00 a piece. 12.00 for Flag is a great deal.

I haven't watched any yet, no time and I've been sinking a lot of time into Strangers with Candy on Hulu. From what I hear, some people enjoy the unique way the anime is presented-- I guess a lot of it is show through still photographs either through a viewfinder of the protagonist's camera, laptop, etc. Other people find it dull and boring. Maybe someone else can chime in-- either way it seems like an interesting series.

The one by me just got a new shipment in. I picked up: Bugsy(extended cut), Walk Hard, Duel, Godsford Park, Bad Boys 2 and God, The Devil, and Bob. :D good stuff

They have alot of good stuff mixed in with the PC games. I found Freddy vs Jason 2 disc back in october, also, the three stooges funniest moments and Psycho 4 and boogeymen/childs play - $3 each

i always check them because they always put new ones out

I went looking for God, the Devil and Bob at four different Big Lots yesterday and it wasn't anywhere to be seen. =(

Ah well, I guess I'll have to check again later this week.

[quote name='JTHuffy']I saw Smallville Season 7 Blu-Ray for $6 at a Big Lots near me[/QUOTE]

My Big Lots has a few different TV seasons all for $6 each on DVD:

Night Court Season 1
Animaniacs Season 2
Pinky & The Brain Season 2
Dukes Of Hazard Season 5
Nip Tuck Season 1
West Wing Season 5

Pretty good deals if your into these shows.

Aaron

:\ So... I think we should just have an overall "DVDs at Big Lots" thread instead of having separate ones for singles and season sets.

Went a couple of weeks ago and scored Shaft in Africa, best $3 i have ever spent. Also saw the original Shaft, feel ripped off considering i bought it at Frys for $14

While in search of some of those great sets available I've picked up a slew of DVDs too. Over the past 2 weeks I've got:

Meet Bill
God, The Devil and Bob
Lost in Translation
Broken Flowers
Johnny English
Pump Up the volume
EMpire Records
Josie and the Pussycats(mmmmmmm.... Rachel Leigh Cook)
Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind
Art School Confidential
Adaptation

bread's done
Back