Big Lots DVD TV Season Sets Again??

cheapbastard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Didnt see the old Big Lots thread so decided to start a new one. Yesterday I was at my local BL & noticed some new TV seasons that I didnt see b4 so I though Id give u a heads up & maybe some of you will find better stuff than I did. All are from Universal/NBC

Charles in Charge 1st Season $8
Kate & Allie $4
Sliders 4th Season $8

Plus single dvds from SNL, Comedy Central, & NBC movies for i think $3

Oh man... have to check mine out... it's been a long time since I went there [Looks at my Tales from the Crypt Season 2-5 and smiles :whistle2:D ]

Yeah, not the terrific prices they weren't though...
I saw:

Gimme a Break: Season 1 for 4 dollars

Conviction entire series (13 eps) 8 dollars

Law and Order Trial By Jury entire series 8 dollars

I would love to find Sliders, that I'd pay the 8 dollars for. Thanks for the headsup OP.

This dump has been out for a bit there is a good thred on dvdtalk about it.

The best part about the last dump (besides the $10 sets was the both the first batman and superman sets for only $3. maked out every amazon acount i had trading those in. (got about $40 credit.) think i even still have some around.

I stopped today, they had Charles in Charge season 1, Bionic Woman(the remake), Conviction, some generic 500 cartoon set, and a season of the Incredible Hulk(Lou Ferrigno).

All $8, no Sliders at mine.

I only saw one TV set when I checked the closest Big Lots on Friday. I think that store gets picked over very quickly. The other stores are a little farther than I feel like driving to.

[quote name='ttocshsoj']my girlfriend picked up the O.C. season 2 for $6 a couple of days ago[/QUOTE]

Mmmm, Mischa Barton was still in that season, either season 2 or 3 was her lesbian season too, I'm thinking 3 though but I'm not for sure.

[quote name='mission42']Mmmm, Mischa Barton was still in that season, either season 2 or 3 was her lesbian season too, I'm thinking 3 though but I'm not for sure.[/QUOTE]
pretty sure it was season 2. I don't remember watching any of season 3 even though I now have all of them

Thanks OP! Mine had some really interesting classic TV box sets, but nothing I really wanted. McMillan & Wife, McCould, and something else like that. Stuff I never liked back when it was new and surely won't know as it's aged really badly. I doubt anyone under 30 would know these programs as I don't think they've been reran since the 80s.

I did buy Fear Factor Season 1 for $4.00, Kate and Allie 1 for $4.00, and it seemed that they had a new batch of anime in as well, as I found a few titles and I bought a Yu Gi Oh 2 pack for $3.00. Also had the other boxsets that people mentioned here, but no Sliders. I already have Sliders (paid something like $40 new first week it was out) , but I was going to pick up if someone here wanted it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, not the terrific prices they weren't though...
I saw:

Gimme a Break: Season 1 for 4 dollars

Conviction entire series (13 eps) 8 dollars

Law and Order Trial By Jury entire series 8 dollars

I would love to find Sliders, that I'd pay the 8 dollars for. Thanks for the headsup OP.[/QUOTE]

Same sets as mine. There was also some series with Jennifer Garner for $3. No not Alias.....some Party of 5ish show.

Ended up picking up some $3 movies:

Parenthood
Man With 2 Brains/My Blue Heaven Double Feature
The NINeS
Pump Up the Volume
True Stories
Father's Day
Postcards From the Edge

[quote name='ttocshsoj']pretty sure it was season 2. I don't remember watching any of season 3 even though I now have all of them[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm, season 2 with Mischa in her lesbian phase. Very nice.

Snagged Trial By Jury for my mom since she's a Law and Order fan...they also had Criminal Intent season 1 for 8.00 but she already had it.....

No Sliders but I did find Evening With Kevin Smith 2 for 3.00....

Last time they did this i got pinky and the brain volume 1, wacky races complete series and flintstones season 3 all for $3-$6

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']i saw Surface $8 and jeff forworthy $3[/QUOTE]

Surface for $8 would have been awesome, You got ripoffed with Jeff Forworthy.

I saw most of the same titles everyone else saw yesterday, as well as the Best Of Incredible Hulk set with select episodes of the Lou Ferrigno series. I also picked up 2 $3 Dragonball Z Steelbox Movie Sets to flip on eBay.

All I found At mine was the Law and Order Jury Complete and the Giant Box of Cartoons(I Think 600). Was looking for Sliders. But no go.

I've never had any luck with my local Big Lots, but I may take the time to check for the Sliders DVD ...I always loved that show.

Here's some of the 8$ DVD sets at my store:

Sliders S4 (last one went to me)
Surface (terribly boring up until the very end, then it got cancelled apparently)
Incredible Hulk
Conviction (spin off of L&O w/ DA Cabot)
L&O Trial By Jury TCS
L&O Criminal Intent S. 1
Charles in Charge S. 1

There were a few others that slipped my mind. Also: 3$ DVDs of SNL Best of David Spade, Cheri Oteri, and 3 others.

Every single season was 8$ (boo)

Went to some other Big Lots & found some stuff people havent mentioned. Nothing special but oh well. I have been looking for the Gimme a Break S1 $4 but havent seen it. Anybody else see it ?? PM me maybe we can trade for something. One Big Lots still had a ton of Tracy Ulman S1 & S2 in case anybody still needs it as well as one copy of Life Goes On S1 & Drew Carey S1

Beyond the Mat $3
Devil May Cry Vol 2 & 3 $3 each
DBZ 2pk History of Trunks & Bardock Father of Goku $3
Full Metal Alchemist Movie $3
Grosse Pointe Complete Series $4
Legend of Mystical Ninja Vol 2 $3
Hulk Hogan Mr Nanny $3
Rave Master Vol ? $3
Real Housewives of OC S1 $3? $4?
Simon & Simon S1 $8
Stephen King Kingdom Hospital Complete Series $15
Hulk Hogan Surburban Commando $3

I went today to my local one and didn't find anything except a few crappy older dvds for like $4-$6 each and some WWII dvd sets, nothing worth getting.

[quote name='postalpez']This dump has been out for a bit there is a good thred on dvdtalk about it.

The best part about the last dump (besides the $10 sets was the both the first batman and superman sets for only $3. maked out every amazon acount i had trading those in. (got about $40 credit.) think i even still have some around.[/QUOTE]

ahhh

I remember last Summer

bl09.jpg

[quote name='GizmoGC']Grosse Point for $4? Damn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah--quite a steal--I had picked up the two copies they had at my local store to try to trade or give as gifts. I paid about triple that to order it for a gift a little while back from one of Amazon's BOGO on TV DVD--and quite a lot more when I ordered it for myself when it first came out as an Amazon exclusive.

[quote name='xage']ahhh

I remember last Summer

[/QUOTE]

No doubt.. Greatest sale ever. I made so many trips just to find Big Lots stores... I turned a PPG set and the 6 seasons of the original superman around on Ebay and paid for all the other sets I had bought. I just picked up a season 1 Flintstones from Moviestop the other day to finish my set...

The only things I wish I had found were the rest of the cartoon sets. I never saw Hong Kong Phooey or Penelope Pitstop or Johny Quest, etc. That sucked.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Update: 20% off coupon at Big Lots - http://www.biglots.com/coupon/buzzclubcoupon.aspx

Saw Law & Order: Trial by Jury. Picked it up for $6.40 after coupon.

Also saw some big James Bond sets, with roughly 8ish movies in each set for $26.[/QUOTE]

Do I actually need to be a member of the 'Buzz Club' or do I just present this coupon and it will work? Never heard of the Buzz Club...

[quote name='Dahk']Do I actually need to be a member of the 'Buzz Club' or do I just present this coupon and it will work? Never heard of the Buzz Club...[/QUOTE]

Just give them the coupon. They have no clue whether you're actually a member or not (I think I am, but that only means I get periodic e-mails from Big Lots about sales).

bread's done
Back