Big Lots DVDs Round 2.5/3--$10 boxed sets

Querjek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
On a whim, I went into a Big Lots on my drive home from school yesterday to see if they had any $6 TV DVD sets left from the Black Friday sale. They had a few of those and a bunch of $10 sets that I haven't seen in any of the previous sales. I can only remember the two sets that I was interested in getting (The Animation Show vol.1+2 and Early Edition s.1), but go check it out. I'm gonna hit up my local Big Lots later today.

Yeah, I'm still hoping to find a Police Squad DVD set left over from the BF sales. Price is much better than Amazon and anywhere else. RIP Leslie Nielsen

I found season 1 of Jericho And season 2 of Twin Peaks. Is there a list anywhere of what stuff is available? I would love to grab the first season of Twin Peaks.

God, would love for Season 2 of Early Edition to be in there....I want them to release all of those seasons...I hate when they release some and not all seasons....

I went to 2 big lots, one did not have any $10 tv dvds but they had a few melrose place season 1 for $6.

The other big lots had all the tv show dvds including the ones from the bf sale at $10. They had the brady bunch season 2, the new 90210 season 1, 90210 season 6, csi miami, ny the love boat, and 7th heaven season 3. they had some other shows but those are all that i remembered.

[quote name='killa5k7']God, would love for Season 2 of Early Edition to be in there....I want them to release all of those seasons...I hate when they release some and not all seasons....[/QUOTE]
I did see Early Edition season 2, 98% sure. I was considering it until I saw they didn't have season 1.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']I found season 1 of Jericho And season 2 of Twin Peaks. Is there a list anywhere of what stuff is available? I would love to grab the first season of Twin Peaks.[/QUOTE]

Season 1 has been OOP for years. It's very rare, and it doesn't include the pilot. You're better off investing in a Gold Box set, has the complete series and a bunch of extras, as well as the full uncut pilot (US and int'l).

i went last night and here is what i found. they have restocked at least 3 times since bf and each time adding new stuff.
jericho 1 10
joan of arcadia 1 6/10
twin peaks 2 6/10
the complete star trek animated series 10
brotherhood 1 10
beverly hills 90210 3,4 6/10
melrose place 1,2 6/10
the adventures of pete and pete 2 6
sleeper cell 1,2 6/10
mind of mencia 3 10
girlfriends 7 10
csi miami 1 10
jag 3,5 10 (more but i forget specifically which seasons)
cheers 6 10 (more but i forget specifically which seasons)
woody woodpecker movies 2 10 (this is a collection of movies that were shown on the big screen back in the day i believe.)
cleaner 1 6/10
csi ny multiple seasons 10
and many many more i cant remember

Thanks for posting a list Animal. Looks like I'll be stopping at Big Lots this week for some last minute xmas gifts.

Crazy question.
Annual charity event is just around the corner.
Mom asked me to try and find a copy of A Christmas Story DVD to go with a donated puzzle about the same movie. This is the movie with the BB gun...

Anyhoo, any Big Lots shoppers here remember seeing this title?

I know, it's a long shot but the best price I've found is Amazon $11 shipped and it most likely will not raise much more, if that, at the silent auction...

Thanks for the read!

and if someone has an absolute minty copy that they would trade...please pm me what you might consider in trade...

[quote name='Animal7390']i went last night and here is what i found. they have restocked at least 3 times since bf and each time adding new stuff.
jericho 1 10
joan of arcadia 1 6/10
twin peaks 2 6/10
the complete star trek animated series 10
brotherhood 1 10
beverly hills 90210 3,4 6/10
melrose place 1,2 6/10
the adventures of pete and pete 2 6
sleeper cell 1,2 6/10
mind of mencia 3 10
girlfriends 7 10
csi miami 1 10
jag 3,5 10 (more but i forget specifically which seasons)
cheers 6 10 (more but i forget specifically which seasons)
woody woodpecker movies 2 10 (this is a collection of movies that were shown on the big screen back in the day i believe.)
cleaner 1 6/10
csi ny multiple seasons 10
and many many more i cant remember[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list. Sleeper Cell and Jericho were great shows. I really liked pete and pete when I was little too.

Hmm, I'd be up for the Star Trek Animated Series. There's a 20% off coupon out there if you're a member of their rewards program.

Hmm, I'd be up for the Star Trek Animated Series. There's a 20% off coupon out there if you're a member of their rewards program.

I've found some great stuff, even recently. In the last month I've probably been to 10 or so different Big Lots! Some things not listed here:

-Taxi seasons 1 & 2
-Petticoat Junction season 2
-Tales from the Darkside season 2
-Beauty and the Beast seasons 1-3
-Sister, Sister season 1
-Friday the 13th season 2
-Sabrina the Teenage Witch seasons 1 & 3

Probably more I can't remember. Love Big Lots!

[quote name='gojiboy']I've found some great stuff, even recently. In the last month I've probably been to 10 or so different Big Lots! Some things not listed here:

-Taxi seasons 1 & 2
-Petticoat Junction season 2
-Tales from the Darkside season 2
-Beauty and the Beast seasons 1-3
-Sister, Sister season 1
-Friday the 13th season 2
-Sabrina the Teenage Witch seasons 1 & 3

Probably more I can't remember. Love Big Lots![/QUOTE]

Kind of tempted for TFTDS & FT13th sets... have to check mine out tomorrow :whistle2:D Thankz

I just want to say stock varies GREATLY even in the same city. I've only seen Friday the 13th season 2 at maybe 2 out of 10 stores (south FL and Orlando) and TFTD season 2 in only 1 store. It pays to look around.
Last month I saw a ton of BatB season 1 & 3 at one location in south FL but skipped on them cause I was poor at the time. Now I've only been able to find season 3. And I only have seen 1 ever copy of season 2 at one store in Orlando. It's crazy. I want season 1 & 2!
And just to reiterate it, don't forget the 20% off your purchase coupon, good till the end of Sunday the 30th.

The only thing left at my Big Lots was Medium season 3, some Mind of Mencia's and Jordans Crossing? I think....they were going going for 10 dollars each.

[quote name='51jack']i saw nothing at mine. shame, wanted to get friday the 13th or tales from the darkside[/QUOTE]

I have seen Tales From The Darkside seasons 1 and 2 at TJMaxx and Marshalls for $12.

I saw 7th Heaven Seasons 3 and 8.

I wish they had the other seasons, and I mean that for shows in general. Always annoying to see only scattered middle seasons of something.

I really want to be excited for this, but I passed on season 1 of Jericho and a ton of Twin Peaks season 2 sets. 10 dollars just isn't that inticing for something that would require an outside buy to complete the sets.

I did pick up Season 1 of Upright Citizens Brigade for 5 dollars. That's a good price right there.

[quote name='lombarvm']I have seen Tales From The Darkside seasons 1 and 2 at TJMaxx and Marshalls for $12.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

My nearest Big Lots had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 2003 show) Season 1, Part 1 of 2 (12 episodes) for $3. Bought that and Father of the Pride complete series--tagged at $6 but all $6 dvds were on sale for $4.

At another BL they had Twin Peaks season 2.

bread's done
Back