Big Lots running their $10 video game promotion through the 16th

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Same deal as last year. Doesn't pertain to all video games in the store, there is a seperate display of games that are $10. Last year people (including myself) took notice of this sale because they had Jamba Safari for the Wii available for $10. Big Lots hasn't carried that game since the last sale, and I have no idea if it's included in the sale this year.

Just like last year, there is no online list of the games in this sale. There is a mention of it in their Sunday add, and it has a few pictures of some random games, but no list. Last year, the display in the store had the list actually printed on it, so i'm assuming that's the case again this year. Also, like last year, some stores wont have a display out at all and you'll have to ask the clerk if they have the $10 video games.

This is just a heads up for those interested. Jambo Safari was the gem in this sale last year, I havn't been by to see what's included this year in person. I do know the sunday ad showed Quantum of Solace for 360, so I guess there's at least that. If anybody wants me to try and dig up last year's thread on jambo for reference, let me know.

UPDATE: Here's the official list. Looks like no Jambo Safari or Force Unleashed this year.

[quote name='KemperJones']
:ds:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Chaotic Shadow Warriors
Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings
Spectrobes Beyond the Portals
Vampire Legends: Power of 3

:wii:
Big Foot Collision Course
Game Party 2
Chicken Blaster
Spectrobes Origins
Monster Truck Mayhem
Chicken Shoot
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

:ps2:
Guitar Hero
Hot Wheels: Beat That

:ps3:
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
Hannah Montana: The Movie
Truth or Lies
Pure

:360:
007: Quantum of Solace
Disney G-Force
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
They show on the web site...

:ps3: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (whoops)
:wii: Game Party 2
:360: 007: Quantum of Solace (as mentioned)
:ds: Bakugan

But, it says "Assortment varies by store." Hmm, maybe I'll check it out. Maybe, not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KemperJones']They show on the web site...

:ps3: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010
:wii: Game Party 2
:360: 007: Quantum of Solace (as mentioned)
:ds: Bakugan

But, it says "Assortment varies by store." Hmm, maybe I'll check it out. Maybe, not.[/QUOTE]

They show SvR 2009, not 2010 ;)

Its just a separate display of games that are marked $10, I believe they are $10 all the time at least thats the vibe I got the last time they did this sale. This does not apply to games that are marked other prices, which are the games that you probably want to actually buy.

If I find Just Cause 2 there I'm going to be mad! I just bought that game for $17. Maybe I can get the cheaper copy and just return my current one.

[quote name='kburns10']If I find Just Cause 2 there I'm going to be mad! I just bought that game for $17. Maybe I can get the cheaper copy and just return my current one.[/QUOTE]
Have they ever carried Just Cause 2?
Hopefully we get a list soon. I know they had Marvel Super Hero Squad at one point, which I'd love to have for $10.

This is going to be a big YMMV. The Big Lots near me has a rack of like $10 5-10 year old shitty PC games and nothing more, last time I checked.

Ok, here's the list from the sign. I'm assuming this isn't YMMV, since they had professionally made signs up for the promotion. Personally, I wish I had waited for someone else to make the trip. Nothing for me at all.

I feel I should mention that all the cases on the floor were gutted. It could be based on the area (Joliet, IL), but I'm not sure if they always do that or not.

:ds:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Chaotic Shadow Warriors
Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings
Spectrobes Beyond the Portals

:wii:
Big Foot Collision Course
Game Party 2
Chicken Blaster
Spectrobes Origins
Monster Truck Mayhem
Chicken Shoot
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

:ps2:
Guitar Hero
Hot Wheels: Beat That

:ps3:
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
Hannah Montana: The Movie
Truth or Lies
Pure

:360:
007: Quantum of Solace
Disney G-Force

My suggestion, save yourself the gas.

They not gutted cases, they are display cases. The actual games are behind a counter.

I agree none of the games are great, as to be expected. They sell well to regular folks who know nothing of games, which is pretty much 90% of their customers anyway. I remember seeing a customer saying, wow Wii games $10 dollars! I almost laughed.

[quote name='bjstucker']ehh Pure MIGHT be worth it[/QUOTE]

Yeah its a decent game, some pretty cool tricks but really lame characters. Story mode is none existent and customization only goes so far.

PS3 version has trophy support too, just in case you're a trophy catcher.

Spectrobes for Wii is a really good game but you can probably score a copy on ebay for less than $10 if you are being really cheap.

The real deal at Big Lots is that they carry MANY varieties of Triscuit and Kashi crackers for $1.50 / box.

Walmart they're $3 / box.

Publix they're either $3.50 or $4.00 !, but they have b2g1's from time to time.

Missed out on Jambo Safari last go round. Kinda hoped they would get more in, but it never happened.

[quote name='drawingboard']Have they ever carried Just Cause 2?
Hopefully we get a list soon. I know they had Marvel Super Hero Squad at one point, which I'd love to have for $10.[/QUOTE]

Just Cause 2, Mafia 2 and Kane & Lynch 2 were the newest releases I've seen there, all for 20.88 each and I only ever saw
iconxbox360.gif
versions. I grabbed JC2 and M2 during their last Friends/Family event.

[quote name='KemperJones']
I feel I should mention that all the cases on the floor were gutted. It could be based on the area (Joliet, IL), but I'm not sure if they always do that or not.[/QUOTE]

I figured every Big Lots did this. They keep a display case of the game on the floor and put the sealed copies in a little plastic container/organizer behind the c/s desk.

This makes it tough to find a title if there's not a display case. The stores around me won't check the storage container. They just say "if there's no display box then they don't have it". Always get the impression that the workers find it to be a nuissance to sell games.

I might be in for Pure. I picked up Quantum of Solace for my nephew at BL for $10 around last Christmas. Maybe these are just advertised regular prices?

For those getting Pure on 360, if your near a gamestop it's 6.99 used before any discounts and 12.99 used before any discounts for the combo with lego batman...CAG'S can't resist a 2 for 1 lol

I got Pure last-last Black Friday (pretty sure), pricematched off Best Buy at Walmart for $10.

I loved the game. Happily pay $25 for it anytime. In fact, I kind of want to pull it out and play it tonight...

[quote name='drawingboard']Have they ever carried Just Cause 2?
Hopefully we get a list soon. I know they had Marvel Super Hero Squad at one point, which I'd love to have for $10.[/QUOTE]

My local Big Lots (AZ) had it for 20.88 last time I checked. Idk if it's part of this sale or not, but that's a really good deal for it if so.

[quote name='johnnyhala']The real deal at Big Lots is that they carry MANY varieties of Triscuit and Kashi crackers for $1.50 / box.

Walmart they're $3 / box.

Publix they're either $3.50 or $4.00 !, but they have b2g1's from time to time.[/QUOTE]

They were $2 at my big lots. The family size original triscuits were $1.99 though.

and yes I stepped in to a Big Lots for the first time in forever to look for $1.50 triscuits.

[quote name='bigsexydh']For those getting Pure on 360, if your near a gamestop it's 6.99 used before any discounts and 12.99 used before any discounts for the combo with lego batman...CAG'S can't resist a 2 for 1 lol[/QUOTE]

Pure/Lego Batman
Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones

Two of the best bundles ever. I think I literally paid about $15 for the bundles and all great games.

Hey, the list in the OP is missing the all-important
iconds.gif
Vampire Legends: Power of 3;)

Anyway for those on the hunt, look for a green cardboard stand somewhere on the store floor, usually near the registers. It holds the games and lists the titles that qualify for the sale.

Decided to bite on the Indiana game. Have the Wii version of same name and had an okay time with it so kinda expecting the same thing. Anyone know if the DS version links up with the Wii version?

[quote name='rbarba4']
iconds.gif
Vampire Legends: Power of 3[/QUOTE]

Thanks, added.

Also reminder: today is supposedly the last day of the sale.

Yeah the food at Big Lots is really cheap, the real deals are the foods that are just about to expire but have a few more days or a week left on them. I picked up a whole bunch of cereal last month for 25 cents a box, you can't get that price anywhere. If you have a big family or you finish food quickly then its worth going. It tasted just fine too.

They also have other cheap foods, they are by far the lowest priced store in our area for select food items, and we make sure to hit them before we hit the other stores.

Never been in the big lots near me but I stopped in to check them out, it looked like a flea market threw up. I asked 2 people where the games were and no one knew so I just left.

bread's done
Back