Big score at EB Games

TheBlueWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I head over to EB Games today after work. Not really looking for anything, having just been there on Monday. Anyway, I ask the manager (who I know pretty well), if he has a copy of Suikoden 2. I've asked this before and usually been laughed at.

Today, however, he goes, yep! He takes me into the back where they keep the games that you have to ask for (its their stash). He hands me over a mint copy of Suikoden 2. He's also got Suikoden 1 and a bunch of other rare PS1 rpg's. I take the copy of both Suikodens, since I have never played either one.

Both are mint. The manuals and discs are in great shape, nearly like new. The boxes are worn, seen a lot of shelf life at someone's house, but hey, you can replace those. The only downside is that the last owner was a smoker, but I really can't complain.

Anyway, apparently someone brought in a whole pile of PS1 rpg's today and I just got lucky. The stack was pretty big, had an Ogre something, Xenogears, Grandia III, Alundra and some others. They guy got $75 in credit for the whole pile. He got ripped, but I'm not complaining.

I might just have to go back and pick up a couple of more. I'm so stoked, even thought I paid a lot, I never get these finds.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']... had an Ogre something...

I might just have to go back and pick up a couple of more. I'm so stoked, even thought I paid a lot, I never get these finds.
[/QUOTE]

Well, either Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre are both kickass games with high resale value. Nice deal!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']"Every villan has a plan with at least one flaw."

Including typos!

*Villain[/QUOTE]

I use that sig here and a couple of other sites....you're the first to catch it.

TBW

i thought the ogre battle and tactics ogre games were garbage, and i would not say that either one has particularly good resale value(tho i think tactics will maybe fetch $40 or so on ebay) but eb prices on those games are too high imo

still a good score on the suikoden 2

How much did you pay?

I got lucky and pricematched Suikoden II at Toys R Us (Suidoken II was 40$ at the time and Suikoden I was 12.99 (ad had Suikoden II pic and Suikoden I price. :D

Nice score! I would have totally picked up:
[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Grandia III,[/QUOTE]
I mean, that game's not even going to be out for months! Must be some super secret ultra mega triple dog dare edition only released through boxes of Cocoa Krisps and through the Salvation Army network of man-eating slugs. Like fo' sho'.

suikoden 1 and 2 rock. Good job. Enjoy them and play them much. They're worth more than ebaying.

he hasn't responded yet on how much he payed.

you know he payed like 70 bux a piece for suikodens lolol. jk........or am i?

I'm guessing he means Grandia Xtreme, since it was technically the third Grandia game released stateside... or maybe Grandia II on DC (which is an excellent game IMO)

Grandia = PS1/Saturn
Grandia II = DC/PS2
Grandia Xtreme = PS2
Grandia III = Not yet released

Pretty sure he meant Grandia...if they were all PS1 games.

EB's have a secret stash? I'd love to ask for a Suikoden around here but I traded in Hot Shots Golf a few months ago and the guy said that's the first time they've ever seen it since all they ever get are sports titles and crap. Kind of irrelevant, but that was a damn fun game.

[quote name='TimPV3']EB's have a secret stash? I'd love to ask for a Suikoden around here but I traded in Hot Shots Golf a few months ago and the guy said that's the first time they've ever seen it since all they ever get are sports titles and crap. Kind of irrelevant, but that was a damn fun game.[/QUOTE]
I think its generally what the employees would like to keep for themselves, not sure what their policies are for that (i.e., why they wouldn't just buy them instead of stashing them). That's how I got SoM and Chrono Trigger for 50% off. But he volunteered rather than requiring me to ask about anything.

To answer the several inquiries, they were $49.99 for Suikdoen II and $39.99 for Suikoden. With 10% for the Edge card off and no sales tax here in New Hampshire, I walked out for $80.98.

Since I've never played either one and I hear that they both are great games, I figured why not? Being in great shape (other than a smoker owning them) was a plus too.

As for the Grandia, I really don't know which one it was. I didn't want to spend too much time considering the others since I was dropping the cash for the Suikodens. I'll probably kick myself later for skipping them, but it would have been too much at one shot.

TBW

[quote name='TimPV3']EB's have a secret stash? I'd love to ask for a Suikoden around here but I traded in Hot Shots Golf a few months ago and the guy said that's the first time they've ever seen it since all they ever get are sports titles and crap. Kind of irrelevant, but that was a damn fun game.[/QUOTE]

My personal opinion is that all game stores have a "stash", either for the purpose of not having rare older games on the shelf or keeping stuff back for the employees.

My Gamestop won't fess up, but I'm pretty sure that they have a good collection of items behind the counter. The EB Games will sell whatever they have, you just have to ask for it. Hell, I was considering Xenogears, but another employee that was there wanted it, but the manager told him he'd sell it to whoever was willing to pay first. My EB Games kicks ass....its too bad that they have to join the crap that is Gamestop.

There is abolutely no way that having them be one company will be good for gamers. They have no competition anywhere in town where I live, so how is that good for the consumer?

bread's done
Back