BIG YMMV: Yoshi's Island DS 18.88 at Target

jrt1138

CAGiversary!
You might not want to go out of your way for this one, BUT... I was at the Super Target in Apple Valley, Minnesota today and they had Yoshi's Island DS for $18.88. It was listed as an "instant price match" (or something like that) on the shelf tag, which was blue and white. It was a replacement for the Spyro game that was in the Sunday ad that had sold out. The tag said it would ring up at the register automatically.

I think they also were replacing Magical Starsign for one of the other games in the ad that had sold out (maybe Avatar), but that I'm not positive about. They had lots of rainchecks on the shelf for the other DS games in the ad this week. I guess a lot of people got a new DS for Christmas.

Like me!:applause:

This happens when an on-sale item sells out at Target. They take another item similar (i.e. platform game) and make it the same price. That way, they help stop people from leaving empty handed. Of course, you can also get a rain check and in the past, Target has been lenient with rain checks in that they just become a general coupon for that percentage off any game.

[quote name='Felder71']in the past, Target has been lenient with rain checks in that they just become a general coupon for that percentage off any game.[/QUOTE]
Those were the good days. You can get games for over 50% off easily. However people abuse it and now it doesnt work for over 30 something %

[quote name='jrt1138']You might not want to go out of your way for this one, BUT... I was at the Super Target in Apple Valley, Minnesota today [/QUOTE]

Why don't people just post in their local "Regional" CAG deals board for YMMV things like this. I don't understand why this is relevant to the rest of us. Not a big deal, just seems like common sense to me.

[quote name='Felder71']This happens when an on-sale item sells out at Target. They take another item similar (i.e. platform game) and make it the same price. That way, they help stop people from leaving empty handed. Of course, you can also get a rain check and in the past, Target has been lenient with rain checks in that they just become a general coupon for that percentage off any game.[/QUOTE]
So if I go into Target, and they are out of an advertised game, do they have to have another similar item on sale?

[quote name='6669']So if I go into Target, and they are out of an advertised game, do they have to have another similar item on sale?[/quote]

I think usually they just do rainchecks. I've never seen something like this in any Target I frequent...just rainchecks.

[quote name='lawdood']I think usually they just do rainchecks. I've never seen something like this in any Target I frequent...just rainchecks.[/QUOTE]
Oh, ok. I dont think I've ever seen them make something else on sale because of that.

[quote name='6669']So if I go into Target, and they are out of an advertised game, do they have to have another similar item on sale?[/QUOTE]

No, they don't... I've seen both at certain target's. I remember when Drawn Together Season 1 had JUST come out, Target had a South Park set on sale, were sold and instead offered this huge discount on Drawn Together, I think it ended up being $11 for the set.

At another Target, they were sold out of SP, and just offered a raincheck for the SP.

[quote name='Roufuss']No, they don't... I've seen both at certain target's. I remember when Drawn Together Season 1 had JUST come out, Target had a South Park set on sale, were sold and instead offered this huge discount on Drawn Together, I think it ended up being $11 for the set.

At another Target, they were sold out of SP, and just offered a raincheck for the SP.[/QUOTE]
Aw, so some Targets do it, and others dont. That sucks, they should make it a store policy for all stores, or something.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Great price, but that's one DAMN hard and frustrating game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking forward to it, but I hate games that get frustrating (ie Sonic Rush, Super Princess Peach, etc.)

[quote name='Cmosfm']Great price, but that's one DAMN hard and frustrating game.[/QUOTE]

Must be why my son does not want to play it...

[quote name='heybtbm']Why don't people just post in their local "Regional" CAG deals board for YMMV things like this. I don't understand why this is relevant to the rest of us. Not a big deal, just seems like common sense to me.[/quote]
I thought about posting in the regional board, but I thought there was a possibility this might be a more wide-spread deal. I just wanted to let as many people know as possible. I figured it's worth a look if you were planning on going to Target anyway for something else.

My Target does this too sometimes, subbing for a game that's out. Kind of cool, especially if they also let you get a raincheck!

[quote name='6669']Aw, so some Targets do it, and others dont. That sucks, they should make it a store policy for all stores, or something.[/QUOTE]
that what they used to do, you can use the raincheck to get a substitute item with the same % off. I remember getting a raincheck for a 50% of game during black Friday a few years ago and got some other in stock games for 50% off. However people abused it and it does work for items with over 30% discount or something.

obviously it would also be a huge ymmv but when checking my local k-mart for clearance items yesterday they had it for 19.99.

bread's done
Back