Biggest CAG Shopping News 2007

MS's 3-year red ring warranty. A surprising move for MS to do that and hopefully all console manufacturers will do the same for any faulty products in the future.

I'll go with the PS3, tough it still isn't enough to get e to buy one. Until there are games, my wallet stays closed. Not a fanboy thing. I want everyone to win, but so far MS and developers for the 360 are the only ones delivering the games.

Eh...I said the warranty extension, just because I felt it was the single biggest news story and not an ongoing situation, like the Wii shortages.

The Wii still being hard to find was a pretty big story, but since my brother got really lucky, there's already one in the house. My choice is the PS3 price drop, 'cause it increases the likelihood of me getting one.

Although I'm still quite annoyed about the whole having to choose from like 40 different models deal, not to mention the dubious reliability of your chosen SKU being backwards compatible. It would have been 1,000 times more preferable if they'd gotten rid of the stupid Blu-Ray player and made all PS3's backwards compatible. I hardly ever watch movies and don't even have a Hi-Def TV so I couldn't possibly care any less about Robocop being on 9,000p. If, however, I were guaranteed to be able to play all the great games for the PS2 on my Play3. I would absolutely get one.

I'm with Wombat on this one. I get the concept of making a big "Media Center", I'm sure that's really appealing to some, but they should focus first on the GAME aspect of the console and then start adding crap. :roll:

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

Wii' still hard to find. That little baby is unstoppable!

Nintendo loves it because it truly prints money, right along side the Nintendo DS!

I was most affected by the 3 year warrantly announcment. I bought a RRoD 360 with 2 controllers, Gears and Madden 07 for 200 bucks on eBay. The same day the shipment arrives at my door, Microsoft announces the new deal.

This is a tough one! All of them were great, but I voted for Amazon because I have been able to get in on a lot of different deals that made it the best value for me!

Amazon Deal of the Day. Found TONS of great deals (and helped Cheapy support his family simultaneously ^_^). Win-Win for the win!

bread's done
Back