Biggest CAG Shopping News of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's had the greatest effect on my purchase habits? The $20 ESPN games. I bought 2 of 'em, and even chose the ESPN college hoops game over the EA one...although I'll probably pick that one up too eventually.

None of the others mean anything to me. I'll continue to buy EA if the game's worth the money. I rarely purchase enough online to get free shipping. And I've never felt like a 'devil' at BB, and I don't care if they consider me one. Never rent games, either...although I probably should.

The 'demon customer' thing was more amusing than anything else. Acknowledgement at last!

Cheap ESPN sRPs and EA liensing deals have zero effect on my life since you couldn't pay me to play any of the game genres concerned. (Which in fact happened long ago.)

The one thing that actually has had any significance on my shopping is the reduced opportunities for free shipping.

$20 sports games, easy.

Hopefully they'll get increased sales on it to make up for the lower price, then more companies will do it. Not really likely, but I can dream.

"Online Retailers Eliminate Free Shipping (EB, CC, BB) "

wait, when did this happen officially?

i mean, i definetly remember EB starting to charge sales tax for everyone but when i complained about it no one seemed to care, i dont recall an official announcement saying that they had official stopped doing stuff like free shipping? where's the news story for that?

Best Buy's "Devil Customer" Admission

Makes me want to be more devilish than every before with them... of thank God for those gift cards!

I have to go with the EA news. It doesn't bother me as much as other people, but it definitely feels the most significant and makes you wonder about the future of gaming.

EA's NFL Exclusivity Deal most likely means that I will have to buy from EA and play EA NFL sim games eventhough I was with SEGA the past few seasons(better gameplay by far IMO). I have to have the real teams, players, stadiums, etc. when I play a sim sports game and since EA is the only choice now, I will have to play their games the next few years.

You know I really think the $20 ESPN games affect CAGs the most. First, because I picked up a few of their $20 games and they're stellar if you're fans of the sports. Second, it caused serious competition and led to EA dropping their prices a little, and I think was a catalyst for EA's most recent predatory dekumuvas. So when you look at it that way, Sega's ESPN Sports pricing has a profound effect on CAGs.

I voted for the elimination of free shipping since to me that most reflects the term "shopping news" and has been in force for a good part of the past year......Now I don't buy as much stuff b/c of that....

The EA exclusivity deal, since that means i'll be boycotting EA games, even if NBA Street 3 has mario and crew.

still wanan know when the sites "officially" eliminated free shipping, wasnt is generally just a special coupon offer anyway?

For me, it has to be EA's monopoly -- err... exclusivity deal with the NFL, which kind of offset my excitement at the $20 ESPN title news.

gotta go with the EA/NFL deal...looks like I'm not getting a football game next year...Sega sports was the one for me

the end of free shipping really hurt me the most, it was because of this that I would shop more online than at the retail store and bought alot more too. Now I am more choosey about what to get online and off.

dont mean to be a badger here, but when was this decision about no more free shipping synonymous? hadnt is always been in the form of a periodical coupon or special anyway?

was there some big announcement about it? or did they just stop occasionally having free shipping coupons?

i know gamestop still has that freeshipall coupon for media mail that they keep valid seeminlgy forever.

I went Devil. It's not often a company comes right out and says 'Even though these customers are honest and using our policies, we will do our best to make sure they don't shop with us.' [obviously I don't mind him calling out the actual crooks.]

I vote for Online Retailers Eliminating Free Shipping.
I buy alot of my merchandise at GameStop.com now using their freeshipall coupon code. Free shipping and no sales tax.

yeah but if gamestop still has it then online retailers didnt official eliminate freeshipping, isnt it just a couple sties not offering free shipping coupons as much?

[quote name='spincut']still wanan know when the sites "officially" eliminated free shipping, wasnt is generally just a special coupon offer anyway?[/quote]

No it wasn't necessarily official from all sites. But last year at this time, all the major game sites had free shipping on everything. Best Buy I believe was the first to eliminate this, followed not to long after by EB and CC. It all happened around the same time, early last year.

Best Buy's devil customers didn't have that big of impact on my game shopping but it was a striking peice of news, don't really buy football games so that doesn't affect me, but the lack of free shipping at many places makes me reconsider often.

really? i dont remember getting a free shipping option from the likes of EB. i always had to find a coupon available.

what i DO remember is how they suddenly decided to start taxing everyone because they marged the website with their stores, just so they could offer in store pickup, a pretty stupid feature to do that for considering the reason i generally order online.

i actually remember i first posted about it here but no one really cared, wich surprised me....any true CAG would despise being Taxed if they previously werent.......especially when it's sacraficed to be given the option to "go to the store" and buy the item you just bought from the convenience of a computer.

The EA/NFL news is probably the biggest and most infamous story this year. Some would wonder how this affects shopping, and the reason is obvious, EA eliminated competition, the competition who was selling a high-quality NFL game for $20 and actually making a dent in EA's market share. How EA could just eliminate competition like that just plain sucks.

On a side note, it also realy sucks that online retailers eliminated the free shipping. Why else would we have bought from them online (especially places like Gamestop where you also don't have to pay sales tax)?

see that's what i'm trying to see, Gamestop still has free shipping through a coupon with no expiration date, as far as i can tell places like EB never had a free shipping option but an infrequent coupon for free shipping.

What they did do was make the change (wich i think you're mistaking with gamestop wich has changed nothing) where they merged the store and website and charge everyone everywhere tax for ordering online just so they could add the useless in store pickup option-THAT was EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back