Biggest CAG Shopping News

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Voting is now open for Biggest CAG Shopping News.
What was the biggest news in 2005 that affected (or will effect) your game shopping habbits?

Please vote using the polling system above.

Nominees
:
$60 Xbox 360 Titles
EB/GameStop Merger
Reprints of Rare Titles from GameQuestDirect
Two Xbox 360 SKUs (Premium/Core)
Xbox 360 Launch Madness (eBay profiteering, unfufilled pre-orders, etc)

Ditto, learning about this website from a friend. I can't believe I paid full price for a majority of my games. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I agree; this site. Finally, after seeing the site mentioned everywhere and then signing up...it's easily been one of the greatest upgrade to a gamer's life.

Beyond CAG...

I'd say the GameStop/EB merger.

The Exclusive Sports Game Licensing Extravaganza at the beginning of the year! Take-Two and EA screwed millions of gamers out of their favorite sports series.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Exclusive Sports Game Licensing Extravaganza at the beginning of the year! Take-Two and EA screwed millions of gamers out of their favorite sports series.[/QUOTE]That was actually at the end of 2004 and was nominated last year (the NFL deal).

[quote name='CheapyD']That was actually at the end of 2004 and was nominated last year (the NFL deal).[/QUOTE]
Really? How about the continuation of it, like the MLB Exclusivity and the NBA and NHL not going exclusive at all?

I guess I'll add the Hot Coffee debacle and the ensuing ban of the sale of violent games to kids in many states across the country and even into Congress. That could probably include Jack Thompson as well.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Xbox 360 having Premium/Core SKUs

....and how about the unveiling of the Revolution controller.[/QUOTE]

agreed

[quote name='lordopus99']Launch day for Xbox 360 i.e. Theft, EBay overflow,...[/QUOTE]

Second. This should be the winner by far. Insanity.

When were the exclusivity deals for NFL and MLB games announced? EA got rights to the NFL and and Take-Two got MLB. I think at least the MLB deal was this year, so I'll go with that.

[quote name='the ender']Simple. This website. I can never again see myself paying $50 for a game. Ever. In life. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop used to be my 1 and only place for games. I was lost, then was found :)! Seriously I almost tripled my game collection in a few days for the same price of a couple new games from Gamestop.

Here's my nomination:

The anticipated increase in new game prices that the Xbox 360 has started, and the rise of the used game market.

We may be looking at another game industry collapse if new game sales tumble in the face of increased used game sales. What would be the incentive for developers to make games if only a fraction of gamers buy them at full price and the rest just recirculate them used? It's got me a little worried.

The 360 launch. It showed the importance of reserving consoles ASAP, as well as how bad it can get when it comes to console launchs. I'm scared to death of the PS3 launch.

ebgames/gamestop merger, after working for both companies and being in the business for more than 17 years, I never thought it would happen.

EB games/Gamestop merger has my vote. probably effects us CAG's the most since EB games has always given CAG's special treatment with our own coupons. Hopefully that won't stop.

That's a tough one, but the Xbox 360 launch madness was something that I was monitoring every day for a week or two. Even made the national news so it has my vote.

The launch day for XBox 360 was defientetly one of the biggest shopping news I've seen! That was a surprising month.

the 360 fiasco was the biggest and most hilarious event to watch. made me that much happier i didn't pre-order/attempt to purchase a 360.

360 launch didn't effect me too much (although it was crazy). These fucking $60 games were enough for me to start renting games again though. Yeesh!

I'd say the EB/GS merger just because I work for EB (come on two wek notice...come to an end already!). I was so scared that we would have to use GS' POS system

[quote name='vietgurl']I'd say the EB/GS merger just because I work for EB (come on two wek notice...come to an end already!). I was so scared that we would have to use GS' POS system[/QUOTE]
Deffinitely, this probably lead to the nose dive in the quality of the morning eb update

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back