Biggest NBA trade ever

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Im not a pistons fan, but why wont they be a menace next year? Also, why don't you think the spurs can win two in a row?[/QUOTE]

Two words: Flip Saunders. If he can't win with Garnett, Spreewell and Cassell, he's not going to win in Detroit. He's just not that good of a coach. As for the Spurs, I'm gonna say it's 50/50. They haven't repeated the last two times they've won the championship, so maybe a bit of pressure will put them over the top.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Two words: Flip Saunders. If he can't win with Garnett, Spreewell and Cassell, he's not going to win in Detroit. He's just not that good of a coach. As for the Spurs, I'm gonna say it's 50/50. They haven't repeated the last two times they've won the championship, so maybe a bit of pressure will put them over the top.[/QUOTE]

Flip wasnt the problem with T'pups last year. It was players like Hudson, Spree and Cassell.
The year before the pups were the best team in the wild west and Garnet went on to be MVP.
Flip did the exact same thing the next year but the players had to cause problems.

So... Indy gets that guy from Lithuania

Miami gets... Walker, J-Will and Posey, basically for Eddie Jones

and Detroit has gotten Flip Saunders

:whistle2:k hmm Joe D better look into signing one of the remaining free agents to help our bench out.

Face it. Miami got the most out of this trade. I realized that White Chocolate was also part of this trade after my last post. While J-Will is streaky, I think he's going to be a much more consistent player now that he's matured and has a Vet in his corner (a.k.a Shaq). Miami is the team to beat this year.

I'm also disappointed about losing Eddie Jones. A class act all around, from what I've seen and heard. Last year's Heat team had so much good chemistry that I'm afraid to see how the new team gels together. I'm also worried about the lack of 3 point shooters in that starting 5 (Walker doesn't really count).

I do suppose it will be entertaining to watch a decent passer at the point feeding Wade and Shaq.

The real question here is: What the hell is Jerry West doing in Memphis?

He had a great young nucleus, and really about 10+ guys that could contribute on the team, and now he ships off Wells, Williams and Posey for Bobby Jackson and Eddie Jones, wtf? Bobby and Eddie are good players, but they're both past their prime, and definitely are not good compensation for the younger players West shipped out. I know Bonzi was going one way or another, but still, Jerry West was supposedly a genious GM, and he can't get anything more than the injury crippled shell of Bobby Jackson for him?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']The real question here is: What the hell is Jerry West doing in Memphis?

He had a great young nucleus, and really about 10+ guys that could contribute on the team, and now he ships off Wells, Williams and Posey for Bobby Jackson and Eddie Jones, wtf? Bobby and Eddie are good players, but they're both past their prime, and definitely are not good compensation for the younger players West shipped out. I know Bonzi was going one way or another, but still, Jerry West was supposedly a genious GM, and he can't get anything more than the injury crippled shell of Bobby Jackson for him?[/QUOTE]

Using a 12 man rotation with everyone playing the same amount of minutes isn't going to cut it -- that's what Jerry West found out.

The team was nothing but first round fodder. Every year, they scratch and claw for the playoffs only to get destroyed in the 1st round. That was as far as they could go with that team.

He's going conventional now...Addition by subtraction. They would be wise to make Gasol their go to guy and build around him. He's the closest thing to a franchise player that they have.

i love it. utah got ostertag. didn't he used to be on their team? It looks like they were in it just to feel special. Like the last kid picked, ostertag was traded. "I don't want him, but Come on Ostertag, get over here." He scrambles over there and falls on his face.

bread's done
Back