Biggest Video Game World

horns456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Elder Scrolls II Daggerfall is the biggest video game world ever. That makes WoW look tiny.

Large Image
314beb230922b5a.jpg

http://wecravegames.com/forums/imagehosting/314beb230922b5a.jpg

But which one feels the biggest? Any Horde player knows that the Barrens seems larger than all other video game worlds combined.

EDIT - Awesome picture though. I'm stunned that Oblivion is bigger than GTA : SA.

EDIT again - Also, that WoW map left out the expansion packs. Each of them has another continent about the size of either of the original continents so as of whenever Wrath of the Lich King came out, it's actually about twice as big as what is listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, I was rather surprised by how small GTA III is, and how large Far Cry 2 is, otherwise it's mostly what I expected. The list on the right though is nuts... I knew fuel was big but had no clue something like Daggerfall was so huge. I'd have to imagine that Daggerfull is large but largely empty, I mean that was a very early 3D game so I doubt it was a robust kind of world.

I'm going to take a guess and say that they're going by what the dev's have estimated the square footage at.

I'd be curious also which one takes the longest to cross. Obviously the Elder Scrolls games would probably be up there. Because, you know, no cars.

Wow, LotRO's world is 375 times bigger than WoW's? Also, that's only half of Far Cry 2's map, that's the northern district, the southern district is the same size.

Ahh Daggerfall. What a great memory. I loved telling it to travel, then being attacked and having to fight, then travel again. Fight. Travel. Ahh. Such good times.

bread's done
Back