Bing cashback - no more ebay but Target 10%

bravedog

CAG Veteran
My 60GB PS3 YLOD'd, so I have been trying to find a good deal on a new one. I tried Bing cashback for Ebay's 8%, but it looks like the Ebay cashback is dead for now, as the usual search terms won't pull it up and it's not listed as one of their stores anymore.

However, interestingly, I did a search for "xbox" and "wii" and I was able to generate a target.com link on the right side of the page. When followed, it gives you 10% cash back, which is better than nothing, I suppose.

I am still waiting for a great deal on the PS3. I wish my PS3 had YLOD'd before Black Friday...

I personally would send it back to Sony. I think it's something like $120 to fix it, which is a lot less than a new PS3 even with discounts.

[quote name='saix_xiii']i personally would send it back to sony. I think it's something like $120 to fix it, which is a lot less than a new ps3 even with discounts.[/quote]

$140

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I personally would send it back to Sony. I think it's something like $120 to fix it, which is a lot less than a new PS3 even with discounts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kaydigi']$140[/QUOTE]

Out of warranty service is $150.

[quote name='hpv']Out of warranty service is $150.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is going on with 60gig systems that they keep getting YLOD?

Mine is still going strong. Actually it's gotten stronger because it froze a couple times the week I got it three years ago, but ever since it's been going strong and doesn't get as hot or loud anymore.

Don't forget tax etc. I think it's like $160 after everything to send to Sony...

60 GB are the earlier models / launch date. Newer ones like the 80 GB and PS3 slim are less likely because Sony made modifications so that the hard drive doesn't overheat, which causes YLOD in the process.

Unit is 2 years old. Repair is $150 and includes a 90 day warranty. I figure that it's better to get a slim that comes with a 1 year warranty and a new controller if I can find one for only an additional $100.

All 60 GB appear to YLOD after 2-3 years. If fans blow loud immediately after turning on then the YLOD is imminent.

^

They give you a refurbished PS3. I'd rather just buy a slim (already bought one from BF package deal). I guess if you're alright with paying Sony and getting a refurbished one instead of buying a new PS3 (slim) and/or fixing your YLOD, then go for it.

[quote name='bravedog']Unit is 2 years old. Repair is $150 and includes a 90 day warranty. I figure that it's better to get a slim that comes with a 1 year warranty and a new controller if I can find one for only an additional $100.

All 60 GB appear to YLOD after 2-3 years. If fans blow loud immediately after turning on then the YLOD is imminent.[/QUOTE]Mine's been going for 2.5 years without any issue. Running like a champ.

been running my 7200 RPM 320GB in my 60GB system since launch and i put it under alot of heavy duty gaming (Like 72 straight for Cross edge)

[quote name='qwerty1']ebay cashback isnt dead, i have no problem pulling up the link.[/QUOTE]

It was dead yesterday, but its back up at 8% now.

bread's done
Back