Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Just to give some people hope with the phone number thing.I have had 5 accounts (one for every one in my family) for about one year and all are the same home address and phone number.We use the same pc for all the accounts and have had no problems.We have now redeemed a couple Amazon gift card now by the same phone number and we have not had a problem yet.I will let you guys know if anything changes and they ban an account over the phone number.

Just to give some people hope with the phone number thing.I have had 5 accounts (one for every one in my family) for about one year and all are the same home address and phone number.We use the same pc for all the accounts and have had no problems.We have now redeemed a couple Amazon gift card now by the same phone number and we have not had a problem yet.I will let you guys know if anything changes and they ban an account over the phone number.

Thank you for the update... I've been holding off on spending my points because of this lol still might for a little bit (don't HAVE to get more GCs right now)

I had to enter my phone number to redeem again today. When I got the text I typed the code and it didn't work- then I got four more code!

I typed the most recent code and that worked. But now I keep getting more verification texts from them! I'm up to 12 total. 

If you're planning on redeeming today, maybe hold off- unless you want a good laugh.

Yeah I'm trying to redeem right now and it is saying Sorry we cant complete this order. Please make sure your entering a mobile phone number

which is the same number I have used before go figure

they try to block people outside the US (like me). They can detect if I am using a real mobile phone or not. So I cannot use an US text message service online. I am already looking for a workaround.

are bing points frozen for anyone else? they wont go up for me when I do the searches.
I sometimes have problems with searches. Some days only searches using images only count. Also, sometimes the mobile searches don't count at all for any type of search. Seems to mosty happen on those double credit days.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link dvfaa.

had to install chrome but it is working. used foxyproxy for an US IP and the other app for mobile verification.

Tried using the same cell as last time to redeem and it's not working. Getting the "Sorry..." msg. This is getting ridiculous.

To update people on my earlier post.I have reached my first problem.I redeemed a Amazon $5 on 5/18/14 using my home phone number which is a land line and has been my number listed on my account since I signed up.Then when I went to redeem another yesterday it gives me this message

Sorry, we can't complete this order. Please make sure you're entering a mobile number or non-VoIP home or work phone.

I think this was the first of my family's accounts that tried to redeem a second time using the new phone code process.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully done two redemption using the new phone code process and using the same number?

To update people on my earlier post.I have reached my first problem.I redeemed a Amazon $5 on 5/18/14 using my home phone number which is a land line and has been my number listed on my account since I signed up.Then when I went to redeem another yesterday it gives me this message
Sorry, we can't complete this order. Please make sure you're entering a mobile number or non-VoIP home or work phone.
I think this was the first of my family's accounts that tried to redeem a second time using the new phone code process.
I was wondering if anyone has successfully done two redemption using the new phone code process and using the same number?
I haven't yet but I (should) have enough points by tomorrow on two accounts so I'll give you guys a shout

Actually I went ahead and redeemed a sweepstakes and it worked fine.. And I also forgot but I redeemed something on another account but with that number

Is anyone else having trouble redeeming the 100 credits from the Skype promo? For the past few days everytime I try to redeem my code it says the page is unavailable.   :wall:

*edit* Fixed by using Chrome browser. :D/

Bing sent me a bugged 3 amazon code... Amazon cs gave me 3 promo code but bing support a joke...
Bing's CS over the past few days has been weird and they seem to be having problems with Amazon gift cards.

I cashed out for a $5 Amazon gift card thursday morning, but never got within that 24 hour period. Emailed them friday morning and was told their tech team(?) is looking into it. Got another email saturday afternoon basically saying the same thing. Although I finally got the gift card code later that night.

Strangely the last two gift cards had text verification, but this recent one didn't.

Text verification isn't working for me nor is trying to redeem through Chrome. Tried the mobile app and it also asks for verification.

I figured that verification would be a one time deal. I got a $3 card last month and another one today and they had to call again. I can barely bother to keep up with the promotion to begin with as IE has started running like complete ass.

Also, I attempted K7 (that I used to set up gmail) but MS seems to have blocked it.

well f***.

Back to square one. Anyone use the same number for multiple accounts and hasn't been banned?
So far I haven't been banned. I have four accounts and I have redeemed 6 amazon gift cards so far. I have one ordered and waiting for it to come in my e-mail and I will redeem my eighth one after I get my seventh one.

I can't redeem for anything anymore, either. No matter what phone number I use so I emailed support let's see what they say. I've used 4 accounts for the longest time, no problems just getting the same error as others "

Sorry, we can't complete this order. Please make sure you're entering a mobile number or non-VoIP home or work phone."

I redeemed an Amazon gc two days ago and still haven't received it, anyone get one successfully this week?
Having the same problem over here. I redeemed one two days ago as well and it still hasn't arrived. I have another account with more than 475 points that I'm holding out on until my amazon gc comes.

Well, I figured out the problem on my own. Bing rewards support are not too knowledgeable and just do copy+paste scripts. When I was checking it, it would ask for a phone number to verify a code in order to redeem what I had chosen ($5 microsoft credit). What I did was put in someone else's phone number that I know and had them give me the microsoft security code then it worked. So i'm guessing they are now blocking each phone number after a certain amount of times used for redemption. Oh well, it was a good run..

I claimed an Amazon gift card yesterday without any problems.  This was the third time since they started asking for a number to send a text to.  The first two times they wanted a number this time I didn't have to provide one.

They wanted to stop the rampant abuse of the game tbh
So last 2000 points you i did in a very long time from was abuse it took me forever. Time is money they wasted mine no i manually search only and i dont do each day. They need to mention you are wasting your time not just steal are time and work we did. The way they are doing stuff is why ms stinks. I guess there laying off console bans a bit so they need to screw people on something else.

Just ban the abusers not steal money like i said time is money.

bread's done
Back