Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

I am earning credits but it won't let me redeem.

It's been like this for a week and a half.

What can I do to change it?
This has been happening to me the last two days. I only have four accounts and have never had an issue.

Now, just a few seconds after an order, it returns my points and says DECLINED. Even happens on sweepstakes entries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever win the free scratch off? I won 59 credits the other day and they sent an email with a promo code but it only gave 15 points even though it states 50.

Support is never anybhelp either. The said 50 points were deposited the day before but that makes no sense because i didnt see a jump and why would they deposit 50 and then send me a promo code?

I hate their support. I contacted them a few times when i would do searches and then 70 points woukd just vanish as im searching just to never return.

How does entering the contests work with Bing Rewards points?

Can you enter the contest as many times as you want as long as you have the available amount of points and all those entries count towards winning whatever prize?

Or does only one entry count and then they let you sit and pour points into the contest for absolutely no reason?

When I won 100 bing points they sent me an email like a week and a half later with the code which was for 100 points like they said.

Seems like a lot of people are having problems, I haven't used bing rewards in about a year and I had to verify my phone number. Hopefully when I redeem, it will go through. 

They should just bring back club.live.com

Since, you know, NOBODY overkilled that site for stuff.

473827 360 controllers later...

Just curious, any way to get my phone to appear as a PC to get credit for those searches?
I think most phone browsers have an option somewhere to "view desktop/full version of website". I use three different browsers for my phone accounts, and all three of them have that option. Doing searches while viewing the desktop version of Bing let's me earn the desktop points.

transmitting rage to M$

one of my accounts was hit, no points, cancelled order.

The good part is that it was my 15 point account which I expected to die but knowing my shit luck my other accounts may end up dead too since I contacted support. If they don't I'll avoid making orders but again my shit luck. Can't wait to start my troll days on M$ forums!

they sent me a list of reasons as to why my account is dead but as with others experience no exact reason.

Says my accounts are closed but my remaining ones are still open so like ignignokt I'm going to say f*** you to M$ with my hands and not order anything for a while, possibly digitally transmitting rage later.

lol it takes over 15 searches for 1 point but says 3 per 1 bugged been like this for over a week. bing is meh search engine lol

damn, 1 out of 4 accounts was hit.  And it was the one earning 30 pts PC search per day.  And I just hit 470pts the other day too.  Debating on whether to contact MS or not...Probably not.  Why couldn't it have been one of the other 3 accounts with only 15 pts per PC search!

Guys, the ToS doesn't mean shit. Bing can and will close your account for any reason they see fit.
And this is why no one (seriously) uses Bing.

You can tell it's run by people who don't understand what they're up against with Google. If they did understand, they'd never close anyone's account, thereby risking losing the (now angry) primary user and anyone else that person comes in contact with.

And this is why no one (seriously) uses Bing.

You can tell it's run by people who don't understand what they're up against with Google. If they did understand, they'd never close anyone's account, thereby risking losing the (now angry) primary user and anyone else that person comes in contact with.
Last time I checked google doesn't give you anything for using their search engine. If they close your account is for a reason. The entitlement in some folks...

Last time I checked google doesn't give you anything for using their search engine. If they close your account is for a reason. The entitlement in some folks...
You know that many people are having their accounts closed for no reason, right? That doesn't equate to entitlement, that says the people who operate Bing share a common quality with you: inane idiocy. The post below articulates my feelings so..so well:

It's like you don't even bother reading the posts you quote.

Looks like another round of ban hammers is striking. I got one earlier today.

Looks like my accounts get about 18 months before the kill them off.

1. You know that many people are having their accounts closed for no reason, right? 2. That doesn't equate to entitlement, that says the people who operate Bing share a common quality with you: inane idiocy.
1. And you know that bing can close accounts at any time for no reason if they please, right?

2. It is entitlement. People bitch and complain when one or two out of their 10 accounts gets closed. Cry me a fucking river. You call bing idiots, yet you keep visiting their site getting points and gift cards. Complaining about the hand that feeds... makes total sense.

You remind me of the entitled idiots who cried and bitched when Best Buy closed their Facebook page that was giving out $5 gift cards when it was abused. The bitching was massive when Best Buy announced they were closing the program (instead of thanking them) and yet here we are again.

1. And you know that bing can close accounts at any time for no reason if they please, right?

2. It is entitlement. People bitch and complain when one or two out of their 10 accounts gets closed. Cry me a fucking river. You call bing idiots, yet you keep visiting their site getting points and gift cards. Complaining about the hand that feeds... makes total sense.

You remind me of the entitled idiots who cried and bitched when Best Buy closed their Facebook page that was giving out $5 gift cards when it was abused. The bitching was massive when Best Buy announced they were closing the program (instead of thanking them) and yet here we are again.
*facepalm* you don't get it...I give up. You win. Hope you feel good about yourself.

This whole thing started because you told someone not to have 4 accounts because it's against the rules. Several people posted info that says otherwise.  You don't even bother refuting it, you just moved onto your next tirade about how google doesn't give you free stuff, which is 100% irrelevant to bing closing down accounts for random reasons (and they are random).

Don't give up. Come on, give me your best comeback. Give me a good rationale on bing's idiocy and how they are not supposed to close accounts.
I don't really need to say anything else--except that you read other posts in this thread from users with ONE account who were shut down. Why would Bing shut down the one account a user has? Your repeated refusal to respond to the posts in this thread from users who had their only account shut down with no explanation leads me to believe you are trolling. Your own lack of rationale is appalling. Do you work for Microsoft or Bing? That's the only explanation that makes sense to me..no one would be defending this kind of business practice otherwise.

I don't really need to say anything else--except that you read other posts in this thread from users with ONE account who were shut down. 1. Why would Bing shut down the one account a user has? 2. Your repeated refusal to respond to the posts in this thread from users who had their only account shut down with no explanation leads me to believe you are trolling. 3. Your own lack of rationale is appalling. 4. Do you work for Microsoft or Bing? That's the only explanation that makes sense to me..no one would be defending this kind of business practice otherwise.
1. Because they can close accounts at any time, why is that so hard to understand? It happened to my wife and she only had 1 account. Does it suck? yes, but it is within their rights to do so since it is in the terms and conditions.

2. Look at #1

3. Elaborate. I have given you my rationale a couple of times now (Bing can do whatever the fuck they want and they can close the program at any time if they want). Is that clear enough for you?

4. No

This program is not going to last forever and it will end one day. Yes it is awesome they give out stuff right now, yes it sucks when they close your account (whether it is your only one, or one out of 10). Reality is, they give you free shit, thank them because they don't have to (google does not give you anything, yahoo doesn't either, you get the point... right?). If they close your account, well tough luck (leave bing and go to google if it pisses you off that much). It is their business, and they can do as they please.

In reality, I am surprised they still have free stuff since this promotion has been going on for years now.

bread's done
Back