Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Adampro123, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:
Those are the exact same amounts you get from Swagbucks a day for maxing out all the apps, Doing the daily poll question, having the tool bar installed and doing the daily NOSO.

SWAGBUCKS:

Day: 1.30

Week: 9.10

Month: 39.00

Year: 474.50
I don't want to derail the thread, but could you explain the process for maxing out the apps? I don't even know what this is referring to. And how long does it take?

I don't want to derail the thread, but could you explain the process for maxing out the apps? I don't even know what this is referring to. And how long does it take?
Swagbucks has 6 android apps you can run that plays short videos. After it plays a certain amount of videos you get Swagbucks. I'm not sure how long it'll take to max the apps but i run them on 2 phones and get them done in half a day or less. Here are the apps and what they earn a day.

SBTV: 36

Lifestylz: 18

EntertaiNow: 18

MovieCl.ips: 18

IndyMusic: 18

Sportly: 18

Adampro123, on 18 Dec 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:
Swagbucks has 6 android apps you can run that plays short videos. After it plays a certain amount of videos you get Swagbucks. I'm not sure how long it'll take to max the apps but i run them on 2 phones and get them done in half a day or less. Here are the apps and what they earn a day.

SBTV: 36

Lifestylz: 18

EntertaiNow: 18

MovieCl.ips: 18

IndyMusic: 18

Sportly: 18
Thanks for the explanation, but half a day for ~$1? That's just no good. I only have iOS devices anyway.

Might as well change this to the rewards points thread.  Looks like Bing is getting worse as from what I have read over the past few pages now dropped everyone to 15 points.  I thought gold were able to get 30, 60, or 90.  They have also over the past year to 2 years started to ban accounts when they met the 5 per house hold limit.  I had them maxed and decided to just stop.  I have 2 accounts, but only use one.  

Swagbucks has also taken a big hit.  Before the overhaul of their app one could play the comedy videos and get the 50 points really quick.  I'd load it up before work and just let them play.  By the time I had to leave a half hour had past after I mixed out.  Now only videos with the app that I seem to get points for are the travel videos.  Now that the app has been dropped to 36 points a day and the travel videos taking longer it seems to take forever.  One good thing is they seem to have fixed it.  I no longer have an ad that comes up that I have to press or just the random blank screen that causes the screen to shutoff.  I only do the videos on the phone and before it was fine, I'd get 5 bucks for amazon.com every 9 days.  I guess that's about every 2 weeks now.  I'll have to give the other video apps a try as well.  

Not sure if I want to go and get 5 phones for the Perk TV.  I'm definitely not going to babysit them and make sure they're still playing videos every 2 hours.  I don't think they would like it at work if I brought in a power strip to plug in 5 phones so I could every 2 hours make sure they're still playing videos.  Also think that I would quickly go over my 5 gigs of tethering that I get on T-Mobile.  

I also run https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.embeepay.mpm&hl=en I do have to at times load it up because it stops working, but that may only be once a week.  You get 20 points a day, 100 points when a survey comes up on your phone and it's 100 points for every dollar in Amazon.com gift cards that are 5 dollars or more. I have received 10 dollars total and have been using it maybe a month and a half.  Unless it's my imagination, but when talking on the phone it seems to give more points.  So if you talk on your phone a lot then you could build up points quick. I mostly text and use data.

I remember trying Zoombucks at one point, but with out an app to run on my phone it just took way to long.  I don't think I even made a dent in points for the lowest amazon gift card.  Has anyone used it?  I just did a search to see if they had an android app,but nothing came up. 

EDIT:  Found a list of the shortest Swagbucks videos for the apps, and I thought I would share it for those that may not have known about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/comments/2dyb6h/swagbucks_app_video_times/

It really has made things a lot faster.  I haven't had the SBTV app running long and I'm already 16 points in.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my bing account shows im signed in and i still get the points when i search but it says im not signed into bing rewards,

anyone else have this problem?

Only issue I had was it didn't seem like the images were 2 for 1.  I could have searched the same thing more than once and didn't notice, but it seemed like it took more than 2 for one point.  After I had 10 points I started counting and I had it at 15 when Bing only showed me at 11. Then did 6 more and Bing only had me at 13.

Yeah I use the perk tv and swagbucks apps, some people think it's too much effort for the money but to me it's pretty easy. I just do other stuff while the videos play and check on it once in a while. 

I've heard of people using an Android emulator called BlueStacks (or something like that) so they can do all the mobile stuff on a PC. ANyone have any success with this? I jumped out of SB right as the glory days ended, but if there was another low/zero maintenance way of doing it again I'd be interested. I made at least $300 using that site.

So my bing account shows im signed in and i still get the points when i search but it says im not signed into bing rewards,

anyone else have this problem?
Yes, that means they have shut down your rewards account.

I've heard of people using an Android emulator called BlueStacks (or something like that) so they can do all the mobile stuff on a PC. ANyone have any success with this? I jumped out of SB right as the glory days ended, but if there was another low/zero maintenance way of doing it again I'd be interested. I made at least $300 using that site.
I've read a few replies saying one might get banned from SB for using bluestacks.

Anyone have an effective method to turn Bing points into Steam cash? Only thing I can think of is Amazon GC to Steam. But it's not easy to find Good prices for Steam cash on Amazon. Hope there might be a better way with Tango or something. Thanks.

Anyone have an effective method to turn Bing points into Steam cash? Only thing I can think of is Amazon GC to Steam. But it's not easy to find Good prices for Steam cash on Amazon. Hope there might be a better way with Tango or something. Thanks.
Use bing rewards to get swagbucks and use swagbucks to get paypal.

Does the 1-month Xbox Live Gold reward let you download Games With Gold games? I'm going to let my Gold expire in a couple months, but I thought if I'm interested in a GWG then the 1-month reward could be a nice option. It'll actually be good for three Xbox 360 GWG games.

Blue Stacks works well the reason people get banned is because the use an ad-blocker so they can skip ads and not have to press the button showing they are still using the program. I used it for a while but I now have several spare phones so I don't need to. If your looking for free easy money give it a try. I have several other easy making money sites etc... if anyone wants to give one a try just ask.

Blue Stacks works well the reason people get banned is because the use an ad-blocker so they can skip ads and not have to press the button showing they are still using the program. I used it for a while but I now have several spare phones so I don't need to. If your looking for free easy money give it a try. I have several other easy making money sites etc... if anyone wants to give one a try just ask.
Which ones do you use?

i make mad cash on perktv with 5 phones at once. almost all games i preorder are free. to bad swagbucks went down the hill. i just let my phones idle on perktv every 1-2 hours a click yes i am there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it took over 2 weeks and they tried to get rid of me this " you violated the TOS which includes such and such" BS, but I told them check again I didn't violate the TOS and finally I have my account back. They also pegged me back down to 15 credits and gave me 50 credits for the trouble they caused(which of course is way less than I would have by now if they hadn't closed my account by mistake).

i make mad cash on perktv with 5 phones at once. almost all games i preorder are free. to bad swagbucks went down the hill. i just let my phones idle on perktv every 1-2 hours a click yes i am there.
That works if you're able to press it. I have a second phone coming and a current phone being used for it. I still use Swag, but it takes all day to hit the top points for the daily bonus. At times I have to exit out of an ad and that will be the entire time I'm running that app. It's not what it once was that's for sure, but it's still worth it I think.

Have you tried checkpoints? I have ran the videos on it, but it takes all day to max out the 100 points. I have read a number of things that can be done, but can't find anything about it in the TOS if it's a violation or not. I have read that you can have unlimited phones per account, one account per phone but unlimited accounts per household and one phone per person per account. It takes too long to build points off of one phone and I have been tempted to just give more than one phone for my account a try. If I get banned I get banned because one dollar over a week wasn't worth it.

all I know is the last rewards code I got from bing for xbox live credits doesn't work

anyone else able to redeem? everytime I try on xbox.com it says error please try the code again

I downloaded an app on my pc that does all the searches and multiple accounts I cant find the site i got it from which is unfortunate 

I'm no longer able to have more than one account.  For some reason all after the first get banned when I redeem my points the second time.  So I just go to images on my account and right click on all of the searches to do my searching.  Last few days it seems to be getting worse as I have to right click on about all of them to get one point.  Each page takes about 10 seconds to load also.  Is anyone else having this same issue with the searching?

Does anyone know if there is a good bingbot program for Linux? Bingr and the other bot linked above sound awesome, but I can't seem to find something similar for Linux.

Or, is there a way to run something like bingr in Linux? I'm pretty new to the Linux OS.

Thanks for the explanation, but half a day for ~$1? That's just no good. I only have iOS devices anyway.
5 phones on perktv i make 5-7 a day just letting them run. Easy not much maintaining. You can make more a day but i am to lazy for tedious methods lol

Looks like it's an official nerf, as my 30 points per day account went down to 15 along with everyone else. Ah well... I'm still making damn easy money using all 5 of my accounts. Between this and doing surveys, I am more than able to fund my gaming habit. So it's all good.
what surveys?

[quote name="NightCat" post="12389257" timestamp="1420561672"]5 phones on perktv i make 5-7 a day just letting them run. Easy not much maintaining. You can make more a day but i am to lazy for tedious methods lol[/quote]

Is there a method to the videos? Like shorter ones to pick? Or just pick and random one and let it go?

Also agree with turning this into a rewards thread where people can ask questions like we have been the past few weeks. I've tried asking in people's referral threads but don't get very detailed responses other than "check out all this sweet loot I've been getting".

My tip would be be for swag bucks:

For SBTV: setting 10 sec tips videos in gardening to your favorites. Then when you launch the app just play your favorite videos for max daily points in about an hour (same goes for lifestylz app)

Might as well change this to the rewards points thread. Looks like Bing is getting worse as from what I have read over the past few pages now dropped everyone to 15 points. I thought gold were able to get 30, 60, or 90. They have also over the past year to 2 years started to ban accounts when they met the 5 per house hold limit. I had them maxed and decided to just stop. I have 2 accounts, but only use one.

Swagbucks has also taken a big hit. Before the overhaul of their app one could play the comedy videos and get the 50 points really quick. I'd load it up before work and just let them play. By the time I had to leave a half hour had past after I mixed out. Now only videos with the app that I seem to get points for are the travel videos. Now that the app has been dropped to 36 points a day and the travel videos taking longer it seems to take forever. One good thing is they seem to have fixed it. I no longer have an ad that comes up that I have to press or just the random blank screen that causes the screen to shutoff. I only do the videos on the phone and before it was fine, I'd get 5 bucks for amazon.com every 9 days. I guess that's about every 2 weeks now. I'll have to give the other video apps a try as well.

Not sure if I want to go and get 5 phones for the Perk TV. I'm definitely not going to babysit them and make sure they're still playing videos every 2 hours. I don't think they would like it at work if I brought in a power strip to plug in 5 phones so I could every 2 hours make sure they're still playing videos. Also think that I would quickly go over my 5 gigs of tethering that I get on T-Mobile.

I also run https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.embeepay.mpm&hl=en I do have to at times load it up because it stops working, but that may only be once a week. You get 20 points a day, 100 points when a survey comes up on your phone and it's 100 points for every dollar in Amazon.com gift cards that are 5 dollars or more. I have received 10 dollars total and have been using it maybe a month and a half. Unless it's my imagination, but when talking on the phone it seems to give more points. So if you talk on your phone a lot then you could build up points quick. I mostly text and use data.

I remember trying Zoombucks at one point, but with out an app to run on my phone it just took way to long. I don't think I even made a dent in points for the lowest amazon gift card. Has anyone used it? I just did a search to see if they had an android app,but nothing came up.

EDIT: Found a list of the shortest Swagbucks videos for the apps, and I thought I would share it for those that may not have known about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/comments/2dyb6h/swagbucks_app_video_times/

It really has made things a lot faster. I haven't had the SBTV app running long and I'm already 16 points in.
I use a 5 usb port that uses 1 outlet

Is there a method to the videos? Like shorter ones to pick? Or just pick and random one and let it go? Also agree with turning this into a rewards thread where people can ask questions like we have been the past few weeks. I've tried asking in people's referral threads but don't get very detailed responses other than "check out all this sweet loot I've been getting". My tip would be be for swag bucks: For SBTV: setting 10 sec tips videos in gardening to your favorites. Then when you launch the app just play your favorite videos for max daily points in about an hour (same goes for lifestylz app)
android pick app trailers win only has movie ones. pop quiz app and perk live tv also few others add perk points. perk live tv people making nice profit too

Navyspheal, on 08 Jan 2015 - 7:37 PM, said:
Probably since they dropped everyone down to 15 credits, no matter your rank or how long you've been a member. If I didn't use a bot I probably woudn't care to do it at all.
I quit in November or so when they killed the four accounts we used in our household, so I never had the chance to even get dropped to 15. I, of course, was using a bot. :)

I wish Bing would just shut down this program. All this talk about your 5 or 10 or 20 accounts and how Microsoft sucks for changing the rules and such. Just shut it down so everyone can go back to praising google for being the best.

I don't think they need to shut it down, but I do think they need to change things.  I admit I had 5 accounts at one time, and all but 2 were just randomly banned.  I think the gold needs to go back to where it was only be consistent with rewards.  Make all gold accounts the same not random.  Also make people show they have more than one person living in the same household.  I have read that people that have actually had more than one person have all but one account banned.  I'm sure the only reason the 2nd one of mine hasn't been banned is because I no longer use it.  I don't think Bing would be used as much as it is if they didn't offer something.  I only use it for the points then go to Google for everything else.

decided to try ordering amazon credit after reading some new tips on how to order (don't do any searches (pc or mobile) or 1 point clicks on any of your accounts, wait 1-2 days before redeeming again) Received my order the same day,

From what I read you have to.  It looks to me like all mine were updated to it and I know the one was because I just got it today.  

None of this applies to IOS but Perk has said you'll be getting an update soon.

• if you had 1.9.7 you were basically forced to update to 1.9.8
  • The 1.9.8 update for Android gets you 2 points per video. Same earning rate.
  • The "Are you still watching" pop-up has been extended to 3 hours.
  • Videos after the update are very slow loading. There doesn't seem to be a solution.
  • The update didn't solve the crashing problem. It actually may be worse.
  • Some users are getting X out ads between videos. They time out after 15 seconds, apparently.
  • Perk offering advice for the Snickers ad freezing is to clear cache on your devices but it does no good.
  • Perk is also saying high end phones will work better. Confirmed not true at all.
  • if you want to downgrade to 1.9.6, Perk has said it is against the rules.

All from this page on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/perktv/comments/2ssad9/recap_of_the_last_days_changes_for_those_that/

I just got another phone today.  I'm now up to 4 including my phone I use everyday.  I also use my everyday phone for SwagBucks other than the music app.  So at some point I will be getting 2 more phones just for Perk.  For me I have only invested about 60 bucks. Twenty Five each for 2 of the phones and 10 for the newest phone and a USB charger.  I have used 36 from Perk, SwagBucks, Mobile Performance Meter and Checkpoints.  I'm no longer using Checkpoints as it took too long to get the points for the videos. I currently have 5 in gift cards in my Amazon.com account with another 5 from SwagBucks on its way.  Also sitting at 50 points less than what's needed for 10 from Perk.  I'm holding off on that to hit the 25 so it costs less.  With what I have spent and what I could earn it still seems worth it to me. However my luck is usually I get all that is needed to have a full farm and then everything goes down hill and it's no longer worth it.  By the time I have 2 more phones purchased with gift cards it could be pointless and Perk could be dead. However right now I feel it's still worth it.

update - after making 3 orders my accounts are still alive. Either bing is done with their ban wave or not doing any point searches on any of my accounts + waiting 2-3 days for next order is working.

Heads up, (dont know if this is everyone situation but here's mine) My main phone did get automatically updated to new Perk Version, but my older phone keeps showing the update now button, but SOOOO not pushing that button lol. Hopefully it will keep strong on the version it has. So any ideas if (because i got 2 phones coming in the mail) we can just download an older version of perk and it work properly?? Or do they prevent you from doing that? Plus if i can, how do you go about getting an older version from playstore when it shows the most recent??

bread's done
Back