Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Go ahead and confirm your phone number. Your phone number isn't the means that Bing uses to ban accounts, so you should be fine. They won't spam you either. I confirmed my phone number and they sent me the code like they were supposed to, for multiple accounts.
forgot to mention im not from us

On the Bing Rewards dashboard I got a message saying I need to verify my account to see my offers. By offers they meant ways to earn credits.

After clicking the link all I had to do was enter a captcha. Not much to it. If you do Bing searches without viewing the dashboard you might want to start checking it to see if you need to do that verification. Before I verified I did two searches, and they didn't count as a credit.

Is the bing trivia quiz causing anyone else problems? Until I take the quiz none of my bing searches register.  Unfortunately yesterday the quiz questions wouldn't show up, and today I've been having the same problem. 

Is the bing trivia quiz causing anyone else problems? Until I take the quiz none of my bing searches register. Unfortunately yesterday the quiz questions wouldn't show up, and today I've been having the same problem.
when quiz questions dont show up keep opening new tabs after new tabs of it, i had to open atleast 10 before questions show up for me, and irrespective of quiz i get search points

I'm not quite sure I understand the new "625 searches in June gets you 10 credits" thing on the dashboard now. They cap your daily searches at 20 that count towards this total, but there's only 30 days in June. So even if you do the max amount per day, the most you can get towards this deal is 600 searches, right (20 searches x 30 days)? So how can you get 625 searches in June?

I mean, it's only 10 credits, so I'm not sweating it. But I'm not sure about their math on this one.

I'm not quite sure I understand the new "625 searches in June gets you 10 credits" thing on the dashboard now. They cap your daily searches at 20 that count towards this total, but there's only 30 days in June. So even if you do the max amount per day, the most you can get towards this deal is 600 searches, right (20 searches x 30 days)? So how can you get 625 searches in June?

I mean, it's only 10 credits, so I'm not sweating it. But I'm not sure about their math on this one.

Its 225 not 625 lol at least for me

525 for me

I'm having the same problem, but mine say 725.With the 20 a day cap, what are they thinking?
I guess the number is just random and you guys had the misfortune of getting an unattainable one. Mine says 325. They might fix yours if you send an email, or they might just fix it themselves if they notice.

Mine is 475, but I think mobile searches count just like pc ones do.

How the hell do you sign out of the new mobile dash board(iOS)?
I'm wondering the same thing. The only option that worked for me was to go into settings, then Safari, and select "clear history and website data". Basically, clear out the cache. It's not ideal, but it works. If anyone finds the way to sign out, that would be most appreciated.

I guess the number is just random and you guys had the misfortune of getting an unattainable one. Mine says 325. They might fix yours if you send an email, or they might just fix it themselves if they notice.
Yeah, I guess this is the case. Bummer. Again, for 10 points I'm not really sweating it much.

How the hell do you sign out of the new mobile dash board(iOS)?
The only thing I'm finding that works (for my Android tablet) is to click the browser page settings and "request desktop site" and then it lets me sign in and out. But in order for the searches to actually count I have to switch back. It's a pain. There was nothing wrong with the way it was before the change.

I was worried that I was stupid or something for not being able to figure out how to sign out of it. I'm glad to know that it's just Bing and not me.

I'm wondering the same thing. The only option that worked for me was to go into settings, then Safari, and select "clear history and website data". Basically, clear out the cache. It's not ideal, but it works. If anyone finds the way to sign out, that would be most appreciated.
This worked for me as well, but it's still a pain to have to do that just to log in/out.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the max being 20 a day I can not possibly do that many seaches in june. also my bingbot no longer gets me pc search credits, guess bing is getting better

I figured it out. When you go to the Bing Rewards dashboard, click your picture above where it says "daily credits" and below your address/information it says "sign out". I don't remember that being there before when I was complaining about it a few days back, but at least it's there now.

I figured it out. When you go to the Bing Rewards dashboard, click your picture above where it says "daily credits" and below your address/information it says "sign out". I don't remember that being there before when I was complaining about it a few days back, but at least it's there now.
Yup, looks like they just added that back in. Awesome.

[quote name="sangredekrazy" post="12731954" timestamp="1433770047"]Anyone else missing points this morning? I had over 400 and I was dropped down to 50.[/quote]

Yes the exact same thing has been happing to me over all my 3 accounts. This morning my main had 477 and when I went to go redeem a gift card the balance dropped down to 127. I was pissed. Logged out and back in the balance is still low but my searches for the day had been reset. Went and did the searches again and my balance was back and even got the extra credit for doing mobile searches again. I redeemed the gift card and just got it in the email. All in all it worked out but the program has defiantly been glitchy these past few days.

I had been thinking of sitting on a larger points balance as to avoid having to redeem 20 gift cards at gamestop next time I buy a new game. But after this mess screw that idea.

I haven't lost any points thankfully, but I did notice something when trying to redeem some of my points. Was going to redeem a $5 Microsoft code, but noticed they disappeared. The $3 codes are still there however (and for 290 points which is lower than I remember).

Edit: Scratch that. Clicking on it, I noticed that they've now combined the $3 and $5 offers so you choose the offer you want after you click away from the rewards screen.

I'm missing a bunch of points too. Also, my "Maintain Gold" won't go past 20, and my "10 credits for June" also won't go past 20.

Unfortunately I really don't want to submit a bug report because the way I do mobile searches is just increasing numbers of the letter 'L' so I really don't want them to even think about looking at my search history since I'm sure that violates the TOS somehow.

I wonder if it's somehow tied to the fact that I can't log in via Facebook anymore. Not sure I was always logged into MS AND Facebook.

Weird. I redeemed a card this afternoon and somehow my PC searches got reset for the day along with the bonus credits and the trivia questions from earlier this week. I have no complaints about those things, except that my monthly bonus count was also reset. Oh well, it was only about 10 credits, right?

I put in a ticket with M$. I'll probably have my account shut down or something since I do searches that violate TOS on mobile device, but I'd rather they know about the issue and fix it. I can just make another acct later.

Update: I got a response back (and they didn't close my account, yay!). They are aware of the issue, and they said that once it is fixed, we will get everything we were missing from earlier. So while my "Keep Gold" goal is still at 20, once it is fixed I will have the accurate number of what I got during this broken period.

Also, in case it's worth your time, I got 25 bing points from the support person to make up for the issue. If you fill out a ticket, maybe you will too.

Hulu Plus 1 month codes are going up over 200 points on 7/6. Cash out while you can .
Yeah, and in two days on June 30th, the $10 iTunes card is gone. Not such a great deal since it doesn't have a Gold discount, but I was going to get it anyway. I just cashed out a reward. Can't even come close to 1000 points by the 30th.

Hulu Plus 1 month codes are going up over 200 points on 7/6. Cash out while you can .
Thanks for the heads up! I've stocked up many years worth in the past when they used to have them for 300 points for a limited time.

The whole series of Seinfeld is on Hulu now. AMC content (Fear The Walking Dead) is supposedly coming soon. Showtime will also be added in July, but I think that will be an extra fee. Hopefully there will be some way for people with credit to apply it towards Showtime.

http://www.hulu.com/getshowtime

Ugh. I had been doing Hulu Plus codes so that my wife's god-daughter could use the account to watch the shows she watches, and then I would every so often grab an amazon.com code (maybe once every 2 months). If the Hulu Plus codes are going up that much, I may tell the god-daughter she needs to give me some cash for the Hulu Plus codes, since at that point I won't be making any money for myself with Bing.

Ugh. I had been doing Hulu Plus codes so that my wife's god-daughter could use the account to watch the shows she watches, and then I would every so often grab an amazon.com code (maybe once every 2 months). If the Hulu Plus codes are going up that much, I may tell the god-daughter she needs to give me some cash for the Hulu Plus codes, since at that point I won't be making any money for myself with Bing.
Looks like people sell Hulu Plus subs on eBay for pretty cheap. Although, I'm not sure how they do it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hulu+plus&_sacat=0

Good thing I cashed out a couple days before they closed my account. No specific reason why they closed it. Messaged them and they said they gonna take a look into it. Been about a week already with no reply.

What do you guys do when they close your account? Just create another or just move on? I have always had three. They closed my old Facebook one a week after I was forced to merge it with a gmail. I created another one a week later and have been good ever since. Some days I forget to max out my points. And some days like today I don't get credit for PC searches.

bread's done
Back