Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

dont knw if this is wrong place to post this or against rules, apologies in advance

any1 looking to get Up to 60 minutes of Skype Credit in exchange for a bing phone verification?

Mine are still good. I've got four accounts running searches with bots on PC and mobile every day. Ad-block is enabled, of course.

What do you guys do when they close your account? Just create another or just move on? I have always had three. They closed my old Facebook one a week after I was forced to merge it with a gmail. I created another one a week later and have been good ever since. Some days I forget to max out my points. And some days like today I don't get credit for PC searches.
Each time they ban my accounts, I say to myself that I'll just move on. Then a few months later, usually after Dominos has their large two-topping for $5.99 deal and I think to myself how much I could have saved if I redeemed some $5 gift cards off of Bing, I sign up again. You know. Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

One of my accounts that was banned 2 months ago all the sudden got unbanned and had all my credits back up.... You guys might want to check on some of yours. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the last year or so

HuluPlus went up to 680pts today.

No Gold discount anymore on it, either.
This is truly unfortunate. So here's the question... there are 12 month subs for Hulu on ebay for ~$30. 680 points will take just about a month to earn doing 26 points/day in searches. With my other accounts, I do the $5 Amazon credit, and can usually get ~$10 per month with them, or $120 per year. So do I just pay the $30 for 12 months of Hulu and go with the $120 in Amazon credit? Or just go with the the month sub to Hulu and keep it free?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hulu now has Showtime for an extra $8.99 per month. They give you a free month trial for Showtime, but I'm a bit nervous about doing it. When I try to add on Showtime I get this...

Your free trial expires on September 15th, 2023. Adding a Premium Add-on will forfeit your remaining time.
Are they considering the Bing Rewards codes a free trial? If I get the Showtime will I lose the many years of free Hulu Plus?

If not, I wonder if I can use my Bing Rewards Hulu Plus credit to pay for the Showtime add-on. Hmmm.

Hulu now has Showtime for an extra $8.99 per month. They give you a free month trial for Showtime, but I'm a bit nervous about doing it. When I try to add on Showtime I get this...

Are they considering the Bing Rewards codes a free trial? If I get the Showtime will I lose the many years of free Hulu Plus?

If not, I wonder if I can use my Bing Rewards Hulu Plus credit to pay for the Showtime add-on. Hmmm.
Uh, before anyone begins to answer that, let me get their main question out of the way. How in the hell do you have 8+ free years of Hulu?

This is truly unfortunate. So here's the question... there are 12 month subs for Hulu on ebay for ~$30. 680 points will take just about a month to earn doing 26 points/day in searches. With my other accounts, I do the $5 Amazon credit, and can usually get ~$10 per month with them, or $120 per year. So do I just pay the $30 for 12 months of Hulu and go with the $120 in Amazon credit? Or just go with the the month sub to Hulu and keep it free?
It depends on if you use Amazon a lot. If you do and you rely on the Bing credit for it, get a $30 Hulu card from eBay. If you use Amazon only a little, keep redeeming Hulu months from Bing. If you use Amazon a lot and pay out of pocket for it, I figure you'll lose a lot of money redeeming the 205 points more expensive Hulu month promo than paying for a full year. And damn that's a cheap price for a year of Hulu. What's it, $2.80 a month? If I didn't pirate everything on principle, I might consider getting that. Is that for a premium Hulu account?

Uh, before anyone begins to answer that, let me get their main question out of the way. How in the hell do you have 8+ free years of Hulu?
I've been doing Bing Rewards since it first started. Probably a few years now. There have been a few times in the past when they dropped the price of Hulu Plus to 300 credits for a limited time. I guess went a little overboard and stocked up during those times. The whole family has an account. Up to 5 accounts per household according to the Bing Reward's Terms of Use. :)

I'm not going to do the free trial of Showtime via Hulu. Not worth the risk.

They do offer a free 30-day trial if you sign-up for Showtime via your Roku or Apple streaming device. Not interested in paying $8.99 or $10.99 for Showtime, but I'll probably give the 30-day trial a spin.

http://www.sho.com/sho/order/5/ott

Yeah, the Hulu Plus on eBay seems like a pretty good deal. I'm still wondering how they do it. Seems a little sketchy though. They also have cheap Netflix subs on eBay as well.

I don't now if it has been mentioned or not. Anyway, check your Bing Rewards e-mail to see if they have sent you a $5 Viggle credit. The credit can be used at http://www.vigglestore.com/ for movies/tv shows (via MGO), music, eBooks, or audiobooks.

If you aren't planning to use the code I would love to have it.

It depends on if you use Amazon a lot. If you do and you rely on the Bing credit for it, get a $30 Hulu card from eBay. If you use Amazon only a little, keep redeeming Hulu months from Bing. If you use Amazon a lot and pay out of pocket for it, I figure you'll lose a lot of money redeeming the 205 points more expensive Hulu month promo than paying for a full year. And damn that's a cheap price for a year of Hulu. What's it, $2.80 a month? If I didn't pirate everything on principle, I might consider getting that. Is that for a premium Hulu account?
As far as I can tell, it's just a Hulu Plus 12 year subscription. I have no idea how they offer them, but there are a TON of people selling them between $25-35 on ebay. And some of them are power sellers, so you would think ebay or Hulu would crack down on them if they were truly pirated. Legit? Maybe not 100%, but I'm not sure they fall into the piracy/illegal category either. I do spend a lot on Amazon, but I also like the idea of getting Hulu for free. So I think I'll just stick with using one of my Bing accounts for Hulu and the others for Amazon credit.

Hm, I'm having issues with my brother's Bing account when it comes to mobile searching.

I can do mine just fine, but when it comes to doing his, it will say "0/0 daily activities, 0/0 PC searches, 0/0 mobile searches" and will say "congratulations" like he's completed everything he needs to do.

We purchased our last cards we got at basically the same time, and his credit count is around 260 whereas mine is over 400. Is his account glitched? I know it isn't banned because PC searches appear to still be counting.

Any ideas how to get it back on track and working the way it should for mobile searches?

So here's something new for me. A ways back, it asked me to verify my accounts via text. I decided just to use my cell phone for all 5 of my accounts to get the codes, and it didn't seem to be a problem. Codes came through just fine and they were all accepted on the site. I haven't been asked again for months, so I figured I was in the clear.

This past week, I got the message again that it needed to verify via text on two of my accounts, so I used my number again for both. The verification failed after I put in the number and now if I try to redeem, it says that account is under "review" and I have to wait 24 hours before trying again. This was on Friday. So I tried redeeming again today and I got the same message.

Do you think the 24 hours is business hours, and they will clear up later today? Or does this mean that they've finally cracked down and I can expect my accounts to get closed after review? At what point should I try contacting them to ask? I've always been hesitant to do that in case they see that I have 5 accounts open and close them all.

So here's something new for me. A ways back, it asked me to verify my accounts via text. I decided just to use my cell phone for all 5 of my accounts to get the codes, and it didn't seem to be a problem. Codes came through just fine and they were all accepted on the site. I haven't been asked again for months, so I figured I was in the clear.

This past week, I got the message again that it needed to verify via text on two of my accounts, so I used my number again for both. The verification failed after I put in the number and now if I try to redeem, it says that account is under "review" and I have to wait 24 hours before trying again. This was on Friday. So I tried redeeming again today and I got the same message.

Do you think the 24 hours is business hours, and they will clear up later today? Or does this mean that they've finally cracked down and I can expect my accounts to get closed after review? At what point should I try contacting them to ask? I've always been hesitant to do that in case they see that I have 5 accounts open and close them all.
I had the samething happen to one of my accounts last week. Went to redeem something and got hit with the verify phone/wait 24 hours message. Waited about 48 hours hoping it would clear up, it didn't so I bit the bullet and contacted them.(hoping they don't crash the other members in my house accounts.) They sent me a reply saying sorry for the inconvenience, and that they needed to review my account to further assist me. That was at the end of last week. No follow up message yet.

I had the samething happen to one of my accounts last week. Went to redeem something and got hit with the verify phone/wait 24 hours message. Waited about 48 hours hoping it would clear up, it didn't so I bit the bullet and contacted them.(hoping they don't crash the other members in my house accounts.) They sent me a reply saying sorry for the inconvenience, and that they needed to review my account to further assist me. That was at the end of last week. No follow up message yet.
That's unfortunate. I did a quick search, and it looks like you typically get one or two outcomes when this happens to your account. Either it ends up getting banned, or it randomly stays in this "under review" status for weeks if not months, and then randomly becomes active again. It doesn't seem like contacting them really accomplish anything. So I guess I'll keep doing my searches in hopes that they eventually get released again.

Anyone here have this situation before? If so, how did it end up for you?

I got hit with a random verification last week too. I have three accounts and use different phone numbers for each. So when I verified I got my gift card right away like normal.

I got hit with a random verification last week too. I have three accounts and use different phone numbers for each. So when I verified I got my gift card right away like normal.
Yeah, I'm going to use different numbers from now on. I used the same number on all 5 accounts when they first started this text verification, so I didn't think anything of it when they asked me on Friday. Ah well... lesson learned. If they close those two accounts, I'll just open up new ones. No big deal in the scheme of things. I just need to figure out 5 different phone numbers to use...

Okay... update time.

Turns out I made qutie a mountain out of a mole hill. Both of the accounts were released when I just checked a couple minutes ago. I used different phone numbers this time, and the orders went through as usual. So.... looks like I barely had to wait at all.

Move along... move along...

Got hit with another verification today while redeeming a game stop gift card. This time on my original account which sucked because it was my old cell phone number. Luckily I am visiting my parents this week. So I just did a quick phone call verification on their home phone. So I will expect to have to do the same to my third account next week when I hit that 475.

Are there any 20 points or lower rewards that cam be redeemed? I've got nearly 750 points on some accounts that I want to get to Gold before redeeming a big reward so I can get the Gold discount.

Are there any 20 points or lower rewards that cam be redeemed? I've got nearly 750 points on some accounts that I want to get to Gold before redeeming a big reward so I can get the Gold discount.
Macy's sweepstakes has a 20 point reward price

bing rewards changed the way we get amazon points. At the email for the reward now we have click a button then sign into a amazon account to get the code. It isn't instantly redeemed so you can save the code for later but some believe this is M$'s new way of banning users who use the same amazon account for multiple bing account redemptions.

on less possibly depressing/annoying news anyone want a viggle code?

out of codes

I will see if it happens to me tomorrow. I will take the viggle code if you don't want it.

bing rewards changed the way we get amazon points. At the email for the reward now we have click a button then sign into a amazon account to get the code. It isn't instantly redeemed so you can save the code for later but some believe this is M$'s new way of banning users who use the same amazon account for multiple bing account redemptions.

on less possibly depressing/annoying news anyone want a viggle code?

I just redeemed the amazon and I am not sure it is a trick to ban people and if it is it may just be for household's with more than 5 accounts.

My four accounts are still going strong. Running a bot for the searches while I'm typing this up. Just redeemed another reward for Groupon to get the $20 Krispy Kreme donuts for $10. Thanks to Bing, I paid nothing for it! Come at me, Micro$hill.

A question for those who use GameStop and other in store gift cards. How do you redeem them? From your phone? Print out?

I tent to pile up $5 gift cards and redeem them a few a at time when buying games. The only thing is it can be a little tedious when getting something over $30. Scanning $5 at a time.

Is there an easy way that you guys dump smaller gift cards into one big one? Or is that just the price we pay for getting free gift cards?

Ya just be careful with the egift cards when you consolidate to buy another egift card. It took 2 and half weeks and 5 calls to customer service to get it sent. I would go with the physical cards personally.

Well, I'm assuming all four of my accounts got compromised. I tried to order Amazon GCs through two of them, it asked for my phone number to verify both orders. Bam, both accounts shut down. Probably because I'm using a bot (YABRB, so your mileage may vary I guess). Only makes sense they'd go after the others.

Seeing as I was using a bot though, can't complain. I may just make new accounts, find a different bot, something. Not sure where to go from here.

Well, I'm assuming all four of my accounts got compromised. I tried to order Amazon GCs through two of them, it asked for my phone number to verify both orders. Bam, both accounts shut down. Probably because I'm using a bot (YABRB, so your mileage may vary I guess). Only makes sense they'd go after the others.

Seeing as I was using a bot though, can't complain. I may just make new accounts, find a different bot, something. Not sure where to go from here.
Its because you ordered on 2 different accounts on the same day.... I run 3 on my phone number and 3 on my wife's and I may get a account shut down here and there but not two at the same time because I make sure to order several days apart. They pick up on the phone number being used back to back

I'd still check your other two accounts as they might be ok.... But I wouldn't do too much on them for a few days though (getting points or ordering anything) because they might pick up on those accounts also

Now this might not be 100% but its what I've been doing and I've only had 2 accounts banned in the last year and a half (which seems to be almost nothing compared to other people lol)

I have been having issues since yesterday with mobile searches on my 2012 Nexus 7, Lollypop 5.1.1.  I have 3 accounts, and after doing my mobile searches when I try to sign out of Bing, I click sign out, and then the screen just turns white.  When I go back into the Bing application, it still has my first account logged in. 

The only work around I have been able to come across is to uninstall the mobile Bing application, and then reinstall.  This allows me to sign in with my next account to do searches, but then I have to uninstall Bing and reinstall to do my 3rd account.  

I don't use bots, and I had no issues with the mobile site prior to yesterday for a long time.  Also, turning off my tablet and then turning it back on does not fix the issue.  Furthermore, all other applications run perfectly on my tablet.  Has anyone else encountered this problem with the mobile Bing application?  

I think this might have been addressed already at some point in this whole thread, but I couldn't seem to find anything.

Has anyone had any luck with an online service that you can use with Bing when it asks to verify your account via text? Last cashout, I used friends and family, but I would prefer not to bug them every time Bing wants to verify my accounts. I know there are free services that give you temporary numbers to use for this kind of thing, but I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with a particular site that worked with Bing.

So its pretty apparent I have to do a verification at every redeem now. Not a huge deal but it will be a pain because one of my accounts has my parents#. I guess I will let that one build up to $10-$15 range so I don't have to bug them every 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back