Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

We only have ever had 3 accounts in our household, and 1 of those has barely been used for a long time because that person didn't think it was worth the time.  So today, one of our 2 active accounts got suspended.  It's been free money for a few years, but it's still frustrating when you aren't breaking any of the rules listed.

EDIT:  A day later and now they ban our other account.  Well, back to never using Bing ever again like 99.9% of the population.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have surprisingly not had any problems since I started doing bing searches again a couple of months ago.

In fact, I'm now getting around 32 points a day thanks to the extra iOS credits.

Account suspended for no reason. fucking assholes. Never used a bot or made multiple accounts. Two accounts in the household, which is well under their stated limit of five.

Any way to fake those ios app searches?
I usually just do image searches... search for an image and then click one of the suggested terms, click another one and then x out my original search term, just leaving the suggested words. Click another suggested term and go from there. Seems to go more quickly than the web search since everytime you add a term or take one out it counts as a new search.

I just tried to buy a $5 Amazon card and Bing says I need 625 points (I have Gold status). When did they raise it from 475 points?

I just tried to buy a $5 Amazon card and Bing says I need 625 points (I have Gold status). When did they raise it from 475 points?
They have been pulling some crap where they are changing a lot of account's points value on all the rewards.Which makes no sense.I was curious if anyone tries to get their account closed on purpose and then open a new account, if they can actually get better point values on the new account.

I had my account reverted to silver and there was no reason why it should.I have had the same account for like almost 4 years and I never missed any requirement for the monthly gold .

My account was switched to silver for no reason this month. I emailed support & they fixed it after about a week of "researching". Oh and they also gave me 25 points for the trouble because we all know 25 points will get you a lot on their site. lol

My account was switched to silver for no reason this month. I emailed support & they fixed it after about a week of "researching". Oh and they also gave me 25 points for the trouble because we all know 25 points will get you a lot on their site. lol
Mine had the same thing happen.

So I've been using one account for the longest now using an old email.  I wanted to use my real email that I use for Xbox and to make purchases on the Microsoft Store to get points for purchases.  But I don't think I can because when I tried to join, it said I already have account, I guess since it has the same information.

If I deactivate or delete my old account, will that solve it and I'll be able to use the email I want?  I've been in good standing with this account, never had any warnings or whatever so I wanted to make sure.  Maybe I'll email them or chat with CS too.

Account suspended for no reason. fucking assholes. Never used a bot or made multiple accounts. Two accounts in the household, which is well under their stated limit of five.
Go to google and demand to those assholes to create a reward program. Keep me posted.

Too many people complaining here. Yes, it sucks they are closing accounts but let's be happy for what we got.

Why don't we bitch about Google not giving us anything for free?

Too many people complaining here. Yes, it sucks they are closing accounts but let's be happy for what we got.

Why don't we bitch about Google not giving us anything for free?
because they dont promise free shit

no need to be a jerk and be so salty

Just realized my Amazon GC was raised to 775 credits. I can get to a page where it shows the classic 475 credit cost, but it won't let me redeem it for that. Meh.

Bing is being strange today, for me at least. I could have sworn I did my PC searches this morning, but when I went to do mobile searches, it said 0/15 PC and 0/0 mobile. So I did the PC searches again.

My parents and brother all have accounts and I do all our mobile searches on the same device, but on all of our accounts our PC searches were reset to 0/15 and mobile searches all say 0/0. If you look at "see all offers" on the dropdown menu on Bing, mobile searches are not even listed there. Or weren't for me at least.

Anyone else see anything similar, or was this just a glitch?

From what I can tell, it looks like they just changed the program to only allow 15 credits per day total, do-able from desktop or mobile. No more PC searches + mobile. Not a big fan of this change... 

Good to know it is not just mine messing up again. At least they got rid of that 150 points to stay Gold. Now just 50.

Going to miss getting those 455 points per month. Oh well....nothing good lasts forever.

Cheers

I was just curious is there anyone who has created an account recently and what are the redemption values for a brand new account.Can you still get the old 475 points with gold Amazon $5 if you create a new account or do you get one of the new higher amounts like 575 with gold or higher?

Thanks

I just finished doing both mobile and PC searches. I received 10 points for mobile and 15 points for PC just like normal. Right now, Amazon GCs are still 475 for Gold status for me.

For the people who can only get 15 daily points now, did your GC redemption price increase too? Also, what is your amount of lifetime points and have you redeemed a lot of rewards in the past? Maybe Bing is trying to reduce the number of reward redemptions for members who have reached a certain point mile stone or prize redemption number.

I was just curious is there anyone who has created an account recently and what are the redemption values for a brand new account.Can you still get the old 475 points with gold Amazon $5 if you create a new account or do you get one of the new higher amounts like 575 with gold or higher?

Thanks
My brother opened an account yesterday and still has the option for 475 Amazon gift cards.

Looks like Bing reverted back to normal today, I can do PC and mobile searches again. Strange.
Yeah, it is really odd. I had the same problem you did last night, but when I got up this morning everything had gone back to normal. Was super weird. Hopefully that was just a glitch and not a preview of coming changes.

My brother opened an account yesterday and still has the option for 475 Amazon gift cards.

Yeah, it is really odd. I had the same problem you did last night, but when I got up this morning everything had gone back to normal. Was super weird. Hopefully that was just a glitch and not a preview of coming changes.
That's weird. I've had Bing for years, never abused it, and they're asking 775 for $5 Amazon gift cards. Sigh.

That's weird. I've had Bing for years, never abused it, and they're asking 775 for $5 Amazon gift cards. Sigh.
Kind of the same with me.Been there for years never broke any rule and always did manual searches and they raised my Amazon way up also.

I am wondering if I should contact them and close my account and then create a new account at the 475 points for $5 Amazon.

because they dont promise free shit
no need to be a jerk and be so salty
Did you read the agreement you signed for? They have the right to amend, change or cancel anything from this reward program at anytime. In other words, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Learn to read.

I have been using three accounts on Bing since the program started years ago and never had any issues. Now, when I try to redeem a prize, the order is cancelled almost immediately. This happens on any of my three accounts.

I have always done my Bing searches honestly, without ever using any bots.

Is it safe to say that my accounts have been arbitrarily banned?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have been using three accounts on Bing since the program started years ago and never had any issues. Now, when I try to redeem a prize, the order is cancelled almost immediately. This happens on any of my three accounts.

yup. same thing happened with me about 8 months ago. your accounts are banned.

Same here.My account is like 4 years old and I have only done manual searches and I have never had a problem.Now since new year all orders declined.I just checked with my family member and there accounts are doing the same thing.

yup. same thing happened with me about 8 months ago. your accounts are banned.
I have had one account for 4 years and only done manual searches and never had any problem before.Is there anything I can do or contact them and has anyone ever had any success.

I've had it happen before. I emailed support and they unlocked the account. Worth a try but doesn't always happen.
Here's an update to my situation. I emailed support yesterday and they resolved the issue. Once again, I am able to redeem Amazon gift cards on all three of my accounts.

They didn't say what the issue was, but I can only assume that it might have been a glitch.

Like Mufasa47 said, it's worth a shot emailing support. Especially, if you were doing the Bing searches manually, without a bot.

Here's an update to my situation. I emailed support yesterday and they resolved the issue. Once again, I am able to redeem Amazon gift cards on all three of my accounts.

They didn't say what the issue was, but I can only assume that it might have been a glitch.

Like Mufasa47 said, it's worth a shot emailing support. Especially, if you were doing the Bing searches manually, without a bot.
How did you get them to unlock all 3 accounts? Did you mention all three or just the one account?

I don't know how you guys get such help from support.Every time I email them they never do anything.

I emailed them yesterday and still no response.I checked with my family members and they banned all my family members accounts also.

So strange,we followed every rule and did manual searches.Unless its the phone number thing.

How did you get them to unlock all 3 accounts? Did you mention all three or just the one account?

I don't know how you guys get such help from support.Every time I email them they never do anything.

I emailed them yesterday and still no response.I checked with my family members and they banned all my family members accounts also.

So strange,we followed every rule and did manual searches.Unless its the phone number thing.
I only mentioned one of my accounts, and coincidentally, all three were fixed. Below is the support ticket that I filled out when contacting them (personal information has been hidden). After submitting this support ticket, they emailed me back and we went from there. I hope this helps.

To submit a support ticket, go to the Bing Rewards dashboard. Next, click account, then click view, then click "customer support" which is the third line down from "Order history".

[SIZE=12pt]--- Original Message ---
Sent : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:48:20 PM UTC
To : 4447eb64-1df9-47cc-8ddf-7101c4ebcc4b
Subject : Bing Rewards Support: Ordering or redeeming a :

Full name:
GregSal1

The e-mail address for us to send a response:
my email address

Primary email address or member ID associated with the account that you are reporting:
my email address

What would you like assistance with?
Ordering or redeeming a prize

If you are inquiring about a prize redemption you made, we will need your order confirmation number:

In relation to your inquiry, how are you accessing Bing Rewards?
Signed in to Bing.com

If you cannot join Bing Rewards, log on to your Bing Rewards account, or log on to the Redemption Center, please provide your first name and last name, mailing address, and phone number:
GregSal1
my address
my phone number

If your Bing Rewards account is not earning credits, or if you did not receive credits for an action, please provide details regarding the offer you are referring to and the number of credits missing:
Each time I try to redeem $5.00 Amazon voucher, my order gets cancelled.

Please provide any additional detail here:
I cannot redeem the $5 Amazon gift voucher. Every time I try to redeem, I get this message (see below).

Hey GregSal1,
We're reaching out to let you know we ran into some issues trying to process your recent order. As a result, we've cancelled your order, but feel free to contact us here if you'd like for someone to look into this for you.
Thanks for being a member,
-The Bing Rewards Team.
[/SIZE]

bread's done
Back