Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

I only mentioned one of my accounts, and coincidentally, all three were fixed. Below is the support ticket that I filled out when contacting them (personal information has been hidden). After submitting this support ticket, they emailed me back and we went from there. I hope this helps.

To submit a support ticket, go to the Bing Rewards dashboard. Next, click account, then click view, then click "customer support" which is the third line down from "Order history".

[SIZE=12pt]--- Original Message ---
Sent : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:48:20 PM UTC
To : 4447eb64-1df9-47cc-8ddf-7101c4ebcc4b
Subject : Bing Rewards Support: Ordering or redeeming a :

Full name:
GregSal1

The e-mail address for us to send a response:
my email address

Primary email address or member ID associated with the account that you are reporting:
my email address

What would you like assistance with?
Ordering or redeeming a prize

If you are inquiring about a prize redemption you made, we will need your order confirmation number:

In relation to your inquiry, how are you accessing Bing Rewards?
Signed in to Bing.com

If you cannot join Bing Rewards, log on to your Bing Rewards account, or log on to the Redemption Center, please provide your first name and last name, mailing address, and phone number:
GregSal1
my address
my phone number

If your Bing Rewards account is not earning credits, or if you did not receive credits for an action, please provide details regarding the offer you are referring to and the number of credits missing:
Each time I try to redeem $5.00 Amazon voucher, my order gets cancelled.

Please provide any additional detail here:
I cannot redeem the $5 Amazon gift voucher. Every time I try to redeem, I get this message (see below).

Hey GregSal1,
We're reaching out to let you know we ran into some issues trying to process your recent order. As a result, we've cancelled your order, but feel free to contact us here if you'd like for someone to look into this for you.
Thanks for being a member,
-The Bing Rewards Team.
[/SIZE]
Thanks for the info.I just contacted them again today and the person claimed my account was fixed but I should wait 24 hours.So my family will check all three accounts in a day or so.Hopefully all will be unlocked like yours did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.I just contacted them again today and the person claimed my account was fixed but I should wait 24 hours.So my family will check all three accounts in a day or so.Hopefully all will be unlocked like yours did.
That's exactly what they told me, and they were actually true to their word. Let me know how it turns out for you.

That's exactly what they told me, and they were actually true to their word. Let me know how it turns out for you.
Well my family member tried to redeem points today and it was declined.So I guess they only unlocked my account and not the other family members accounts.I guess I will tell them to contact bing like I did.

Bing is glitchy right now. I clicked the claim my entry link for the free sweepstakes offer and was brought to a page that listed the sweepstakes entry, skype, & 1 month of Xbox live for 1 point each for today only while supplies last. Unfortunately, when I tried to redeem something I just got an error page.

When the glitch occurred, it was shortly after Bing switched over for the day. Sometimes I got the 1 point prize page, most of the time it just went to the regular rewards catalog. I don't know when they fixed it, but when I clicked the sweepstakes link sometime later it did finally give me the sweepstakes entry.

Skype is today's deal of the day. While it isn't 1 point, it is discounted. If that glitch was an indication of things to come maybe the 1 month of Xbox live will also be discounted but most likely not for 1 point.

I redeemed 2 $5 Amazon cards yesterday with no issues. Hopefully they fix whatever the problem is soon so y'all can get your rewards.

Man, ToysRUs got sacked on the 15th and Fandango is getting the boot after April 30th. (I'm cashing in all my points just for $5 summer morning movies.)

If Amazon goes away, I guess I'll try Hulu or re-activate my XBL gold.

Otherwise, boo-urns!

I started this back up to get some Amazon credit and it says unavailable?! That is the only thing I redeem on Bing Rewards.

Get your act together Bing Rewards!

i-hate.gif

I sure hope they get the Amazon back that is what I do this for because I can use the amazon for stuff like video games and fun stuff but I also use it for non fun stuff like cloths and house hold stuff.

Is the Xbox Live redemption a code or does it apply it to whatever MSN account you are logged in with? Same for Xbox currency. I have no use for either but I could potentially sell them or trade them maybe. If those are no good, I might see if I can sell the 1 month Hulu vouchers somewhere. This is all assuming amazon does not come back in stock eventually.

Is the Xbox Live redemption a code or does it apply it to whatever MSN account you are logged in with? Same for Xbox currency. I have no use for either but I could potentially sell them or trade them maybe. If those are no good, I might see if I can sell the 1 month Hulu vouchers somewhere. This is all assuming amazon does not come back in stock eventually.
XBL currency is a code.

Xbox currency is promotional credit. You have to redeem it by a certain time, and once you redeem it you have one year to spend it. Right now I think codes have to be redeemed by the end of July; possibly the end of June. Though I'm guessing as the deadline draws near, or is reached, the listing for the Xbox credit reward will have an updated time to redeem.

That's a shame about Fandango. I never redeemed one of those rewards, but with all the movies I'll be seeing next month I was about to. The other day I just noticed how there are hardly any non-Microsoft rewards left.

I was thinking originally that I'd save up Microsoft Store gift codes to use to buy a Surface Pro (or buy part of one or something), but even ignoring the fact that they expire, you can only use 1 of the gift codes per purchase. Pft.

So my last account is now being "reviewed" and I can't get my amazon gift card. All my accounts have been legit I've only had 5 which is the max allowed and I haven't used bots or anything. My other accounts have been under review for months now even though it says to check in 24 hours. Anyone know how long this process takes and when I will finally be able to redeem my gift cards?

I miss not having like 10 accounts i got so much junk i need to buy for free :(  That windows 8 upgrade from when my compuer died scwee everything up. 

But i swa someone says the accounts "fix themselves"?  I always though one it got blocked it's gone.  Maybe i should check a few

In my experiences accounts that are blocked (they give you those 'try again in 24 hours' when you try to redeem) will eventually fix themselves but it can take a loooooooong time. Sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes it takes a few months. Just leave the account alone and hope it fixes itself.

A friend of mine recently started using Bing Rewards, but doesn't have Amazon, Starbucks, or Gamestop gift cards as reward options. Do these now unlock once gold status is reached?

A friend of mine recently started using Bing Rewards, but doesn't have Amazon, Starbucks, or Gamestop gift cards as reward options. Do these now unlock once gold status is reached?
yep. mine appeared about 2500 points in.

I "binged" the amazon redeem page and set it as a goal. not that it made a difference or anything.

Since there's now more ways to earn points, not too big of an issue.

The discount saved you like 2 days worth of points as is.

Since there's now more ways to earn points, not too big of an issue.

The discount saved you like 2 days worth of points as is.
Yeah, after I posted I thought about it only being two days of searching. However, more often than not, any kind of change to programs like this are usually NOT in the consumer's favor. Companies say they are "making things easier/better" but they are really trying to close loopholes, money-losers, etc. SOURCE: I work in public relations at an ad agency.

Watch ms make everything super expensive like amazon cards 200,000 points

Dont like this at all

Those who sign-up for Microsoft Rewards, currently US-only, will be awarded points for using Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft will monitor how much time you spend using the minimalist browser, with users required to hit 30 hours a month.

The US technology firm will also watch your mouse movements to make sure you're using the browser properly and not tricking the system.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/702570/Windows-10-Microsoft-Edge-Failure-Pay-Rewards

Anyone know how soon the change is coming?

I know this will be bad for me.I just do legit bing searches each day and don't use any other device but my pc so all these extra ways to get points won't do me any good.So the taking away the discount on amazon makes it worse now for me each month.

I guess everyone should try to empty their account if they can before the change.

I just cashed in my last 5 dollar.  Ever sicne the windows 8 upgrade my 10 accounts have been banned and im down to my normal one i have noooo income anymore.  And with this new "improvement" i bet they screw the rewards even more.

Do we even know how much the "cost" of Amazon cards is going to go up? That's primarily what I use Bing rewards for to begin with.

Watch ms make everything super expensive like amazon cards 200,000 points

Dont like this at all

Those who sign-up for Microsoft Rewards, currently US-only, will be awarded points for using Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft will monitor how much time you spend using the minimalist browser, with users required to hit 30 hours a month.

The US technology firm will also watch your mouse movements to make sure you're using the browser properly and not tricking the system.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/702570/Windows-10-Microsoft-Edge-Failure-Pay-Rewards
I guess their browser will see a huge increase in YouTube visits...create a 30-hour playlist and let it run every night. As far as "tricking the system," I wonder if they mean spamming the thumbnails on the Bing bar? If so, I might have to actually search for things with Bing. :/

My account switched over. The only difference I noticed is the Gold discount is gone. Otherwise everything translates to how things were. Points are just multiplied by five*. I'm able to earn the same value of daily points with the same amount of searches.

Well, there is also the Edge browser bonus, and what I'm guessing are introductory point offers.

Edit. Actually, it's multiplied by 10

I have never redeemed more than one amazon a day, I thought years ago people thought that was a way to get your account banned.Is that still true and has anyone redeemed several amazon in a day and not had their account have any problems.

I was saving for 4 months for a 12 month Xbox gold code but I still need around 24 days.I am trying to decide if I should just cash out the account on amazon before my account changes.

My account just changed today.If anyone has any question I can answer let me know.

I personally don't like the changes.I think its tougher to find what your looking for and to tell if you have completed daily stuff.

The only good thing that happened was I did all my searches and daily stuff last night at 1 am and they must have reset my account today when they changed it so I got to do all the stuff a second time so I think I got two days of points for one day.

My account just changed today.If anyone has any question I can answer let me know.
I personally don't like the changes.I think its tougher to find what your looking for and to tell if you have completed daily stuff.
The only good thing that happened was I did all my searches and daily stuff last night at 1 am and they must have reset my account today when they changed it so I got to do all the stuff a second time so I think I got two days of points for one day.
On a somewhat related note, I love daylight savings because Bing does not reset your searches until 1 a.m. That extra hour has been the difference on many occasions.

bread's done
Back