Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Has anyone anyone redeemed Windows Store gift card rewards on the Xbox consoles without issue?

Right now it's a Hot Deal; you can get $5 for 3,500 points. The deal lasts until January 6, or until they run out. Something important to keep in mind is it's promotional credit. After redeeming the code you have 90 days to spend the credit, and the latest you can redeem the code is June 30, 2017.

I'm thinking of grabbing one, then holding it until the Xbox Live Rewards surveys puts me at $5. I've been wanting to get a digital copy of Max Payne 2 for $10.

They have more $5 Windows Store gift cards for 3500 points, and now it says the deal is good until February 3 or until they run out. The gift card still needs to be redeemed by June 30, and once you redeem it you have 90 days to spend it.

I just picked one up. I'll redeem it in June when my Xbox Live Rewards credits reach $5.00. Used copies of Max Payne 2 go for around $5.00, but Original Xbox discs can't be installed to the Xbox 360, and I won't have to worry about the disc being unreadable.

They have more $5 Windows Store gift cards for 3500 points, and now it says the deal is good until February 3 or until they run out. The gift card still needs to be redeemed by June 30, and once you redeem it you have 90 days to spend it.

I just picked one up. I'll redeem it in June when my Xbox Live Rewards credits reach $5.00. Used copies of Max Payne 2 go for around $5.00, but Original Xbox discs can't be installed to the Xbox 360, and I won't have to worry about the disc being unreadable.
New to the site but have question about Bing Rewards.

If using for Xbox stuff, wouldn't it be better to use the rewards points towards Xbox gift cards? I thought they were cheaper.

Does anyone use bing points for gamestop gift cards? anyone know if they can be used in store or online only? not sure how those redemptions work for gamestop.

Window Store and Xbox gift cards usually require the same amount of points. There is currently a discount on Windows Store gift cards, so I went with that one. And although both are 50 points less than Amazon or Gamestop gift cards, one might want to get Amazon or Gamestop gift cards to still turn into Xbox credit. That way you don't have to worry about expiring credit.

Gamestop gift cards can be used in store and online; I've done both. Though I read online orders limit you to entering 10 gift cards per order. In store doesn't have a limit.

Online you just enter the gift card number and pin number when you checkout. I think credit card information might be needed even if your gift cards fully cover the purchase.

The e-mail Bing sends you has a link that has your gift card's information and a bar code. You can print them out or just bring up the pages on your phone for the salesperson to scan.

I pre-ordered Persona 5: Take Your Heart Edition at Gamestop, and slowly paid it off with gift cards from Bing.

I received an e-mail this morning stating between today and tomorrow if we make any purchase at the Microsoft store we will receive a reward of 2017 points deposited into our account...

Has anyone taken advantage of this yet? Wondering what the cheapest route is here?

I have $20 in credit on my account but when I go to order something from the MS store, it says that it will charge my PayPal account. The page says nothing about using my credit...am I missing something?

I have $20 in credit on my account but when I go to order something from the MS store, it says that it will charge my PayPal account. The page says nothing about using my credit...am I missing something?
I got the same issue. I wonder if it was because I was trying to buy a gift card. Some companies don't allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards. I was going to get an EA Access Pass.

I got the same issue. I wonder if it was because I was trying to buy a gift card. Some companies don't allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards. I was going to get an EA Access Pass.
I thought about that too so I tried to checkout with a game and I still did not see anything. I am too much of a cheapass (actually, I'm too much of a pussy) to order something if I don't know how I am going to be charged.

Apparently the microsoft store doesn't accept gift cards from the windows store. They sell gift cards, but they don't accept them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the microsoft store doesn't accept gift cards from the windows store. They sell gift cards, but they don't accept them.
The microsoft store and windows store are separate from microsoftstore.com. Sill, I know. Even worse B&M Microsoft Store gift cards don't work on the website and vice versa.

Does anyone have on their account where the goal was removed and when you click to set a new goal there is just a blank page.

I am not sure if this is something wrong with just my account or with others also.

Thanks

Does anyone have on their account where the goal was removed and when you click to set a new goal there is just a blank page.

I am not sure if this is something wrong with just my account or with others also.

Thanks
Mine went away, came back, then went away again. They must have some issue. You can still go to the reward with the URL.

Mine went away, came back, then went away again. They must have some issue. You can still go to the reward with the URL.
Thanks so much.I always get scared that my account is screwed up or banned but it sounds like a problem with a lot of people so it will probably be corrected in a day or so.

Thanks so much.I always get scared that my account is screwed up or banned but it sounds like a problem with a lot of people so it will probably be corrected in a day or so.
My bing account lets me set a goal for an Amazon gift card. However my "buddy's" account, which is fairly new, does not show Amazon as an option. Anyone else experience this?

My bing account lets me set a goal for an Amazon gift card. However my "buddy's" account, which is fairly new, does not show Amazon as an option. Anyone else experience this?
As I was "looking over my cousins shoulder" I saw that account had different rewards (Halo REQ Packs) and has been waiting for Amazon since November.

A friend of mine signed up for Bing sometime last year before the switch to the new format. Her account is missing Amazon and several other reward options, and attempting to redeem a card by typing in the reward URL just results in an error. Customer service told her the non-Microsoft rewards were only going to be offered on a special promotional basis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bing eventually phases out non-Microsoft rewards for older accounts too.

So nobody from US cant help me here?
They will actually require that the number be able to receive confirmation codes from time to time and could prevent the person helping you from registering or continuing to use their own accounts. What you're asking people to do is not some easy process and not appropriate.

They will actually require that the number be able to receive confirmation codes from time to time and could prevent the person helping you from registering or continuing to use their own accounts. What you're asking people to do is not some easy process and not appropriate.
Not easy process? Wow... Write PM with 6 digits time by time...

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Got my email with my 500 points from that whole "tell your story" thing, and it's not crediting them to me after a couple of tries. Anyone else having the same issue?

Not easy process? Wow... Write PM with 6 digits time by time...
Sorry no one wants to help you skirt the rules of a promotion and give you the number they are more than likely using for Bing. You act like we are hoarding food from you and your starving baby. GTFO.

Sorry no one wants to help you skirt the rules of a promotion and give you the number they are more than likely using for Bing. You act like we are hoarding food from you and your starving baby. GTFO.
Your end of sentence is very mature. Out.

PSA: If you live in Eastern Standard Time, starting tomorrow night you should be able to Bing points without your daily count rolling over until 1 a.m. because of daylight savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone here ever had any experience with getting their account suspended and getting it back?

First off, my parents are not very computer literate, so I help them out with a lot of things. A few days ago, my dad asked me to order 6 Amazon gift cards for him because he had like 32,000 points he had been saving up. About 6 hours later he got 6 emails saying his orders were cancelled and when I went into his account to see why/possibly reorder them, it said that his account was suspended.

I contacted customer service for him, and got an email back about 30 minutes ago saying "we're sorry to inform you but your account has been closed, points voided, etc.." and a list of reasons why it could happen. But the thing is, neither he or anyone in my household has broken any of their rules (have more than 1 account per person, more than 6 per household, masking IP, not living in US, using a bot) so he was wrongfully suspended and screwed out of all of those points/money.

I am super annoyed about this right now. I contacted them again, and hopefully they can review it again and fix it. I did sorta order the cards in quick succession so all I can figure is maybe they assumed there was a bot being used to place the orders. If that was it, then I'm going to feel personally responsible for this. Ugh..

TL:DR - My dad's account was suspended wrongfully, losing 32,000 points and I'm trying to get the suspension lifted and wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this.

Update: they reviewed his account and lifted the suspension and gave him 500 points as a bonus for his trouble. Damn well better, because it was in error anyway.

Update: they reviewed his account and lifted the suspension and gave him 500 points as a bonus for his trouble. Damn well better, because it was in error anyway.
Glad they fixed it for your dad. I always cash out my points as soon as I hit threshold for the Amazon gc. I don't want to lose any points or for the Amazon gc option to disappear one day.

Glad they fixed it for your dad. I always cash out my points as soon as I hit threshold for the Amazon gc. I don't want to lose any points or for the Amazon gc option to disappear one day.
Yeah, I'm always paranoid that something could happen and it'd all be a waste and I keep telling him he doesn't need to let them build up if he knows he's going to get Amazon credit, but "he doesn't know what he wants to spend it on" so he just saves them. Maybe this situation will change his mind from now on.

Yeah, I'm always paranoid that something could happen and it'd all be a waste and I keep telling him he doesn't need to let them build up if he knows he's going to get Amazon credit, but "he doesn't know what he wants to spend it on" so he just saves them. Maybe this situation will change his mind from now on.
tell him to spend it on an Amazon gift card - those things are amazing because Amazon rocks, and it ships to his house :)

He's anyone else been experiencing the points on the account going to a prior amount with no spending?

I have had this happen 3 times in 2017 and attempting to figure out if this is something I am doing or issues with BING. 

Enjoy the points everyone

He's anyone else been experiencing the points on the account going to a prior amount with no spending?

I have had this happen 3 times in 2017 and attempting to figure out if this is something I am doing or issues with BING.

Enjoy the points everyone
I just experienced this problem.

I got my PC points and then when I went to get my Mobile points the recently collected PC points were not showing up and didn't appear when I reloaded the page on my phone. When I reloaded the page on my PC the points disappeared even though it shows that I completed the PC searches.

Anyone else having issues doing mobile searches or is it just me? For the past 2 days it tells me "It's not you, it's us. Bing isn't available right now, but everything should be back to normal very soon."

Updated my mobile browser, still nothing. So I figured I'd ask before trying to contact them to see if it's an issue on their end or mine.

Anyone else having issues doing mobile searches or is it just me? For the past 2 days it tells me "It's not you, it's us. Bing isn't available right now, but everything should be back to normal very soon."

Updated my mobile browser, still nothing. So I figured I'd ask before trying to contact them to see if it's an issue on their end or mine.
Mine has been normal.

Has anyone done the Flip and Win game? If so, has anyone won? Number of times played, etc. I have played and lost three times (two were free entries and one was for 100 points). Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back