Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Since yesterday, the only way I have been able to collect points for PC searches is to wait for the page to completely load after either clicking on a thumbnail or searching via the bar and the clicking the medal icon by the point total. This would take me back to the dashboard and add the 5 points for the search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since yesterday, the only way I have been able to collect points for PC searches is to wait for the page to completely load after either clicking on a thumbnail or searching via the bar and the clicking the medal icon by the point total. This would take me back to the dashboard and add the 5 points for the search.
Ugh....maybe it is no longer worth it...first Coke Rewards shits the bed and now this...

Bing has been working for me as normal since I started doing it again a month or so ago. Hopefully your issues get resolved and aren't a sign of something I have to look forward to.

The only issue I was having yesterday was with mobile points not counting. I haven't tried today yet though. Hopefully that's all resolved by the time I try doing those searches.

I used to, not so much anymore though. Last one i got was in june to promote the xbox gamepass

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Does anyone get Bing point emails?
I do. Monthly point updates and then several with opportunities for points throughout the month.
Thank you two for reminding me of the emails! I don't use my hotmail much so I had probably a dozen bing emails from last couple of months in there. Most of the links/points were still valid. Just gained like 800 points from those old emails.

FYI, if you are using outlook.com, none of the bing emails showed up in the "Focused" inbox, I had to go into "Other" to find them. I immediately disabled that feature because they do a really bad job of making sure you know there are emails in there...

Anybody else having issues lately? I ask because my mom has been having issues, yet I have not. Her browse and earn points will not reset and it won't let her do her mobile searches. When she goes to do them a page comes up telling HOW do to them on mobile, but normally it'd take you to a page to click through the stories on the home page of Bing.

She put in a ticket already, and I get to help her respond to it later (yay?) but I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar problems too.

My searches didn't reset on Friday, nor did they for someone else in the XBL Deals thread, but mine reset yesterday and today.  Has it been resetting intermittently, or hasn't it reset at all for a number of days?  I did my Thursday searches after midnight Eastern, so technically Friday morning.  The Bing day reset occurred later (I'm guessing 3am Eastern), but maybe they changed it to midnight user's local time.

The Mobile Search link from the Rewards page is also acting that way for me, but if you go to the Bing home page, scroll down and click one of the popular now links, I've been getting the page that the Mobile Search link used to show.  Those searches have been counting.

Tip1: You can now collect daily points at

www.bing.de

and

www.bing.fr

and

www.bing.co.uk

and

www.bing.com.au

and

www.bing.com/?cc=us

irrespective of where your account is based (USA, Germany, France, UK, Australia).

Points are stackable across locales and there is no need to change IPs. You will still be able to cash those points in your base locale against whichever rewards are available to you.

Tip2: Use Google Chrome in Developer mode to collect mobile Bing points from the comfort of your desktop PC.
I don't think this works anymore. :(

Has anyone noticed any changes with the rewards? Amazon has disappeared and point prices have increased. Regal Cinemas went from 10,050 to 13,000 and the various $5 gift cards have gone up from 5,250 to 6,500.

Also, a recent email survey makes it seem like some major changes are coming to the program, including the possibility of charging a membership fee.

Has anyone noticed any changes with the rewards? Amazon has disappeared and point prices have increased. Regal Cinemas went from 10,050 to 13,000 and the various $5 gift cards have gone up from 5,250 to 6,500.
Also, a recent email survey makes it seem like some major changes are coming to the program, including the possibility of charging a membership fee.
If they charge a fee, then I am going to dump it.

YMMV - Just checked the Rewards section and they are now offering $5 PayPal payments for 7,000-ish points. Not that great considering some can get $5 Amazon gift cards for 5,250 but it is a nice option. 

Has anyone redeemed the 1 year game Pass reward? I've been saving up for that to sell but I don't know if its a code or if it just applies to your account.

I've got two questions. First, how does one make sure they get emails? I just reactivated my account two weeks ago, and so far nothing. I tried to find somewhere on the site to opt in for them but I struck out. Secondly, has the program changed drastically in the last two years? I see my last redemption was on 9-27-15 for a $5 Amazon GC, for 475 points. They now cost 5250 points. That's a huge increase.

I've got two questions. First, how does one make sure they get emails? I just reactivated my account two weeks ago, and so far nothing. I tried to find somewhere on the site to opt in for them but I struck out. Secondly, has the program changed drastically in the last two years? I see my last redemption was on 9-27-15 for a $5 Amazon GC, for 475 points. They now cost 5250 points. That's a huge increase.
A few changes have occurred. You get more points per day but I think the ratio to rewards is not as good as it was originally. I am not sure why you are not getting emails. I assume you checked your spam, right?

A few changes have occurred. You get more points per day but I think the ratio to rewards is not as good as it was originally. I am not sure why you are not getting emails. I assume you checked your spam, right?
Yeah, i didn't believe I was getting this many points before. Wish I could use Edge on Windows 7, I'm losing out on those points. Yep, nothing from MS or Bing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, i didn't believe I was getting this many points before. Wish I could use Edge on Windows 7, I'm losing out on those points. Yep, nothing from MS or Bing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
A buddy of mine signed up using a non MS email and never got the Bing or MS Rewards newsletter.

If you are using a MS email you can see your subscriptions at profile/communications/ on your account page.

I had a direct link to sign up for any MS email subscription at the Profile Center, but that redirects back to the account page now.

A buddy of mine signed up using a non MS email and never got the Bing or MS Rewards newsletter.

If you are using a MS email you can see your subscriptions at profile/communications/ on your account page.

I had a direct link to sign up for any MS email subscription at the Profile Center, but that redirects back to the account page now.
I finally found the communication preferences, and I am signed up already. I removed the subscription, and then had to do more searching to find where to sign up again. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to email them.

Everything for the most part actually still cost the same. When they made the name switch from Bing Rewards to Microsoft Rewards, they tweaked the point system in that they just added zeros to everything. For example, desktop searches netted you 15 per day and mobile 10. Now it's 150 on desktop and 100 on mobile, so for the rewards to properly align with the points change, zeros were added to the cost of rewards too. 4,650 points for a 5$ xbox card is still the equivalent to the old 465 points. Also, if you aren't reaching your monthly quota of 500 searches, you drop down to silver status and lose your discount on rewards, hence why the amazon gift card is 5,250 instead of being 4,750.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything for the most part actually still cost the same. When they made the name switch from Bing Rewards to Microsoft Rewards, they tweaked the point system in that they just added zeros to everything. For example, desktop searches netted you 15 per day and mobile 10. Now it's 150 on desktop and 100 on mobile, so for the rewards to properly align with the points change, zeros were added to the cost of rewards too. 4,650 points for a 5$ xbox card is still the equivalent to the old 465 points. Also, if you aren't reaching your monthly quota of 500 searches, you drop down to silver status and lose your discount on rewards, hence why the amazon gift card is 5,250 instead of being 4,750.
Now that you said that I do remember it being 15 for desktop and 10 for mobile searches. As for the Amazon gift card price, I was already at Level 2 (Bing used to call Gold) as soon as MS reactivated my account, because they gave me 500 points for being patient (it took them several days for their "team" to investigate) as well as being a loyal rewards member. Apparently the switch to MS Rewards also nerfed the discount, it only counts towards MS brands now instead of everything like it was with Bing Rewards (IIRC).

My last points purchase was around this time last year and it was pretty close to the same deal as right now. I've only recently "gotten serious" about keeping up with this everyday though, so I don't remember a second, better deal.

Was it really a deal though? I thought I read it was a mistake. I didn't have an active account at the time so I missed it completely.

My cousin got a new layout and a way to earn more points by going on streaks. He's offered 200 daily points for searching on the Edge Mobile browser.

I am going to download the mobile browser tomorrow and see if the 200 points offer is valid only to users with the new layout.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here know if you can do mobile searches on a Kindle Fire? My Android tablet is super slow and my mom got a new Kindle Fire for Christmas and offered me her old one. So I figure if I can do my MS Rewards stuff on there that'd be perfect since I am one of the rare people who doesn't own a smartphone.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here know if you can do mobile searches on a Kindle Fire? My Android tablet is super slow and my mom got a new Kindle Fire for Christmas and offered me her old one. So I figure if I can do my MS Rewards stuff on there that'd be perfect since I am one of the rare people who doesn't own a smartphone.
As a fellow smartphone-less person, I can do mobile searches on my Kindle Fire through the Bing app (which comes via the Google Play store). I could not find a way to get the searches to credit towards mobile through the Silk Browser though.

As a fellow smartphone-less person, I can do mobile searches on my Kindle Fire through the Bing app (which comes via the Google Play store). I could not find a way to get the searches to credit towards mobile through the Silk Browser though.
Thank you for the response!

bread's done
Back