Biohazard: Deadly Silence Revealed

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']looks like the playstation one resident evil game with resident evil survivor quality graphics.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil Survivor graphics weren't all that good on PSone or PS2, and I can still remember how lackluster Resident Evil Gaiden was on GBA. I can't imagine Deadly Silence will offer much fun either. :cry:

DS or not, given the popularity of the GC REmake, and the vastly improved control scheme of RE4, this looks like a remarkable step back. Color me unimpressed.

The only thing I am thinking after seeing these screenshots that would make this game very worthwhile, is if there is going to be some kind of 2+ player real-time co-op.

[quote name='mykevermin']DS or not, given the popularity of the GC REmake, and the vastly improved control scheme of RE4, this looks like a remarkable step back. Color me unimpressed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Will I still buy it? Probably.

[quote name='connigit']Could someone post a image on here? Damn internet settings at work won't let me view that page.....gah....[/QUOTE] Here you go.

I'm not giving up hope yet. A lot of times when DS/GBA pics in mags make games look more jaggy and bad than they actually are. not to mention that these pics are probably from an early build.

Hopefully, it won't suck.

Thanks for the pic, ECW_fan.

Dammit- I thought there was a rumor that this was going to be the original game but with a resident evil 4 style view? They're really gonna have to make this special to warrant me picking up the same game for a friggin' 4th time. (oringal ps1, director's cut, gamecube version) Better use that stylus and mic, and fix up those controls. I bet you that pic in the bottom right is showing you how the touchscreen works for puzzles.

what the hell is that?! this is just bascially re1 renamed but with worse graphics damnit i guess every since re4 came out no other re can even compare well except maybe when re5 comes out

[quote name='Mex25']what the hell is that?! this is just bascially re1 renamed but with worse graphics damnit i guess every since re4 came out no other re can even compare well except maybe when re5 comes out[/QUOTE]

Clearly, you have never played the original. The graphics are a huge leap over the PSX version (they were blob models) and it also looks as though the backgrounds are in full 3D, not just a bmp. Let's hope they rerecord the voice-overs.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Clearly, you have never played the original. The graphics are a huge leap over the PSX version (they were blob models) and it also looks as though the backgrounds are in full 3D, not just a bmp. Let's hope they rerecord the voice-overs.[/QUOTE]

were have you bEEEEEEN!!!!! , I hope they dont redo the voiceover the game is awesome with the original.

Interesting. Another game on my to-get list when I pick up a DS. Yes, the graphics are crumpy looking, but it might not look as bad when it's actually on the DS.

It could be good, it could be crap. I think it would've been a better idea to pull this off on the PSP, but it doesn't just work like that because it should.

I think it looks awesome, I can't wait. I don't see why everyone is complaining about the graphics. If you were really that concerned with graphics, you should have bought a PSP.

Yes another remake of a 10 year old game thats been re-released at least 10 times. Hopefully the game has improved graphics and touch screen gameplay (not just for puzzles). The sad thing is I'll still buy it. Although I'm kind of confused why capcom doesn't make a completely original RE game on the DS. Development on DS games is pretty cheap (cheaper than GBA games) and developing a new game probably cost the same as porting a game and revising it. One can only hope that capcom brings out RE2 on the DS (thats the best of the RE games IMO).

I agree with Myke. With REmake and RE4, graphics are supposed to be better and we're supposed to be moving forward, not working on a crappy version of the first game.. I mean, come on, is it that hard to think of an original storyline and setting for the DS? Here, i'll do one now.. a deserted city. A hotel. A sports arena. A train. The mall. The subway. On the streets. A high school (Obscure). A college. The movie theatre. A carnival. I mean, the possibilities are endless, why are they going and bringing back the very first one? It just seems weird.

Chances are that any gamer that has a DS also has a GC or a PS1, 95% of the gaming audience has already played this game and unless there's some exclusive levels or something, this is going to be bad..

this is going to be really cool if they do it right. Hopefully they include the Lisa Trevor stuff in the new game because it would be a shame if they did not.

wow how many times did they redo this title?:roll:

RE PS1
RE Directors Cut PS1
RE Dir Cut Dual Shock ver Ps1
RE DOS/Windows
RE Saturn
Re-remake GC

Keep in mind that the DS is basically a tiny N64. This looks about what RE would look like on N64 (remember RE 2 on N64 and what it looked like). Comparing it to PSP is foolish. PSP is eons ahead of what the PS1 could do, and even the PS1 whooped N64's ass in the graphics arena.

[quote name='Vegan']even the PS1 whooped N64's ass in the graphics arena.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

It isn't about graphics; it's about replaying a game that's 70% old hat. Capcom isn't alone here; anyone who owns Final Fantasy GBA, or the PS1 comps can testify to that, as well as any of the "Mario Advance" titles. OTOH, Resident Evil has been redone to death, and it's been redone better than this.

Moreover, the reaction of most people to Resident Evil 4 was positive; *that* was a step in the right direction, and fans clamored for more. Capcom's next move? Go back to RE1. Not a good move, and it shows that Capcom isn't paying as much attention to what people want as they should.

I think it looks savage.

biods11.jpg

biods12.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']:whistle2:s

It isn't about graphics; it's about replaying a game that's 70% old hat. Capcom isn't alone here; anyone who owns Final Fantasy GBA, or the PS1 comps can testify to that, as well as any of the "Mario Advance" titles. OTOH, Resident Evil has been redone to death, and it's been redone better than this.

Moreover, the reaction of most people to Resident Evil 4 was positive; *that* was a step in the right direction, and fans clamored for more. Capcom's next move? Go back to RE1. Not a good move, and it shows that Capcom isn't paying as much attention to what people want as they should.[/QUOTE]

If they make this game like RE4 you can count me out. Too much ammo, too much health, and no puzzles ruined that game. And its not like RE5 is going to be much different from what they have said, so it is not like they are really taking a step backwards to the old ways (which they should IMO do)

and I can't see how a remake on a portable is a bad thing. It looks pretty neat and the additions to the REmake were really nice and I bet they do some cool things with the DS.

also it nice to see that they are making this game because it is a tribute to the game that saved Capcom after they beat SFII to death

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
also it nice to see that they are making this game because it is a tribute to the game that saved Capcom after they beat SFII to death[/QUOTE]

hmmmmm.......there are more REmakes than SF2 games. just sayin'

"don't open that door!"
"it might be handy if you, the master of lockpicks, take it with you
"Hope this is not... Chris's blood..."

:lol::rofl::lol:

[quote name='SAGExSDX']"don't open that door!"
"it might be handy if you, the master of lockpicks, take it with you
"Hope this is not... Chris's blood..."

:lol::rofl::lol:[/QUOTE]

"you were almost a Jill Sandwich"

[quote name='Apossum']hmmmmm.......there are more REmakes than SF2 games. just sayin'[/QUOTE]

yes but the game has always sold fairly well, no matter how many remakes there have been. Super Street Fighter II basically put Capcom on its deathbed because it sold like shit and they banked on it selling as well as the previous versions

and I don't really think adding analog support or dual shock support is a remake. There was the original, DC, and the REmake. I highly doubt many people ran out to play a dual shock version of the original if they already had it, where as people flocked to the newer versions of SFII when they came out (until the same game had basically kept being released for three years, at which point people got tired of the same game).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']yes but the game has always sold fairly well, no matter how many remakes there have been. Super Street Fighter II basically put Capcom on its deathbed because it sold like shit and they banked on it selling as well as the previous versions

and I don't really think adding analog support or dual shock support is a remake. There was the original, DC, and the REmake. I highly doubt many people ran out to play a dual shock version of the original if they already had it, where as people flocked to the newer versions of SFII when they came out (until the same game had basically kept being released for three years, at which point people got tired of the same game).[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. not that I care about remakes anyway, as there are always new fans to woo and those who waited get a nice treat. hopefully, with this one, it'll be a completely different experience gameplay wise.

[quote name='Mex25']what the hell is that?! this is just bascially re1 renamed but with worse graphics damnit i guess every since re4 came out no other re can even compare well except maybe when re5 comes out[/QUOTE]

You do know that for a game to make an advance, it doesnt need to have the best graphics. Plus, even if they made a new one for DS, the graphics wouldnt compare with GC's.

[quote name='CaoPi']wow how many times did they redo this title?

RE PS1
RE Directors Cut PS1
RE Dir Cut Dual Shock ver Ps1
RE DOS/Windows
RE Saturn
Re-remake GC[/QUOTE]

Your actually counting the game being released on different systems as redos???

I would say there is two remakes of the game there. RE: Directors cut would be a Remake in some terms, the dual shock version, is the same but with added rumble feature, not really a remake especially since its on the same system as the original.

Then RE-Remake for GC would obviously be a remake. The dos version and the saturn versions are not remakes, that would be like calling lets say, the GC version of madden, which was released after the PS2 and Xbox versions, remakes.

bread's done
Back