Bionic Commando Rearmed on Steam $9.99

LOL at first I thought it was the new Bionic Commando, I am going to pass I have it already on the 360 and its a big ball of frustration. I cant believe I beat this game back on the NES.

I think this is one of the hardest games ive played in a while. im sure you are going to play it with a controller on PC (steam), but imagine playing this game with a keyboard.

On normal difficulty, I think it only starts out hard. Once you get used to the arm, I think it is pretty easy.

Super Hard difficulty on the other hand...

Yea, I have this on the PS3, normal is easy as heck....but I'm trying to get the trophy for beating Super Hard. It's a pain just getting by the first level. UGH!

The challenge rooms can be a little difficult, I'm stuck in about the 53 out of 56, (maybe idk if that's the right number) I did all the others in about 15 times max, this one it says I have attempted 498 times already.

[quote name='CD6405']Yea, I have this on the PS3, normal is easy as heck....but I'm trying to get the trophy for beating Super Hard. It's a pain just getting by the first level. UGH!
[/QUOTE]

Tip:

Start with #5. The rocket launcher helps a ton, and #5 is relatively easy to finish with just the revolver.

[quote name='jeremy517']Tip:

Start with #5. The rocket launcher helps a ton, and #5 is relatively easy to finish with just the revolver.
[/QUOTE]

Oh cool thanks, I never thought of that lol. I was just going from the start to the end. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out tonight!

[quote name='z3razerviper']Does the steam version use securom or just steam drm?[/QUOTE]

Steam is usually pretty good about disclosing that kind of stuff, and as the page says nothing about Third Party DRM, I'd say its probably just Steam.

I remember getting excited when this came out for the PC, then being disappointed that it was only on the Capcom store. I have accounts on too many digital distribution sites as it is. Finally getting it on Steam is cool, but my gaming backlog is pretty enormous by now (in large part because of Steam and its weekend deals).

So: how long is the game? With short = better in this case.

Good deal as of now, but I believe this was $5 on PSN and XBL about a month ago. My guess is this is going to be 1.99 for the Steam Holiday sale, if you can wait.

[quote name='coldgears']How is this a deal it has been selling for 10 dollars since release...[/QUOTE]
If I recall, it was going for $15 for the PC upon release.
The main news is that it is on Steam.

This game is fuckin hard. It isn't hard because of the game but the controls. You want to jump but he doesn't he has the arm. I get that but the fucker doesn't shoot it diagonal as much as you need him to. I ever have a custom joystick that has an octagonal gate and still doesn't work for shit.

I loved the game. The story mode's difficulty on Normal is just right. From what I heard, it gets ridiculous on the higher difficulties though.

I CAN tell you that the challenge rooms are flat out retarded at the higher levels. It isn't even actually a challenge, all it is is you guessing at finicky, pixel perfect timing for which you usually have no guide whatsoever.

[quote name='Ecto311']This game is fuckin hard. It isn't hard because of the game but the controls. You want to jump but he doesn't he has the arm. I get that but the fucker doesn't shoot it diagonal as much as you need him to. I ever have a custom joystick that has an octagonal gate and still doesn't work for shit.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it default to diagonal if you're not pushing a direction?

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loved the game. The story mode's difficulty on Normal is just right. From what I heard, it gets ridiculous on the higher difficulties though.

I CAN tell you that the challenge rooms are flat out retarded at the higher levels. It isn't even actually a challenge, all it is is you guessing at finicky, pixel perfect timing for which you usually have no guide whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....the challenge rooms are foolish, I'm on the last one and you have 90 seconds to beat the damn thing. It's a pain to me. It's still not the worst though (that goes to 51, Going Down.)

[quote name='Ecto311']This game is fuckin hard. It isn't hard because of the game but the controls. You want to jump but he doesn't he has the arm. I get that but the fucker doesn't shoot it diagonal as much as you need him to. I ever have a custom joystick that has an octagonal gate and still doesn't work for shit.[/QUOTE]

He shoots diagonal by default.

bread's done
Back