BIOS password for a toshiba satellite laptop?

ValkyrieVF-1S

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Today I turned on my Toshiba Satellite M105-S322 laptop, and it asked for a BIOS password. Does anyone know why it is asking for a password? I never had to input a password before and I don't know what it would be. Is there a way to get around this because I can't access anything.

Yeah I read that too, but I am not really comfortable doing that with a laptop. Never opened one before.

What I really want to know is why is it asking for one? I am pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong. Is this a toshiba problem?

Did anyone else besides you use it? That's what I'm thinking it is.

It shouldn't be too hard to open the laptop and remove the battery. I'm assuming it's pretty similar to doing it on a desktop.

I am not really comfortable doing that. Plus I have been reading that the battery might be soldered on, and I don't know to solder anything. I think I am just going to take it into a Toshiba tech center, because I think they are aware of the BIOS problem, since it seems many of their laptop models are doing the same thing.

Because of this problem, I don't think I am ever going to purchase a Toshiba laptop ever again.

By the way, if anyone has bought a toshiba laptop in the last couple of years should really update their BIOS, or else you might get the same problem. Updating the BIOS will prevent this problem. Well that is what the Toshiba site says.

bread's done
Back