Bioshock 2 $34 + $10 credit AC at GameStop / $40 + $10 credit at Amazon

Interesting deal...question is...is Bioshock 2 worth it? (I loved the first Bioshock, but is this just more of the same?)

Wish I didnt preorder this...I still havent opened it and this is a better deal than the $53 + $10 future credit from Amazon

[quote name='Ernest_360']Interesting deal...question is...is Bioshock 2 worth it? (I loved the first Bioshock, but is this just more of the same?)[/QUOTE]

its a good game, but its a lot of the same. if you want more of the bioshock world i say it is worth it. i bought it day one from amazon and i loved it.

I bought the game day one and just got around to playing. All I can say is the wow factor from the first game isn't all there but the overall mechanics behind the plasmids and shooting are much better making for a great sequel imo

i got the collectors edition for 50 at bestbuy (they had a coupon, and sale at same time) beat it in 5 days, traded it to gamestop during their +50% and got over $40. so i got to rent it for 5 days and all collectors edition stuff for $10 :D. Good times.

as for is it worth it, the aesthetic is still there, little sister defend portions are great, made the trap systems much better.... story is slightly worst ( part of the charm of the first was exploration of new world which now isn't new). some standout portions that are as good if not better then bio 1. overall i would call it more of a rent. Beat the campaign 1 time and thats it. just make sure to play it on a high difficulty so you take your time (you see alot more when you are cautious and slow paced) and absorb it all.

Bioshock 2 was $20 at Toys R Us recently with the purchase of Splinter Cell Conviction.

just a hunch it'll be that price again, stand alone, very soon...

I noticed that the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition is on sale at Gamestop for $79.99 which can be brought down by 15NEW to be $67.99 before Tax. Not bad if you cannot find a clearance copy at a Best Buy.

[quote name='Ernest_360']Interesting deal...question is...is Bioshock 2 worth it? (I loved the first Bioshock, but is this just more of the same?)[/QUOTE]

Imagine a dumbed down version of Bioshock (1), no Invent Stations, Less Plasmids (Replaced with a system where all plasmids go to a 3rd upgrade), and you're about 1.5x stronger than Jack.

Even if the change makes it more fast paced and action-y than the more strategic first one, it's still pretty fun.

I loved it. It's definately more of the same first game, but to me that's good. Some of the play mechanics are different like you can use both plasmids and weapons at the same time.

The live multi-player is surprisingly fun. Researching bodies, hacking turrets and vending machines, becoming a big daddy etc. all make for interesting game play.

To me, it's a quality game and is definately worth the price.

Bioshock's story was uniquely genre-breaking. Bioshock 2's story certainly is not, so in that respect, the story is not notworthy. But it does have a good story compared to your average first-person shooter (of course that isn't saying very much).

Anyone know if this $10 credit on all those games is cumulative? Like I use the 25% off code, and buy multiple games on that list-do I still get $10 per game? Because if so, this is literally the best deal I have EVER seen from Gamestop, and one of the better deals ever anywhere. Totally awesome.

My only problem is I really want to standardize on one system, and that's probably got to be Xbox...but darn it, Final Fantasy 13 looks so much better on Playstation :whistle2:/

Thanks for the advice regarding gameplay everybody. I am tempted...$40 goldbox deal (+ my swagbucks $5 Amazon giftcard) = $35 for the game + $10 future gaming credit which makes Amazon on par with GameStop's deal (at least for me personally, and I much prefer Amazon to GameStop). Such a hard decision! I just keep adding to my backlog...

I'm probably just being silly and nitpicky, but could you edit the topic title to indicate that this is bioshock 2 and not the first one. I know that it really couldn't have been the first one at that price so it doesn't really matter. It would just make me feel better, I guess. :)

Thanks for the head's up - Just ordered 360 version of this at GS online for $25.65 shipped ($32.99 used + 10% off with EDGE + 20% with 20USED + free shipping with SAVER). Not sure if I'm getting a $10 GC because I bought used not new but for $25.65, I really don't care...

[quote name='mgsvr']Amazon is 39 bucks + 10 bucks credit = so it's 29 bucks. Much better deal than GS![/QUOTE]

Please explain how $39.99 + $10 is better than $34 + $10

And no it is not $29 at Amazon. By that logic, it's $24 at GS

[quote name='Hedgethorn']Bioshock's story was uniquely genre-breaking. Bioshock 2's story certainly is not, so in that respect, the story is not notworthy. But it does have a good story compared to your average first-person shooter (of course that isn't saying very much).[/QUOTE]

I am playing them in reverse order. I got Bioshock 2 and am now doing Bioshock 1.

I gotta say that Bioshock 2 is a huge improvement over 1.

I'm only doing 1 because I want to go through the story.

It wasn't clear from the thread title that this was for the sequel, but good thing I clicked the link!

I've been waiting for GS to drop this below $40. Couldn't care less about the $10 bonus though. Thanks, OP! In for 1!

[quote name='Jerajdai']Thanks for the head's up - Just ordered 360 version of this at GS online for $25.65 shipped ($32.99 used + 10% off with EDGE + 20% with 20USED + free shipping with SAVER). Not sure if I'm getting a $10 GC because I bought used not new but for $25.65, I really don't care...[/QUOTE]

I almost forgot about that 20used coupon, thanks for the reminder! I was trying to use cag16 for a lesser discount and on top of that my $10 promo code wouldn't stack. No problem stacking it with 20used.

Here's the breakdown:

Bioshock 2: $32.99 - 3.30 (Edge) - 5.94 (20used) - 10.00 (unique promo code) + 1.01 (tax) = $14.76

And it was paid in credit...Thanks again for the reminder.

edit: Jerajdai, you don't need to use SAVER. You get free shipping with any order over $25 (before discounts).

[quote name='dino88']edit: Jerajdai, you don't need to use SAVER. You get free shipping with any order over $25 (before discounts).[/QUOTE]

Ok - my bad. Couldn't remember if I saw saver listed on my order but got free shipping anyways. Good to know - thanks for the info! :D

I randomly bought the Playstation version of Bioshock. I don't know why. Grr. I need to standardize some century :whistle2:/

Uh, I tried to buy it with 20USED, and uh... It always changes back to the 10AUTO, and doesn't give me the 20USED.

[quote name='TheHoodGuy']Uh, I tried to buy it with 20USED, and uh... It always changes back to the 10AUTO, and doesn't give me the 20USED.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me - I hit refresh and the 20USED applied and the 10AUTO disappeared.

BioShock 2 is much better than the first one. The story is ok, but the gameplay is better. Having the drill and a much faster hack system changes gameplay for the better. I personally had "fun" with this one as compared to the first one where in some parts, I got tired of going around trying to finish the level.

[quote name='Jerajdai']That happened to me - I hit refresh and the 20USED applied and the 10AUTO disappeared.[/QUOTE]
What's really retarded is that I hit the "Shop now" button on the USED20 code ad, and it allows you to find Bioshock 2. Needless to say, I sent them an E-Mail about it, and if I don't get my $4 back, I probably won't shop from them again.

The fact that they advertised that you could get it for 20% less and then slaps you right in the face and says "no, you get 10%" really pisses me off.

EDIT: Okay, I just got an E-Mail response.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We apologize for this issue that you have experienced. The 20USED
coupon can only be combined with the Edge card and no other discount.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Kristen"

OIWEORWIEROWER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if anyone wants the PC version, Amazon is putting it out for $26.99 WITH a $10 video game credit.

$27 for BS2 and a $10 credit, shipped (free SSS, $25+)? That sounds good to me...

[quote name='Mikocouch']Amazon has the 360 and ps3 versions for $35.99 now with the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

OP, update title por favor...

Yeah I picked up the 360 version this morning from Amazon, seems like it pays to wait till after the DOTD price these days.

$36 +$10 credit back seemed like a good deal, especially as I had $16 in Amazon credit.

Very good deal for a game that didn't come out not too long ago. I would prefer the Amazon deal because the $10 GC stack unlike Gamestop's $10 coupons.

using 15new, I got Bioshock 2 for $32.43 for with tax and shipping + getting the $10 off coupon code. Helluva deal

For the price? Yes, but if you have expectations that this will top the first game? Then NO!

The storyline in this game is as dull as any action movie. There is no twists and no turns. It isn't very deep... If you are a fan of the first game due to game play mechanics you will love this game as it is slightly better in that department.

So to summarize:

Cons:
- Story line is dull
- The world of rapture is no longer new, nothing new and exciting

Pros:
- It's the world of rapture, still enticing
- game play mechanics has improved slightly

It's worth around $20 in my books, but no more. Surprised the major publications gave it a review score around 90%, this is at best an 80% game.

Yeah, I got it at $40....minus 25%, plus the $10 coupon, so I'm not complaining!

Unfortunately I can confirm that you CAN'T use the $10 coupons on orders that use the 25% off thing :(

bread's done
Back