Bioshock 2 Special Edition 29.99 @ Walmart YMMV

Cuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just picked this up myself, saw about 6 360 copies and 3 PS3 copies. Damn good price for all the stuff you get with it, so if you're feeling lucky and want this check your local walmart. Working there, I know they are SUPPOSED to be universally clearanced. Sorry if this is a repost or anything.

Cuke~

I just opened up my copy that I got earlier last year. Love the quality of everything included. I got mine for $19.99 back then from TRU, but $30 is also a steal for it. Hell even $50 would be. Now I have to figure out where to display it..

Just saw 2 copies of COD:WAW LE at my Wally World...anyone have any clue on the price of these? Was in a rush and couldn't find any employees...

In a related note, this thread has inspired me to finally buy the frames for the 3 posters that come with it.

I would like to do that on my lunch but I don't know the measurements, so, would any CAG'r kindly who is at home with their edition tell me the size?

Much obliged

[quote name='taccord1986']My walmart had these priced at 29.99 might pick up a couple more that is a great deal to pass up[/QUOTE]

f*cking hoarder. :roll:

Seriously i own one for 360 and i want to buy one more for ps3 and mabey one more of each to actually keep sealed that is how you act i like the game and i also like to keep stuff sealed. what is the big problem with that.

I saw this today as well. the outsides are beat all to hell but $30 seems like a good price. I never played the first Bioshock so this is wasted on me.

The beat-up copy at my Walmart was still priced at ~$60, next to all three of the :360: Burger King games, each "clearance" priced at $8 a pop. :roll:

Bought a PS3 version at Target a couple of months back for about $18 and like wal-mart, the outside cardboard was a tattered mess. The box holding the contents appear sturdy at least.

great deal for what you get in the package. But these aren't ever gonna be worth anything if you're looking to flip. Why didn't this game sell well again?

[quote name='H3xum']In a related note, this thread has inspired me to finally buy the frames for the 3 posters that come with it.

I would like to do that on my lunch but I don't know the measurements, so, would any CAG'r kindly who is at home with their edition tell me the size?

Much obliged[/QUOTE]

The posters are 11'' by 14''. ;) Speaking of Walmart, I think they've got frames that are like $5.

I seen it @ BB on clearance for $35 sure it's more but if you can't find it for the $30 @ walmart BB does give the gamers points on top of the reward zone points.

My Walmart has never dropped this past the ~$50 price range. I check every other time I am there though, even though I bought a copy of just the game at Blockbuster for $7.50.
The 360 versions at my store look to be in good shape but the sole PS3 copy has an anti-theft device on it, the black circle with the four cords coming off of it. The cables have dug into the box because they put it on too tight and it has ruined it.

[quote name='mistamike']I literally just got this at blockbuster last night used for 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

the SPECIAL EDITION? I dont think bbv carried it.

Dangit! I just passed up on this deal since I figured that the SE goodies kinda stunk. Now I'll have to drive another 30 minutes back to that Wal-mart to see if they have it. If they do, I want it.

Thanks OP I picked this up on the way home. Ive been eying this up for the last couple of months at $50. All the ones at my store were in OK condition. The edges of the cardboard were a little banged up but not terrible.

Now if they mark the Batman CE down (still $50) Ill pick that up to

thanks op! one of my teachers this semester was a concept artist on this game (and is currently working on the next) so I'm gonna track this down at walmart and then have him sign my book. sweet.

thanks op, wal mart in kenner, La has it marked for $50 but it rings up for $30. if you see it marked high may be worth it to scan it.

[quote name='technicalstylez']thanks op! one of my teachers this semester was a concept artist on this game (and is currently working on the next) so I'm gonna track this down at walmart and then have him sign my book. sweet.[/QUOTE]

very cool! I hope you find one :D

[quote name='technicalstylez']thanks op! one of my teachers this semester was a concept artist on this game (and is currently working on the next) so I'm gonna track this down at walmart and then have him sign my book. sweet.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's awesome. What school?

[quote name='Trance Addix']Damn, that's awesome. What school?[/QUOTE]

Academy of Art University in San Francisco. He used to work at Midway before they went bankrupt and now he's at marin 2k. One of my teachers last semester was art director for Wall-E... they bring in good teachers, atleast for my dept.

Just picked one up. I checked online and the website said it was OOS, but the store had 3 copies. Good thing I knew Walmart's site wouldn't have an accurate measure of the stock.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Ah - you're getting an uncompromised :) Can I send you my artbook to get signed haha?[/QUOTE]

haha im scared to even ask him to sign my own copy. i still need to track down one of these on ps3 to buy. if u can find get me a ps3 set (i'll pay you back via paypal) then ship it to me with your artbook, then yeah i can get yours signed and ship it back to you. im not getting yours signed if i dont have my own to get signed haha.

ps cool tag. im listening to armin van buren as i type this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an online stock checker for stores? The one directly on wally's web page doesn't work as the game shows out of stock.

Not bad at all, though I still kick myself for missing the Bioshock 2 Special Edition and the God Of War 3 Collector's edition for $19.99 each on Toys R' Us.com last spring!

[quote name='technicalstylez']mine works fine and says in stock in several stores.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, mine still shows out of stock even when I clear cookies. Where are you located?

[quote name='King Royalty']f*cking hoarder. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Typically I agree with you on this point but this LE has been so cheap so many times and has been so commonly available that I'm a little surprised every CAG doesn't have a copy of their own yet.

Besides as I said, it's so cheap so often it's hard to imagine he is making any profit off these things. They are large and prob. expensive to ship around.

Went to two walmarts before realizing I could check the website for copies.
Went and bought the last one on PS3 but there were 3 left for 360.
Tag said $50 but it wrang up as $30. Great deal, thanks for this one OP!

[quote name='King Royalty']f*cking hoarder. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Picking up a couple more is far from hoarding when this set has been:
On clearance at Target for $17
On sale at TRU for $20ish
On sale cheap at Amazon
On sale cheap at Newegg
Readily available at every Wal Mart I've seen in a month.

If you don't have one by now, it's because you're too fucking lazy to go get one or too broke to buy one. In either case, calling someone who wants a couple of extra copies a hoarder just sounds like you're a fucking whiner. Man up.

I stopped by my local WalMart and saw it tagged as $50. Had them price check and it was $30, so I grabbed one in the best condition (there were three). The cover is a little torn, but everything on the inside is in mint condition so I'm happy. I hope the 2K sale for XBOX Live this week includes some Bioshock 2 DLC.

I saw this today and nearly bought it, but then I realized I had no idea where the fuck I would display it at. While I do like CE/LE's, finding a place to have them out proves to be a challenge when they outgrow my game collection shelf. I already have GTA4, Halo Legendary, Batman Arkham Asylum, and other various big boxes competing for space.

I guess I'll think about it for a few more days until my next trip there. Surely no one will buy them all up at my local Walmart here in the middle of nowhere. I think I saw a Mass Effect 2 CE there just over a month ago. Probably would have bought it if I didn't already have 2 copies.

bread's done
Back