Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360) $9.99 NEW @ Gamestop

Rollobobo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1365 (100%)
Not sure how much of a deal this is, but Gamestop is selling Bioshock 2 for $9.99 on Xbox 360. The used copies still sell for 17.99 so I think this discount will only be available on new. $10 for an excellent game seems like a deal to me. :D

I really want to cause the first was good. But I hear this one wasn't as good and I have so much other stuff and finals. I think I will pass this time. Good find though.

Bioshock 2 is a pretty awesome game. The only complaint is that it's not as magical as the first one. It's a better game on paper and technically, but it didn't come together as well.

Nearly any specific complaints about Bioshock 2 are in reference to Bioshock 1. It's far above average compared to most other FPS games. A steal at $10

i can't believe i paid 35 for this a year ago and it is still sealed. one day ill play it... at least i got a gamestop $10 certificate with it. (which i think didn't work) :bomb:

raiden who are those girls on your avatar?

^^^ Yeah, that's ultra hot blonde girl action!

On topic, I didn't care for Bioshock 1 very much (probably just me) but feel I should give this a try. Does it help for a completeness of the story?

[quote name='frpilot']i can't believe i paid 35 for this a year ago and it is still sealed. one day ill play it... at least i got a gamestop $10 certificate with it. (which i think didn't work) :bomb:

raiden who are those girls on your avatar?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Needles-Kane']^^^ Yeah, that's ultra hot blonde girl action!

On topic, I didn't care for Bioshock 1 very much (probably just me) but feel I should give this a try. Does it help for a completeness of the story?[/QUOTE]

I maybe wrong but isn't that Nicole Richie and Paris "herpies" Hilton?

I'll admit that I'm probably in the minority, but I liked it better than the first (and I loved the first). It ends much better imo.

[quote name='joshnorm']I maybe wrong but isn't that Nicole Richie and Paris "herpies" Hilton?[/QUOTE]

i was thinking it was them, but looks too young to be paris and nicole was a little bit more plump back then as i recall... then again, simple life was years ago.

It's only bad if compared to Bioshock 1. The game is still really fun and expands on the story of the first. Bioshock 1 was incredibly ambitious and proved that FPS games could have a great story as well, and that just wasn't going to happen again. Still, for $10 this is a fun game that lets you throw clouds of bees and fireballs at countless Splicers (and has pretty fun multiplayer modes as well). Can't go wrong at that price.

everyone should own this game for 10 bucks. its a great game. I think its on par with bio1. not as many awe moments but its got great levels and alot of variety in the play. i got it last year and enjoyed everyminute of it. I like the multiplayer too but its too bad they charge you for the cool ones. I think that probably killed the game for most people.
If i didnt already have a mint copy id go get this.

Wonder if it varies from store to store? That or the idiots at one of the stores I was just at don't know what they're doing. It rang up at $19.99. I suggested it should've been $9.99 -- that I read as much as cheapassgamer.com. They'd weren't familiar with site?! Other guy said it would ring up the same for him. I went to another store and it was $9.99 there ... with price tag to match.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Used is marked down to 8.99 now. Its funny cause Bioshock one is 17.99[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's what I picked up. $8.09 or something after discount.

I loved this game. If you have read Ayn Rand it's the flipside to her philosophies which the first game was based on and it explores what happens when the other extreme, total social consciousness is forcible implemented.

Coupled with a much clearer moral protagonist who just wants to save his daughter. I liked that... plus the complaint that it was too much like the first one... I loved the first one and wanted it to remain similarly grounded.

Bizarre -- not available online and the store locator only gives the option to search for used copies? What's up with that? I'd expect it maybe for more niche titles, but weird for something as major as Bioshock 2.

I hope this means more people will be playing the multiplayer. It wasn't *that* hard to get a game going this weekend, but it's not a particularly lively community.

No reason not to own this game for $10. It's great, and only suffers in comparison to the first game.

Make SURE you get the 'Minerva's Den' DLC too. It's amazing. :bouncy:

Yeah, I liked the first one better, but the second was good. As others have said, good find but i'll have to pass on this as I still own it. Now if only gamestop would bring the price of the first one down to match this price for ps3, I'd play it again.

bread's done
Back